We believe that the mission and damage need to be adjusted.

I’ve been playing the game since its release, so I know this discussion has been repeated many times.
But now that I’m here, I wanted to reiterate my opinion.

・ The structure of the mission should be changed.
The current mission is too simple and too short. Easy is good, but short is not very good.
We believe that the balance should be in favor of FT at first, but in favor of Pred over time.
※This implies a design in which the power of the FT is diminished by the passage of time and obstacles.

Since all the missions use only one or two areas of a large map, it would be preferable to have a mission large enough to visit all of them.
It is necessary to create a search / survival / elimination in each area that can be completed in about 10~12 minutes.
I would like to see a change where you have to do search / survival / elimination for 3~5 minutes in one area, and clear 3~4 areas in total to escape.

・adjust the overall damage
Ignore the specific numbers.
FT is currently capable of dealing 30%-100% damage when dealing with Pred alone.
Given that it is 1:4, the ideal maximum damage that a single FT can do is 30%.
This should be adjusted by lowering the damage itself or by DPS, rather than setting a damage cap on FT.
(※20% for AR, 30% for SR, and 10% for HG is my personal ideal maximum damage per magazine.)
Pred should lower the AoE range and damage a bit since the plasma cannon is broken with the addition of Specialization.
(※One shot kills are great fun, but low risk one shot kills break the game.)
It might be a good idea to adjust it so that a zero charge has a wide AoE but low damage, and a full charge has high damage but almost no AoE

The current environment (ver. 2.19) seems to be a short game made even shorter by the high damage and short missions of both sides.

3 Likes

I’m okay with most of this. Undecided on that plasma adjustment with current state of game

1 Like

4 Likes

The game is balanced around 2 people not hitting the predator and being dead, we don’t know why. I blame console’s tank controls.

I’d understand the 4v1v1v1v1 balance if FT ever had a reason to split up but its not like thats the case.

2 Likes

I feel that it is the only Predator weapon that has an OP performance.
The damage and AoE when fully charged is too high.
I think this is a good balance for PCFT, but not for PSFT.
I think lowering the AoE range at full charge and increasing the bullet speed would be just right.
※This is a case of lowering the firepower of FT, not lowering it with damage at this point.

To put a finer point on it, I feel that the high firepower of the sniper rifle and the presence of the field medic allow the plasma cannon to be broken.
I’m talking about adjusting the plasma cannon to balance these two.

You are blaming the wrong people… people to blame are the devs who use the controllers to play this game and they dont even use their scope zooms.

I dig most of this.
Missions definitely need to be drawn out. Would love longer games for the amount of time qued in.

Y’know, most of these wouldn’t be problems if Pred movement wasn’t as bad as Ark Survival Evolved’s system. You get stuck on pebbles even walking, and practically levitate on your way down from a leap. The pattern for leaping is incredibly predictable and easily countered. You can snipe a Pred out of the air with 2 days of practice, maybe less. What needs to happen is a complete overhaul to the system. Mantling, grappling, swinging, all that. Mantle over petty obstacles automatically. Grapple over larger obstacles like branches and buildings when bonking into them by choice with a certain control. And the option to swing with momentum to another branch rather than running along the branch wide open would be appreciated

Give sniper bullets travel time instead of hitscan and this issue is fixed.
Trickshotters will cry though.

paranoia increased
No
No
The raids no
The base wipes it’s all flooding back noooooo

1 Like

The mission times , I would lean towards it means shorter games and shorter ques? So I cant see them changing that and it is probably by design. If I had to guess

Yes to all of this. But I think it’s beyond their capabilities. The core mechanics we have now are what they will always be.

1 Like