What if???

How is Dante broken?

He has FM like support but a shittier version of his AOE defense.

There had to of been a balance change I’m not aware of right?

He can have an effective health of above 600 due to perks, damage reductions and syrettes you’ll have to ask @JelouGaming on those exact numbers, and he is also faster than a Scout Duelist if you put in Fanatic and Double time perk. He takes reduced damage from Plasma and I believe reduced damage while sprinting too. He also has good gear and perk points. Overall if you play against a bunch of good players using even just one of him, I guarantee he will be the one that pisses you off the most.

You right.

1 Like

I’m not talking about Bravo because he mainly plays Support FM/Leader/Overseer or Recon Field Medic,
I’m talking about the one Japanese guy who shall remain nameless

1 Like

Fucking hell 600?

Though I will say the speed is pretty much null since I could just equip scout with double time. Sure I don’t get fanatic but Field Medic is better anyways assuming that’s unerfed.

Dante is exploitable just like any other class, but you know how people are always bringing up some exploits that they use themselves by the way in order to make you seem like a scum for using a certain ft class lol…bro, Dante Unleashed is the most fun class to use in this game. I run around trying to land underbarrel grenades on the pred that almost always gets me killed because they’re not hit scan and you need to land them just perfectly for the to do damage, how is that broken?

Never once have I used an exploit even after my friends show me how to, so play how you want and don’t listen to what anyone says or thinks.

2 Likes

He is like a fast support or tankier scout. He has no weakness. Speed, hp, perk and gear points. Got all + Field Medic. Even without it many just use Fanatic that gives a 10% boost on both speed and dmg and is bugged on top of that.

Then he got 20% dmg resistance while running, put gearhead so you can have 3 syrettes then you can add thick skin or double time to increase his strenghts of tankness and speed and you got the most op class to fight predator 1v1. You don’t need much dmg boost as ft, base dmg is already too high, and if you have a player running leader you will already have 10% dmg boost.

All players I seen get harder to kill while using Dante, Thunderwolf, Gesp, Dan38000, Max etc its no coincidence, the class is just overpowered. If one is using Dante you are increasing the fireteam’s chances of winning even if you don’t do much. I would say same for Support cus of the dmg resistance, just by being on ft you are already giving them an advantage, you dont even need to be good and shoot the pred. Even if I have 3 potatos on my ft, if they are running support I know my chances of winning are higher, they just need to stay close to me and most Predators probably wont bring me down.

1 Like

Unfortunate myth that just won’t go away. 😒

2 Likes

Okay.

Dante needs a nerf. Too survivable i suppose.
My suggestion.

• Remove less damage taken while sprinting
  • Add Increased damage while hip firing

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

@Kassinaillia I know this isn’t a feedback thread, but… throw the idea of nerfing Dante around the office. 😁

Reduce damage while sprinting, but give him faster reload speed.

The problem is that + the fireteam base dmg, it wouldn’t be that much of a problem if the ft dmg wasnt so high. The amount of time it takes for a Predator to down a Dante while considering dmg resistance stacking + usage of syrettes is X. The amount of time for the fireteam to 2nd wind a pred is way less than X.

There is not much time during the engagement for the Predator to have a chance. Only options are multiple fast hits with disk, charged direct plasma shots, get the Dante trapped then consecutive headshots with bow cus bodyshots takes too many. But most time is too easy for the Dante to survive the fight and the rest of the ft to push the Predator back, specially with field medic.

2 Likes

I’ve also found that while Dante is very much P2W, that overall effectiveness comes with player skill. You have to know what to do, to use him efficiently, otherwise he becomes almost as easy as the rest. Sam recently posted a video of a very potato Dante, and I’ve encountered several myself that were just insanely easy to take out (my video from yesterday had three, two FMs and one Unleashed; all less than 1k damage, I never had to heal). Its when he’s played by people that understand his buffs and mechanics and uses them perfectly that he becomes a frustrating threat.

Also, you ever notice, when you first start a match and head to the FT, and there’s a Dante there, and you take him out first, 9/10 times they quit out? Its kinda funny. Like, yep, you spent $5 cuz you thought you were getting the unbeatable OP class. Now you’re dead. lul.

2 Likes

How about not changing up the stats, but instead make obj interactions 33-50% longer? I dont know what the exact number would be, but i think all that pred needs is 2-4 extra assaults on FT and he’ll start winning more matches. This would be the simplest tweak in my opinion and can easily be scaled back and forward if needed. All that pred really needs is more time.

Yeah if you have fucking gesp or thunder using Dante, its just frustrating to play against. You are forced to only use disk and plasma 90% of the match.

2 Likes

I like how you take the very worst case scenario and try to base the classes worth based on that rather than the actual capability he has when ran with the intention of being strong. This is not representative of his power.

Yes obviously but the question is how was he special among other exploitable classes.

You also don’t bring up any good reason why this class isn’t more exploitable than other classes.

I can’t defend him but I can point out the lack of any argument.

But I never have. I understand that you wouldn’t know this but your preaching to the choir. I just asked how Dante was broken.

Problem. This utilizes the passive abilities which those, alongside the specializations, are the only thing we have at the moment to make classes unique.

We should be saving those slots to push for diversity in class design.

1 Like

Because of his stats and passive perk, thats all. Nothing special. The only reason I’ve found to use Dante is for fun with grenades thats all.

1 Like

I’d be down, but the only problem is, I know this is gonna be hated on for be repetitive you could get 4 Dante’s unleashed or 4 Dutch overseers, the way I think it needs to be done is prevent more than 2 of the same class with the same specialization

1 Like

The alpha has arrived, has your suspension been lifted

If all specs were reduced to perks, that any and all players could use, while having certain classes only access certain weapons , imo would assist in the balance. Could even further that with what Chuck mentioned above by having only so many classes have certain perks?

This and having certain classes locked to only having 1 or 2 (being generous with 2) on one team at a time. (If someone picked your role, it forces you to round off the team with a different class)

I do enjoy the continued passion to try to get illfonic to do something.

Just wish and hope that any and all of this information produced on this forum gets used for some good.

Even if it’s not done by illfonic

1 Like