Traps are for the skill less

Love this. This totally resonates with me.
So many people just lay there in the middle of nowhere. “Revive me!”
“Move to somewhere where I can revive you safely, and I might bloody try you tool!”

Like they suddenly lose the ability to use their movement keys once they’ve been downed. Urgh!

3 Likes

I mean in fairness the movement speed while downed is really fucking slow, so I understand, but at the same time, still try please!! lol

1 Like

If only there was a perk for that…oh wait… there is…
If only there was a time where taking this perk made sense in the current perk system… oh wait… there isn’t.

2 Likes

@VENN7eance I can agree with the sentiment of not trapping a single downed FT, but only because it is a waste of resources.

If I get two downed, however (which will typically come from one going for the revive and me introducing him or her to the business end of a combi throw) I will deploy a trap right on top of them so that their comrades will have to coordinate who will go for whom and, if I’m lucky enough that they’ve crawled in opposite directions, I have now split the battlefield - which is already hectic - into two zones by deploying one measly little trap.

The FT has to coordinate and communicate to counter this strategy. As an FT main, I both love and hate to face this tactic. I see it as a sign of competence.

Don’t deny yourself the satisfaction of doing so, Mr. Venn. Once you seize control as Predator, don’t relinquish it!

In reference to your other point of it being a dick move - I agree. A short history lesson… the first such recorded instance of a dick move came on the Ides of March, 44 BC, when the conspirator senators assassinated Julius Caesar. The Romans thereafter called any such situation a “dick move”, or “phallus modus” in Latin.

Also, use Large Pouch so you can carry 4 of them sumbitches. 😈

YOURE A DICK MOVE!

1 Like

@Fire I’m too noob as Pred to not take the first one off the board if I’m able to get them down.

Dogs gotta eat!

If they get downed, they must die.
All ft players must. Die. Horribly.

THEY MUST BE HUNTED!

1 Like

@richterbryan I won’t try to change your mind, but I will share my feelings on the subject.

I cannot condemn any non-exploitative tactics a Predator uses. I want my Preds to bring the smoke. Do whatever he or she wants in order to try to win. Get sweaty. Try HARDT. Force me to adapt my gameplay.

I want to win knowing that I took away what they wanted to do simply by playing wisely. I want to see the best that they can offer, and then put them down like a baby with shit in their diaper right before I get on the bird. And I want to do it with the factory-installed skull still on my shoulders. All of that is left up to me.

I see it as utilization of available tools, as opposed to skilled vs. unskilled gameplay.

Any tactics I deploy as Pred, I have simply stolen from players that are superior to me. I view them as superior because their tactics work.

It might be dirty, but fighting is wrong to begin with. If you’re gonna fight, you might as well win!

Given how undeniably skewed this game is in favor of FT, the predator has to do everything he can.

1 Like

“That’s like your opinion man.” —The Dude

The traps have to be well placed otherwise they’re useless.

Hostile Ai can set them off too.

So, a Predator could place them only to have the traps waisted because of a base alert and swarming Ai.

There aren’t many predators that use them that way. They seem to always be used for blocking the redeploy or blocking the exfil.

Maybe they should just spawn all redeploy locations and let the fireteam decide where they want to redeploy, or only spawn the redeploy box once the redeploy mission becomes available.

1 Like

I’ve seen this strategy used a fair amount recently. Good thing I use Sixth Sense perk allot; however, we can’t disarm traps yet, which is why I created a feedback thread about trap rework here: Bear Trap 2.o A Necessary Rework

Topic addresses concerns, complaints and solutions to how traps work in the game with my gameplay footage as an example.

Leave the traps alone. Predators need them just the way they are. FT players stop your belly aching and just play, you have the advantage already. Shut your mouths…

I laugh when a FT goes to the reinforcement radio and they all meet a tragic ending screaming that they are trapped lmfao!!!

I love when a Predator does that I the use the ai to trip them lol. Make the ai follow you and waste ur traps best feeling ever . Then kill the pred cause he thinks he caught me lol

Thats when I wipe the AI and kill you anyways lol!!!

Hide an seek champion. Good luck.

@Schoolboy_Skeptik I really like this idea, man. I tend to run my second “play” at the reinforce radio and don’t deploy any traps until I see the notification, but this would prevent a Sweatador from preventing the reinforce on inexperienced FTs.

They need to make this happen.

1 Like

Lmao fearmongering control scams lmfao our government is a business that’s losing millions do you mean to tell me they would do it if it’s not necessary our government loves money more then people that’s why were here they decided not to fund study for antivirus playing it off like the flu I bet they feel like assholes because they lost more money then a vaccine would’ve cost
But China always wears masks, probably not inside the buildings at work in food plants gleeking on it all likely why they still had a large spread. Go ahead with it’s a control scam

Best way to overthrow a government is to make it weak. Conspiracy theory 101 😉.

1 Like