Weapon balance.

I think the recoil changes were good in update 2.5, but some of the base rifles are now worthless compared to the Hammerhead and Mercenary which have better DPS and less damage drop off plus an underbarrel grenade launcher.

Additionally, some of the predators strongest weapons have been substantially nerfed. The Axe, the plasma Pistol, and the Bow are now in a decent place. The Norse Hammer has been way over nerfed, not sure why. The plasma caster is less explosive but stronger with direct hits which is good.

But ONE Fireteam weapon continues to be the most broken gun from the very release of this game never once having its damage reduced. The SAWZ-50. So much of the Fireteam imbalance is only because of this weapon. So with that context @Doom.

Please reverse the damage nerfs on the QR-4, G-ROW, and AR-W and buff the range on the GOSL and QR-4, then reduce the damage of the SAWZ-50 by 20%. After all of those changes, most weapons will be weak enough to give the predator a chance while still each having there own effective niche to fit a chosen play style.

But the fact that the base damage of the SAWZ50 is 252 while the highest damaging Shotgun is 246 at point blank range should be clear as day that the SAWZ50 is way too powerful.

4 Likes

Props to you @SkooLBoY_SkePtiK. You can always bring something well thinked to this forum instead of all cry babies on here who only think of nerf nerf nerf and ā€œforgetā€ that also have plenty of useless weapons, specs and equioment that should have a buff.

1 Like

Thanks, man. I just feel bad that predators are constantly getting obliterated by the Fireteam.

Iā€™ve been playing a lot of Fireteam this week with my brother and itā€™s crazy how fast the predators would get their masks sniped off and get extremely punished and easily chased down, but most of the reason itā€™s so easy was because we were both using the SAWZ-50. No other Fireteam Weapon comes close.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand why they nerfed the weapons eitherā€¦ The weapons as they were before were fine. That plus the new armor and the second wind would have been goodā€¦

1 Like

I know. About the sawz particularly i wouldnā€™t nerf itā€™s damage, weā€™re talking about a sniper rifle after all. I wpuld significantly nerf itā€™s bolt action time, itā€™s aiming speed, maybe add the need to hold breath to aim steady consuming stamina (this would prevent FT to chase>shoot>chase>shoot endlessly) and reduce ammo capacity to 3 mags including the one you start with.
Also some other weapons need buff, following guns fire power logic, the shotgun point blank like you said and the rpg (forgot the alt name in the game), cause it makes no sense itā€™s damage atm considering itā€™s an rpg.
For the Pred side i would buff net gun damage, wrist launcher travel speed, slow down/limp temporary effect to bear traps while adding 1 sec to activate after placing (to avoid traps to the head and mid air) and nerfing itā€™s proximity sound to avoid itā€™s easy detection.
More could be said, but Illfonic never paid attention to players feedback.

1 Like

You could do that, but you have to account for how this game plays.

I think of it as ā€œencounters.ā€ Every time the predator has an ā€œencounterā€ with the Fireteam, they have to do damage to force heals, draw fire to waste ammo, and hope to get downs and or kills, then heal and repeat while the Fireteam tries to complete objectives while driving the predator to go away and heal. The current damage of the sawz50 makes dealing critical amounts of damage to the predator too quick. The ammo capacity would have to be as low as 2 total mags to be low enough for the predator to actually drain their ammo, so I think itā€™s better to reduce the damage so the predator can tank more shots and do more damage per encounter with the Fireteam.

4 Likes

Try this build:
Dante Unleashed
RPG
CS-12
Field Syrettes and ammo Pouch
Thick Skin, prepper, and quick release

I think youā€™ll find it to be both fun and rewarding to land those rockets. šŸ˜†

1 Like

I can agree with that. But you canā€™t forget one thing. Assuming that sometimes (lotā€™s of times) all ft bring sawz you would need a huge nerf to itā€™s damage. Half maybe? 125hp? Even with that kind of buff it would only need 2 shots per ft to melt the pred easy and fast. A bigger nerf than this would make the sawz pretty much useless for solo players.

Half would make it weaker than the 7EN.

Part of playing predator is managing line of sight. Also, the Sawz50 has a fair amount of damage dropoff, so 20% damage would make running away much easier if you can create 50 - 75m of distance.

Pistol still op, low ammo is not an issue if you just bring ammo bags, and dps highest

You mean they are shit now, underpowered vs fireteam.

Axe took 1 heavy + 4 lights to down a support. Bow 4 arrows to dowm an assault no thick skin. Game is broken as fuck against the pred. Pred can get melted in 2 seconds while to down 1 ft can take 5 seconds.

Its not. Ft can just camp inside buildings now. Less counter play for pred

Laughs at scout duelist using hammerhead and pistol

Sawz is op but its not even necessary to destroy pred right now

1 Like

I agree šŸ’Æ

The reason I donā€™t think recoil is that significant though is because we can use weapons training but I like it and it does feel more balanced that way

Extreme šŸ¤£šŸ’Ŗā¤ļøā¤ļødmg

Yeah. I have noticed that is more of an issue.

Yeah. I think thatā€™s a good thing. Any incentive to use other perks. Otherwise, builds and gameplay become stagnant.

1 Like

I get it. When rebalancing you have to start somewhere though. Once you knock down the clear meta, you can start evaluating other outliers.