What game play are you the gamer looking for?

It seems obvious that there is a disagreement among players about the balancing of the Predator vs. FT…

Let me ask you: both FT players and Pred players: What game play experience are you looking for?

Seems like a more interesting approach as it is pointless discussing if you argue from a different perspective in terms of wishes for game play experience.

My preference and experience:
I play online so I have not taken into account the positives of social interactions you the reader might have if you are in party of 5 personal friends, and how it may, or may not, affect your play style or game play experience.

As a FT player I feel it should be a challenge getting to the exfil point, all of us.
My loadouts aiding me to kill the NPCs and SURVIVING the Predator’s hunt – killing it if we do really well.
Currently I do not feel that.

Way too often my team and I quickly end up in a straight out fight the Predator, and often blasting it to hell making it run off like a dog with its tail between its legs.
We often get into close encounters (melee distance) with the Predator, and very seldom do I feel the suspense of getting stalked, already anticipating it will run in at some early point frustrated about it being hard to lay down some serious hurt. Another frequent scenario is the Predator’s desperate melee push at the exfil point as it has not been able to do anything else than being run off.

Usually we have a spotter on the team and many of the Predators’ attempts to harass from a distance, or up close if it is really bold, ends up in my team quickly spotting it and running it off only having felt mildly harassed in our progress with the completion of the objectives.
The few experiences I have with time being a suspenseful factor has been being in a team utilizing the time trying to catch up the Predator after having pumped it full of rounds to the brink of death forgetting to prioritize fulfilling objectives searching for the Predator.

I find that it often ends up in running quickly through the objectives as it is just good quick XP and currency, even though it supposedly is meant to be a side thing to the interaction between the FT and the Predator,

As for the “Hunter”/Predator I perceive him as extra prize to be won during the run-through of the objectives, with seldom occasions of an extremely skilled Predator player (I apologize to all the Pred players reading this feeling provoked by it).

I hardly ever feel stressed as many FTs have learned staying together equals a very small chance for a Predator, that be both it trying to stalk or to get a kill or two.

Now… If I felt that the Predator would be able to effectively stalk me, a risk of it fatally harassing the team more often than seldom - and maybe even the whole team if we are not careful, I would get a more fulfilling experience as a FT member.
PLEASE NOTE: I am not saying that Predators should be massively buffed in terms of damage or health, but what I am saying is that I would like to feel that the game play experience was mainly about feeling hunted as a FT member, feeling pressured and desperate to get to the chopper and occasionally manage killing pu*** face – because sometimes “shit happens” (sorry had to use that one  ) as the team is good and the Predator plays poorly and not Predator’ish…

Now if FT players are aiming for toe to toe game play with the Predator not fearing it, or and aiming to hunt it, then I feel that being massively trigger happy and blasting monsters is home for game play in another current game. I believe there should be a differentiation more towards PREDATOR: Hunting Grounds - with all the suspense that follows with that.

2 Likes

Nothing more has to be said.

Spot on.

2 Likes

Not provoked predator player arent even given a chance to play with skill we are too easy to see and hear and its not really our fault the game made it too easy for fireteam skill cant even be considered when there is no element of stealth in a 4v1 encounter

2 Likes

Today I played as a Predator (Hunter), (although I usually play as a Scout). Weapon: Bow + Net. Skills: damage from ranged weapons + more energy + camouflage spends less energy.

I managed to shoot one member of the squad. I did not finish him. I waited for others to rescue him. I used the “help me” sounds. As soon as someone came to the rescue - I wounded him.

So I killed three. Then I allowed the last survivor to call reinforcement. Then I repeated my tactics.
I tormented the last survivor: i run overhead him through the trees and spammed the sounds “Help me”.

I hope I managed to create a thriller atmosphere for guys.

Here is the gameplay. I would like it to be more often playing for the Predator, and not the idiotic jumps by Berserker 1x4 with a spear.

And also playing for TF - I would like the Predators to play with us like a cat with mice. He studied us and used our weaknesses against us (for example, someone likes to smear mud very often - shoot him from a bow when he do it).

Someone likes to collect money - set a trap for him there. I would like more thoughtful and elegant gameplay from the Predator, and not stupid jumping Berserk with a 1x4 spear.

ps. in fact, only 1 out of 100 managed to play such a match. In the rest of the matches, they always see me (because invisibility and noise work stupidly in this game) and damage me 90% hp (scout) for 5 sec.

Of course, if I were playing like a dumb-headed Berserk with a spear, then I would win more often

As a FT player I tend to find myself looking more for the predator than concentrating on the objectives. I spot the predator jumping into our objective area and engage sending the predators into a panic and i follow their cloaked forms from tree to tree. Maybe they need more stealth options or abilities?
As a player knowing the predator is out there takes away the need for objective based missions for the fireteam who isn’t technically supposed to know they are even there.

All they would need to do is make ammo harder to come by. As a FT sniper i have like 100 shots in my main weapon and almost 100 shots in my secondary shotgun. Normally I end a match with between 10-25 AI kills. Meaning most if not all of my other shots are trying to hinder Predator from attacking the team / trying to kill the Predator.

