were Predator species bottom feeders in the jungle or sea?

Are those mandibles like ants or crustacian limbic claws?

or was it the result of some crazy human experiments on a human reptile hybrid?

Why in the world would a bipedal man hunting creature evolve like this?

That’s like asking why humans evolved not to have any outer protection like scales or something; nature just sucks.

2 Likes

Mantis have mandible for aid in eating
I thought same scenario

3 Likes

Because they don’t chew with their jaws bc they aren’t mammals.

pred booba posters: 0
pred reptilians: 1

1 Like

there are a few of those milk jugs floating around…of course they just fanart from a crazy fool.

forgot pic related, they’re for rip and tear

Oh man come onnnn…don’t use that movie’s stuff for sourcesssss… =/

1 Like

its canon until it isn’t

Could probably throw cars with his mouth

Chewing has nothing to do with being a mammal.

There’s a lot of reasons they could have mandibles; sexual selection, vestigial structures, feeding efficiency, etc.

I like to think they are used for communication, protection of the inner mouth, and feeding. In the original movie, the clicking was created using the mandibles. I could imagine the predators using the clicks to communicate with some type of alien morse code.

Also, in the original movie, the mandibles had a lot of flesh between the top and bottom mandibles which created cheek like structures.

As far a feeding goes, the mandibles could be used to hold smaller prey or chunks of flesh against the inner mouth while the predator could keep its hands free for protection or attacking larger prey.

A thorough video on the subject.

1 Like

Actually the Pred looks that way cuz the original actor didn’t like the previous suit (alpha Pred reference) so they had to hurriedly make the one we got now, even the nets were just to hold the costume together not because a cosmetic design, or at least that’s what I read 🤔

Yeah, guy above your comment is tripping; calling stuff from that garbage retcon movie canon.

1 Like

I mean, but they added lore to the nets that they’re meant to keep the predator’s skin cooled and assist with their cloaking device (but for some reason they retconned it in that trash 2018 movie, and alpha pred can cloak without even wearing a net, which makes no sense).

1 Like

The whole premise of that movie makes me so sad. I’ve been a predator fan for so long, and then that happened. 😔

Tell me about it 🙄 honestly these people making these Pred movies just don’t know what to do with it, I mean here’s some ideas!

• Make a origin movie
  • Have them win for once
  • Clan Wars
  • Clan Hunts

Not the same trash we been getting where humans (that not like Arnold in the first beat the Predator with cunning and intellect) just beat the Predator out of pure stupid circumstances and luck 🙄

Predators are already still mysterious and alien enough and we still have so little lore on them that retconning them just fucks up everything we already know about them and then it’s like “What’s the point of trying to understand this anymore?”

But if we accept the trash they give us now we won’t like the series regardless

1 Like