Trophy Room(s)

I know this idea is a bit of a stretch but I was wondering what you all thought about some team resources going toward a kind of extension of your character or to the story. Not explaining myself well, let’s start with the Trophy rooms.

Unlockable either through leveling up say every twenty five levels after 100. First you’d unlock a FT Trophy room, containing a map table, armoury, and of course space for trophy’s. At 150 you unlock the first Predator Trophy Room and at 175 and 200 you get the other two.

The Three Predator Trophy Rooms are a Cave, A Predator Ship, and a large room, presumably on their home world.

I’m assuming some things, first that we’ll have some form of special events allowing us to hunt some form of giant beast or bug, maybe on these maps, maybe on another world. Second, claiming these trophy’s will allow us to get event trophy’s. New modes may also allow for new things to be displayed.

Assuming the above is true, adding trophy’s to your rooms may unlock rank bonus or advantages. Very small things, ie. extra gear points, small stat adjustments, or even titles and rank in Yautja society.

Rank could even play a part in spawn location or NPC reaction, groups might find you more threatening or individuals be terrified. There’s plenty of room to expand, but are members of the community interested in it?

Let me know.

4 Likes

Not sure what the rules on double posting are or the character limit on edits but I have more to write now that I have time. I apologize if doing so is against the rules.

Earning Mythic’s - Getting the mythic trophy’s from crates is ok but I’d like to suggest another way to do this. Each month or there about’s, we’ll have a challenge we can complete as our Predators. These challenges can vary each month, the first month might be something easy like find three Key’s to unlock a cloaked box left by your elders. You must do this during a match and claim at least one skull to keep the mythic. The next month you might have to fight a legendary enemy, a character from another time period who has unique weapons and some boosted stats, healing and health, but has archaic weapon that either do less damage or are prone to miss. Each month allows you to unlock a new mythic, or special skin.

• These trophy’s can then be displayed in your Trophy rooms.
  • Legendary Enemy’s are played by players who select either when searching for a match, this way they can be added to other matches.
    (The Pred’s may have people who they respect on ice so to speak, so these characters can be from throughout history.)

Physical Space - not literally but in game.
The thing I’d find most intriguing is the idea of accidentally stumbling on a Predators Trophy room on a map I thought I was familiar with. Basically the same way a FT selects a starting location the Pred could select a Trophy Room location. Picture looking out past the branch that bridges the water at the edge of the map and seeing a ramp leading up into a shimmering cloaked ship, inside is a room filled with Trophy’s and weapons, with a defence system, look don’t touch.

• The Predator may gain an advantage by placing a Trophy Room on the map, they can visit it to swap weapons during the match, sacrificing time to do so. Different trophy’s could mean different weapon options.
  • The Trophy room may allow a single extra heal per match if one of the trophy’s grants that effect. Trophy’s may also give other small boosts or advantages ie. better scanning, a hunting dog or Falcon.
3 Likes

I just realized I never covered the FT Trophy room, it too could be dropped onto the map as a Shipping container sized building with some defensive capabilities, mounted guns or even turrets, providing a refuge for FT members but keeping them still vulnerable to the ever counting clock.

Ammo kits, Med packs and essential resupply all in one location. I imagine it opening on one side and giving access to a large map table of the current map, with a remarkable amount of real-time information. Resupply and whatever trophy’s have been introduced for the FT, probably Predator masks or broken equipment/weapons.

Along with that it is possible it could change the reinforcement mechanic, essentially you’d select a second character to be at or in the FT base and when respawn becomes an option they could come out there.

The Trophy room/FT base is obviously locked at a higher level and while it will change somethings I don’t think it will be unbalanced at those levels. Predator gets his not long after and hopefully that will provide some higher level strategies.