Ultimate Bug Report Log For Devs 2.03

Alright everyone, given how big this section is, let’s make 1 definitive log for the devs to read from when determining what to fix in the next patch. As such, I request that everyone only replies with bugs, console/pc, how often it occurs, and any other relevant info. To keep this short, please read through all relevant replies to see if any other players have the same issues, if you have the same issues, feel free to comment with what console/pc you play on, and how often the glitch/bug occurs. I hope that this gives the devs a better scope of the bugs and how often they occur.

My Submissions/Entries:
Console: PS4

ERROR CE-34878-0/CONSISTENT CRASHING
-Game no longer outright crashes, instead freezes and crashes upon restarting.
-Most common and irritating bug that currently occurs in the game.
-Occurs at least every other match as Predator, and mostly on Hunter, City Hunter, Jungle Hunter, Samurai. I have not crashed as Samurai, Alpha or Elder yet, but I have heard reports that others have crashed on them often. Also occurs on all maps.
-Makes the game literally unplayable.
-Highest priority to fix.

FORCED ADS
-On certain ranged weapons for Predator, most notably the Plasma Pistol and Combistick, the Yautja will get stuck in an ADS animation while having said ranged weapon equipped.
-Can be resolved by switching to any other gear and back using the gear wheel.

LEAP ATTACKING
-Whenever hitting the R1 button for leap, instead of leaping the predator does an attack.
-Only on Predator.
-Also auto interacts with all gear options that only use the R2 trigger, an example being that if you have the med-kit equipped, it will be auto used.
-Only happens when hit to low health but not into second wind
-Can be resolved by healing and then switching between gear items through the gear wheel multiple times.

FIRETEAM HITBOX TRACKING WIERDNESS
-Jumping throws off hitbox tracking when using the Alpha Sickle, as in, it locks on but if they jump it auto hits where they were, not where they are.
-Crouching screws up going for headshots more often to where you can hit them, but no damage is dealt.
-In general you can visually land the shots and hit the character model, but it will sometimes pass through the middle of the model without dealing damage.

PMC QUICK CLAIM STUCK
-When attempting to quick claim PMCs, the Predator will be stuck standing and there is no way to regain control other than restarting the game.

POST SECOND WIND HEALING STUCK
-If healing from second wind on a slightly angled surface, you cannot move until you exit crouch.
-Very common, but easy to work around and only a mild inconvenience

6 Likes

AUTO REVIVE TEAMMATE
When close to a recently downed teammate, you’ll automatically start reviving them with no option to cancel.

AUTO QUICKCLAIM
Exactly what it sounds like. You down a FT in close proximity and it quickclaims automatically.

THERMAL AFFECTING BOW AND COMBI THROW
Being in thermal vision is affecting whether or not arrows hit target. Your arrow will go through bodies, even solid walls and doors. Same with CombiStick. Happens occasionally, but still a nuisance watching well aimed shots having zero effect and going through target.

1 Like
  • Private crossplay matches are not possible anymore since some two days (connection fails)

• A Freeze during using the self-revive kit (PS4!) - my impression: that happens, if you simultaneously are getting hit

• Similar to the aforementioned bug, if you are getting hit during the use of a self-revive kit (PS4), the self-revive fails and the kit is lost

• If you play a normal crossplay match with a friend (in a group), after that you have to dissolve and set up the group freshly - as otherwise one player (PS4) tends to be “thrown” out during connecting to the next match; sometimes you even have to restart all computers/consoles!

3 Likes

34878-0 is making me very angry. Just crashed on Scout predator 90 seconds into match. Preposterous. Time to give it a rest until fixed.

4 Likes

UNLIMITED MATCHMAKING TIMES
-When matchmaking for Predator, there is a chance that the time will go on forever. The longest I have let it run before restarting the game is 15 minutes when the estimated wait was 4 minutes 30 seconds.
-Easy to get around, simply restart the game, but it is somewhat annoying because you have to wait so long to find out if the matchmaking is glitched or not.

CITY HUNTER COMBISTICK SHADER TEXTURE GLITCH
-When wielded by the Predator, the textures and visuals for the City Hunter Combistick are correct, but when thrown the textures glitch out. However, when picked back up, the textures are fixed.
-Happens on every throw when the Combistick hits anything.
-Only a visual glitch and does not impact the game mechanics. Only on City Hunter’s combistick

COMBISTICK THROWN THROUGH INVISIBLE WALL OR TREE
-If the combistick is thrown at certain edges of the map, it will go through the invisible wall after the return to area timer. As such, the predator cannot go get the combistick and it is rendered useless for the rest of the match
-If the combistick is thrown at certain angles at certain trees, it will get stuck inside the tree and the Predator cannot remove it. This also renders the combistick useless for the rest of the match

PREDATOR THERMAL EYE SHINE
-When using thermal vision on certain preds, most notably Jungle Hunter, the eye shine is in-between the eyes on the helmet, and does not show up on the eyes.
-Only a visual glitch and does impact game mechanics unless fireteam is specifically looking for eye shine.