I think what is going on here, is Predator players (not all) want to get the finish on the FT. The FT wants to get the mission done and or kill the Predator. There is no direct incentive for a Predator to “Create an ominous atmosphere” for the FT. Predator players as they get better will create that by using the game mechanics. Sometimes it’s just waiting for the players that are filling the “unknown” role to figure out how they can play the game to their style. This game is meant to be thrilling, if we give it some time i think it will become just that.

I agree with all of that BUT the game doesn’t encourage you to do that. One of my experiences was that I was watching the fireteam setting them traps and hitting them occasionally from distance looking and waiting for the right time to attack and then… they called the chopper. I looked at the time and it had being passed… 4 MINUTES from the start of the game. WTF!!
Don’t get me wrong I love to be stealthy and I will continue to do that even if that means that I won’t get many trophies

2 Likes

You couldn’t do that if the AI was an actual threat. If turning around and looking for the predator all the time meant that you could lose quite an amount of your health from the AI you would have thought twise to do that and you would focuse on the mission

Whatever makes them win easier is what it sounds like TBH. It’s silly to me.

I’m a Predator player I’ play a lot of video games it needs to be like Ghost Recon wildlands the Predator event it was very hard but rewarding at the end they need to make the fire teamwork and have high-end Rewards if they can successfully kill the predator

as a pred I want to kill the entire FT in seconds but I want them to do fuck all damage to me

Thats the impression I get from pred players 🤣🤣🤣

Agreed with some in here. The reason preds are not more stealthy and stalky is because of 2 reasons.

1. From the moment I enter a match I am against the clock. I have an idea where to go as missions usually spawn in specific areas. But I should not have to memorize game mechanics which I feel is more of an exploit to give myself breathing room.

2. Preds is too noisy. I have had moments where I can approach or leap into an unsuspecting enemy. Now does that mean make the beast ninja ststus? No… but he should have windows built into his kit that allows this.

If they fixed this you would see preds less aggressive and more patient. I prefer being patient as preds but right now its just not feasible.

1 Like

Exactly! Absolutely agree! Matches last too fast. TFs run too fast and do everything too fast. The predator does not have time to do everything secretly. He is forced to stupidly jump like a fool with a stick.

Yeah but the stealth options and abilities could possibly be made passive ones? I don’t know how but it could be an option for the game?
And yeah the predator is one noisy mutha fooka
But when I tend to hear the pred I don’t exactly know where to look, I just get that, “ im about to die feeling”

I agree, the Predator is just not stealthy enough. In the 87 predator movie, it ran through the treetops without making so much as a mouse fart, and Dutch’s team had to look for several seconds to minutes to get a fix and see the cloaking effect. In this game, the predator sounds like the T-Rex stomping around Jurassic Park, and the cloak is almost useless. When the extremely terrible AI respond more to you in cloak than the fire team, we have a problem…

2 Likes

But that T-Rex stomping is terrifying when its right behind you lmao

Facts!

The devs could easily fix this by completely removing any predator animation from the fire teams visual field while in cloak. The only time they should be able to see it is when it’s eyes would give an intermittent flash while using the infrared vision, like 1 flash at the eyes every 5-7 seconds. Right now, it seems like when the predator is using infrared, his eyes are always lit up and it’s easy to see him. The stomping sound should be removed for normal running and crouch walking, and halved while sprinting. Also make infrared cost no energy, the Predator sees naturally in that light wavelength.
Also unnerf the Plasma Caster, it blew a hole in Blaine’s chest for Christ’s sake. Leave the combistick where it is, it was way too OP before 1.06.

1 Like

I think everyone kinda agrees what experience they want. I think the issues is what needs to happen to get there. Most people can’t seem to agree on what needs to happen to get the end result. I’m not a Pred player or a fireteam player. I just play the game. I personally have found the Predator to be extremely effective even before the 1.06 patch. But I’ve been continually salted on by Pred players on the forums who can’t seem to get a kill. Sorry you can’t make it work, but I’m not lying to you and I think he’s pretty good.

The Predator should be “OP” enough to take the fight to the fireteam and bully them and he should be genuinely threatening. But he shouldn’t just be able to absolutely destroy them. The problem arises when the fireteam loses a player. Does that mean it’s game over? Should it? DO WE REALLY WANT THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME TO BE DETERMINED BY 1 KILL? If the Pred is too strong and the fireteam too weak then games are just gonna be over before they begin.

I think one of the main factors in balancing right now comes down to, how do we make the Predator feel strong enough, while also giving the fireteam a chance to turn it around if they lose a player or two.

A lot of people comparing this to Friday the 13th, but this isn’t Friday the 13th. I mean, you can disagree with the design philosophy but it seems pretty clear the devs didn’t set out to make another asymmetrical game where was team was constantly running away. The game is mean to be balanced enough that each team has a fighting chance.

Should the Predator be strong. Absolutely. Should the fireteam be constantly on edge? Yes, yes, and yes. Are there further tweaks to be made? Sure. But if people just suck at the Predator and he keeps getting buffed in order to satisfy the lowest common denominator then eventually he’s gonna be unstoppable and have to be nerfed again or they’re gonna have to completely redesign the game from the ground up (not gonna happen).

I don’t want the fireteam to quit because they lost a player. I think things needs to change but I don’t think the point of this game is to be Dead by Daylight.

Agree