Weapon select, auto claim, auto eat, terrain & other issues

PS4

I like this game but I’m about ready to quit playing it. Tired of getting new class and weapon skins that dont really alter game play. Tired of no new maps and game modes, it’s really making the game boring. Most of all I’m tired of dev time wasted on cosmetics when we need all these bugs, glitches, and frustrations that just keep happening and creeping up with this game fixed. We don’t want skins and NECA figures with codes. We want a stable, polished experience first and new modes and maps second. Cosmetics and skins third. Resources are used to create new cosmetics that come out in a patch that almost always creates new bugs that then have to be hotfixed so they can create new skins in a another patch that breaks more things that needs to be hot fixed over and over. How is the game ever going to really get fixed if that’s what the cycle is?

Bugs, glitches, and frustrations detailed below…

When I select my melee weapon (elder sword for example) it will change it back to wrists blades sometimes. I’ll select my melee weapon, see the animation of it equipping, and when I go in to attack my wrist blades are selected.

Also the weapon and dialog wheel needs to be “sticky” like when you select something on the wheel sometimes the cursor will drift off your selection when moving the sticks quickly (like trying to switch weapons fast) and even though you highlighted what you wanted letting off the stick before the screen closes it won’t register.

Predator still randomly auto long claims fireteam players when meleed down.

Predator still randomly auto eats pigs after meleed down.

Predator gets stuck on the smallest pieces of terrain when running and just comes to a complete stop. Small roots, boards, rocks. Just stops.

With the leap the predator still gets stuck or just floats off things if he touches anything, usually when you leap and things off screen you can’t see hit you (like tree branches) it just stops you or you bounce in a random direction. You can’t leap when something is too close to you even if it’s not very tall. The collision detection just makes everything a giant wall you can’t leap over if it you’re too close even though it looks like you should be able to. You can’t jump over a FT member either if they are closer to you either. You bounce straight up in the air and slowly float to the ground. The red arc graphic should change if you’re not able to actually make it to where the cursor is. So many times I put the cursor on a ledge or building and jump only to find out I couldn’t actually get there or the collision detection of the structure blocks me. Like the satellite dishes in back water, you jump to the platform but as you fly through the air the dish blocks you. Just change the color of the arc graphic to let us know we won’t be able to make that leap so we can choose to leap somewhere else.

The leap button many times doesn’t even register it was pressed causing you to push the button a few times to get the leap icon to appear. This is even with full stamina and out in the open. Leap icon cancels too if you’re running down a slope or off something small in the environment. Should be able to keep the cursor up so you don’t have to keep pressing the button over and over which doesn’t register correctly.

Predators eye visors randomly don’t appear during the winning cinematic when they are roaring at the skull.

The beginning cinematic when the predator lands and roars the bottom part of the screen turns into a blurry line of random colors sometimes.

The City Hunter roar was cut copy pasted from the movie sound bite of the predator healing. You can actually hear the “zip” sound of his equipment that sounds like a goofy laser beam at the beginning. Cmon do your home work. You guys didn’t even cut the sound bite correctly and you chose a pain roar instead for the default roar. Just comes across as lazy. There are tons of posts about how broken the City Hunter is so I won’t go into those, but I suppose the scramble will be to fix City Hunter first and the other long standing bugs and glitches will be skipped over again. See my above comment about new content being broken which leads to having to waste time fixing that etc etc.

4 Likes

I would add:
-predator does the wrist blade melee attack insted of shooting the arrow with the bow
-stack sometimes with the health syringe in the hand without the possibility to change it
-after a spear throw if you kill some one with one wrist blade melee attack your visual go directly into the downed ft like if you activate an aim bot system (probabily the tracking system of the weapon is buggy)
-if you change from your primary weapon to the knife with weapon wheel , it changes first to the secondary and then knife (fireteam)
-some times if you peek from a tree to the lateral side shooting an arrow, this arrow fails completely randomly in a different direction
-some times you press the specific buttom for swappig into a weapon (pred) and it doesn’t change this one

1 Like

i listed all this a month and a half ago or more i dont think they read here + i have video just text does not go far fyi

1 Like

Yes I have mentioned so many bugs plus the relative videos and tags, but they ignored all of my posts, they don’t care.

1 Like

“predator does the wrist blade melee attack insted of shooting the arrow with the bow”

^^^THIS

That shit happens constantly and is profoundly fucking annoying. Especially since it deactivates my cloak and gives my position away.

And ultimately I agree with the OP: the devs need to focus on fixing all the issues of the game in its current state before adding new features which, let’s be honest, will themselves be buggy upon initial release.

3 Likes

Wrist blade instead of shooting an arrow is simply a matter of you hit the attack button before you hit the aim button.

It happens when you try to get them saucy quick shots off.

1 Like

There is a general long delay between interactions relating to weapons that just needs to go.

Example:

You stand up after eating a pig and if you try aiming you can’t. You have to wait a couple seconds for the game to recognize your load out. Also if you try attacking you’ll wrist blade no matter what weapon is active until the game acknowledges your load out again.

This is why the game has had interaction issues since day one. The game will drop everything for an interaction and then has to delay to sync back into your load out.

1 Like

I haven’t experienced that sort of delay or I have and it hasnt jumped out at me and being something off. I will pay more attention to it and try to see if I can feel it.

I have been a victim of the wrist blade instead of arrow situation more than once and it is very irritating. So I just made sure I was much more deliberate in my button presses and its solved the issue for me.

I see it alot because I run handheld plasma caster. If I’m running low on shots, say I have 2 left, I’ll shoot twice quick to get the reload. I’ll eat a pig when I have 2 shots left, stand up and try to shoot to get the reload and I’ll wrist blade until I don’t attack for a couple seconds. So many times I ate a pig and saw the FT coming towards me and I’m running around swinging my wrists blades instead of shooting and im getting lit up. I have to stop attacking, while running around for my weapon to initialize again or just eat the damage and leap away.

1 Like

Just to be clear, WTF PRedator is this ALWAYS happening on?
Because if you don’t specifically state that it is ALWAYS happening on a skin, then were going to all think its happening on every class.
Which is absolutely HORSE DONKEY SHIT.

I play Hunter class (base skin) and it DOES happen. Eat a pig and when you try to aim/attack you wrist blade. I’ve just learned to pause before I engage weapons.

Even FT has delays with interactions where mud up icon appears and disappears and won’t come back without you waiting or moving. Sometimes it just doesn’t appear when it should. Happens with objective interactions too. Actions go off without button presses or don’t happen at all at times. This game just has weird delays with its interface reading and displaying inputs it seems.

And on review I don’t see anywhere on this topic were anyone specifically says “always” about an issue. It might have been implied on some of the issues that we’ve detailed that it’s “always” but the fact we’re detailing them means we’re experiencing them. A lot of the bugs reported on this forum I’ve never experienced but I don’t doubt people are seeing them.

Perhaps you are just in love with the caps lock and swearing? Relax.

No, it genuinely can happen whilst you’re aiming, or sometimes when you’re not even pressing the attack button, predator just randomly swipes and breaks cloak.

1 Like

This is annoying to me, too

1 Like