SAMURAI PREDATOR REAR ARMOR GLITCH
-The armor protecting Samurai’s butt is glitched to where it will fold in upon itself and float partially inside the predator.
-Only visual and does not impact gameplay

1 Like

STARTING SCOREBOARD GLITCH
-If the scoreboard is held open during the initial cutscene, it will stay open throughout the match. There is no way to close it, and exiting the match back to the main menu resolves the issue.

1 Like

PREDLOCKS PHYSICS
-Predlocks gyrate constantly even when not moving.
-Predlocks phase through plasmacaster and pack.
-Alpha, Thinner, Thicker, Elder, and Young Blood predlocks can phase through parts of Samurai helmet.

1 Like

Are you still seeing the auto claim issue? Auto claiming should be resolved, so if it isn’t, I’ll want to dig deeper.

Also, haven’t heard much chatter on thermal causing collision detection issues. I’ll have to play around with that myself. Can you replicate it yourself on the tutorial map, or are you only seeing it in live games?

4 Likes

COMPLETE INVISIBILITY

• in a game yesterday, the predator was invisible the WHOLE time; he finished two people right in front of me in a room and I could not see him. Then one of said men dangled in the air - right before me. AI was shooting in this direction and green slime appeared. So I fired all I had in that direction - which killed the predator; I just know that due to some 2000 points I made. I never saw anything of the predator. Crossplay was off, all players were PS4 (or at least pretended to be)

NO CLICKING NOISES DURING CLOAKING

• very similar to the aforementioned point did I also experience a predator, who did not make any noises although cloaked. It was a PC player, so I supposed, that he cheated. In every second game with PC players something strange happens (whereas with PS4 this is reaaaaally seldom - I do not believe, that PC players mostly are superhumans whereas PS4 players are mostly just humans…) - why I finally decided to switch crossplay off when not playing with friends - cheating seems to be a big problem on PC now

DIFFERENT GRAPHICS SETTINGS - DIFFERENT FOLIAGE

• fitting to aforementioned points. Although this might not be a bug - its a bug, from my POV. If i am hiding behind a bush in my view and a PC players has a setting, where there is no bush at all, I would call that a bug. It should not be possible to play with people with other foliage details. Let those without foliage play together and those with foliage. Do not mix. Solved by setting crossplay off too - at least for PS4…
5 Likes

@ OldKingHamlet

The main issues i have

1. Arrows going straight through FT members crouching heads
  2. Ammo crates giving free syringes
  3. Headshot bow damage nerf
  4. Combi stick throw shadow nerf hits less than full charged bow
  5. The disc is destroy-able
  6. The revive syringe should not be allowed.(imagine a predator self destructing then wakes up and blows up a whole team
  7. The ads movement speed on predator is to slow and the FT in essence has more perks and better perks than predator.
  8. The trees need more bushes and cover for predcour to work.
  9. The train map is way to ez to snipe from especially vs low graphic users
  10. Its very easy to land 50 cal sniper shots with no real weakness to the user.
  11. Bow tracers need to go away
  12. Full charged plasma shot is almost impossible to pull off vs good fts and the projectile is to slow inmo.

I play both sides and find FT to ez.

4 Likes

CRASHING EXTENSIONS
-Now every predator crashes no matter what

1 Like

EMPTY SLOTS DO NOT FILL

• when the fire team and predator are assembled and e.g. all 4 fire team persons already are visible - but the predator slot is still empty - it often stays empty (at least long enough for all FTs to leave); it should not be a problem to find a predator for the empty slot very fast, right? Same for FT slots - often they do not fill at all…
1 Like

Hi, thanks for replying. Indeed, the auto quick claim is still happening. In this match, right at the end during exfil my Predator auto claims which allows the player to escape.

With regards to collision issues with the Bow, I’m sure @YUPPERS and @Weevo540 can give you better details but there are issues where while in thermal the targeting is off, while FT is crouched the arrows aren’t hitting. This is during live matches.

1 Like

The last two times I’ve used the Self Revive Syrette, I’ve bluescreened. So I feel that.

2 Likes

I don’t see any difference with hit box issues in thermal vs not in thermal. The issue is when FT is crouched. Arrows, combistick melee and throw, and disk frequently go right through their torso. Savvy FT walk around crouched if you’re using bow because they know this.

And while we’re here, hit detection on wristblades really need to be addressed. You’ll be right on FT and strikes just go right through them.

2 Likes

I have it on PC: I donno if this a bug but a, when you killing those AI widda disc, the game dosent’t count this as AI kills, so you can kill a bunch of npc’s and still have zero AI kills on the scoreboard.

3 Likes

I am on PS4 and had the game not count 4 ai kills that I charge-slammed at the end of the match right as the screen faded to the end cutscene. Haven’t had that happen in a while though, but I probably will do some testing to see if it is a 1 time thing or a reoccurring glitch.

CROSSPLAY INVITATION ASYMMETRY

• I, being a PS4 player, can just invite people known from the PS4-net to a group. My PC friend has to set up the group and invite me for a non-private game. Whereas for private games I can invite him (in the belonging dialog).
  • but playing together the last two days was impossible anyway - epic update bug, then server down and so on…

FIX THE 10x SCOPE!!!

CRASHING ERROR EXTENSIONS
-Crashing has extended to all Predators except for Alpha Predator
-Self-Revive Syrette for Fireteam crashes every time used.