This bug is annoying

Basically, in game graphic settings are changing by itself.
In some maps, settings are the way I set them, in other maps, I can clearly see that GPU settings are set on medium, high or above and thus kills my FPS and makes the game very laggy.

Funny thing is, when I enter the settings, it shows that settings are in the way I set them, but in the actual game, they are not.

I’m on PC (laptop), Epic.

1 Like

Take pictures or it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

I have the same problem I also play on PC

Do you know which maps this is happening to you on? And are there any specific settings that are being changed?

From my experience, it happens on random, it’s not related to maps. I thought it was, but after playing more matches and getting the same maps, I figured the problem is random, it’s not map related.

I don’t know what triggers it tbh.

Funny thing is. My settings look the same as the way I’ve set them, in the settings menu. Which is everything on low. When the bug happens, I can see that Shadows are higher than low, in the match.
But when I enter the settings while in that match, to see what was changed, it shows the settings on low.

Yesterday I had 4 matches in a row where in match settings were not the way I set them.
So I had to restart the game and in the 1st match after restarting it showed my settings in the actual match. Something triggers this bug, but like I said, I’m not sure what.

I’ve asked my friends who are also on PC (Epic) and they have the same problem.

2 Likes

FromTheHood wrote everything exactly right. Only restarting the game solves the problem.

1 Like

We’re having trouble reproducing this issue. If you figure out a possible trigger, let us know.

1 Like

Are they trying it out on PC or PS?
Lots of my friends have the same problem and all of them are on Epic / PC.

There’s no specific trigger that I’ve noticed, because even when I start the game (graphic settings are on low) and go to loadouts, I can see that settings are not on low jut by looking at the characters.

Then I could go in the match and while in the chopper the settings are still not on low, but when the match starts, my settings would be on low.

I can go and play a couple of matches and in game settings are on low, then in the next match they would be medium or high.

But at anytime I can go into menus to see the graphics settings and it would show me everything on low, while in the actual match, settings are higher.

It’s hard to figure out the cause of this because it’s already active (bug, glitch) when I start the game. I’m guessing it has to do something with config file itself where settings are written / coded.

I would suggest to dev team to actually check the config file before and after starting the game itself.

The problem with spontaneous installation of graphics settings on the PC remained. Developers, pay attention to this, as the game has become almost unplayable!

It’s almost impossible to play, you constantly have to restart the game to restore the settings. More than 2 months have passed, and the bug has not been fixed. The game is so not optimized at all, already on the splash screen it loads the computer, so now it has become almost shit with this bug.