TO EVERYONE WHO CRIES ABOUT SPOTTING

how about one spot per ft member in 20 seconds

Dude! Being able to hunt and track the Predator using a device to track his pheromone signature and sneaking up on him and all four of us unloading on him all at once would be fun asf. Not only fun for Ft but Predator too. As the Predator that would keep me on my toes and give me an opportunity to set some traps and an ambush. That would give the FT another option in game. Do the objectives or risk it and track the Predator. That would extend the time as well. Damn Dude nice call. Yo!! That needs its own thread.

A cool down on marking/spotting would be great

Can we please get a fix for spot spamming?

Something in the line of 2 is the way to go imo, which eliminates the ā€œspam spottingā€, the only real problem.

Anything else is just smart predator agenda using the problem with spam spotting to get indirect buffs.

If the Predator is cloaked and being still he shouldnā€™t be able to get spotted/marked.

He should be if he does something that reveals his position and the fireteam deduces where he is.
Being 100% invisible while staying still already allows to stalk, plan the approach and maybe get some hits. Then time to move and reposition.

Nope. Making a move takes less than a second. Predator cloaked and being still shouldnā€™t be able to get spotted/marked.

Even if the Predator is cloaked and being still aand not attacking, the FT can hear him and spam spot in the direction of the sound. Spotting needs to change.

As mentioned above, spam spotting is something that can be solved for example with a cooldown. Nothing to do with the invisibility.

Once spam spotting is solved, thereā€™s no reason why the fireteam should not be able to spot predator if they deduce their position when heā€™s invisible by looking at the trajectory of his projectiles or whatever. The reason why now that is problematic is precisely because they can spam spotting to find him illegitimately.

a cd would def be a major step in the right directionā€¦ as for invisibilityā€¦ at least on the pc side, they just need to make a much higher lvl for the lowest graphic settings so u canā€™t go full potato clan

1 Like

When it comes to logic invisibility has everything to do with it. When something is invisible you canā€™t spot it. Therefore the Predator shouldnā€™t be able to get spotted while cloaked and being still.

While cloaked and being still, predator is 100% invisible. That works. You canā€™t see him. However you can guess where he is by other means, and tell your partners if you do so. Here is where spotting comes in, that allows a fireteam member to tell their partners where predator is if he finds that out, having mic or not. It is irrelevant if predator is 100% invisible or not. There are other clues that can lead to guess his exact location (laser, projectiles, disc trajectory etc), and if he gives out those he deserves to be spotted and reposition.

On the other hand, if you use real life logic I think many of the things in this game should be removed, so thatā€™s not a good argument.

Literally the only problem now is that ā€œspam spottingā€ allows to do some kind of pseudo scan of the environment and find illegitimatelly an invisible predator that is not giving out clues. Remove spam spotting and the problem is solved, predator will only be spotted in a correct way when he does an action that reveals his position, not through spamming a button like a scanner.

While standing completely still sometimes you still can get spotted

2 Likes

Ok what should be removed if you use real life logic?

You canā€™t use real life logic to talk about balance issues, this is a game. You have to think about what makes sense in the game.

For example grenades or any hard hitting explosives should cause damage to covers or buildings. Reinforcements as they are should be deployed by an helicopter and not appear out of nowhere. Realism sometimes is lost in favor of whatā€™s best for the gameplay.

I still havenā€™t heard a single argument defending why the fireteam shouldnā€™t be able to spot a predator that being 100% invisible has exposed his location through other means. If the predator is still and 100% invisible AND doing nothing else, like aiming or shooting, it might have some sense that he couldnā€™t be spotted (because there is no way heā€™s giving out any clues about his location), but Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s not what some predators want :)

If people want some unnecesary quality of life change that allows to be able to use the one-dimensional strategy abuse of standing still while shooting as many times as possible without a fireteam member being able to tell the rest where predator exactly is despite being obvious for the one who guessed it, thatā€™s fine, but just say it lol.

1 Like

I think the easiest/simplest way would be to just require the FT to do damage to the Predator first and then be able to spot.

Otherwise, I feel that itā€™s fine as it is, because I think I could assume these FT members are seasoned hunters and would be expecting to encounter a Predator during their mission.

I can understand your sentiment, though, and stand behind changes that the Devs want to make.

1 Like

How about stop crying about it? You Preds run around on the ground like Mario anyway.

1 Like

Wonder if you guys can clear something up for me ā€¦

I have heard a lot of players saying that standing still while cloaked makes you literally 100% invisible. This is also mentioned in this thread.

Is this only true on PC? Or are people not meaning ā€œliterally invisibleā€?

The reason I ask is that I play on PS4, and Iā€™ve tested this by standing still and cloaked for almost 30 seconds, waiting for AI or FT to come to the area. As soon as they are in line of sight, they see me.

Yes Iā€™m completely still. I literally put my controller down.

Iā€™ve also tested this out as a FT member. When the pred is still and cloaked, you can CLEARLY see him. You just see him as the clear distorted cloak, rather than as his normal appearance.

So, once and for all, does cloaking and being 100% still EVER make Pred invisible?

in all honestly who plays in full potato mode (besides it requiring modification of game files)??
who has a high end PC and chooses to play at settings below what is built into the game to win a match on a near dead game that has zero rewards once you reach lvl 100??