What if???

Nope, not until Monday 11:37 PM EST

1 Like

Could the FT only be allowed to run one of each?

Dante has the potential of having 59% damage intake
Which means
160+25+150+150 = 822 effective HP against the predator

Though I may be wrong, not sure if syrettes are 150HP or 125. But yeah, broken very much. Even potatoes are hard to kill using that class because of all the damage they can tank.

1 Like

That might be something. Evil Dead has a similar mechanic, where you canā€™t have two of the same character.

1 Like

that would imply having to rework the whole ā€œloadoutā€ thing, and make people make their loadouts in the lobby, which will extend match time.

though it would also fix the loadout exploits. meh, illfonic are too lazy to implement such a change

Why?

Short term this does nothing, game is still unbalanced.

Long term it not only takes out a way to make each class unique, but it also takes out a tool to give each class several playstyles.

Assault for instance in a hypothetical game state, could have a build around staying at low health, a build focused around explosives, and a build focused on weapon handling for constant overwatch.

All of them being enforced by specialization.

I will admit you donā€™t need specializations to do this design, but this design becomes easier to enforce with this system.

Have to disagree. If each class was one note sure, but in my hypothetical game state, which Iā€™m going to advocate for, thatā€™s not the case. I understand thatā€™s not how it is now, but the bigger picture is more important since a game needs to be designed with all of itā€™s system designed to fit together, not a series of random good ideas.

Especially since whatever you suggest PHG will still suck ass so the only real point in providing critism is the fun of it all.

I would agree with that, as long as the rest of the specs became perks.

1 Like

What if you get 1 slot for each fireteam character and if you buy a dlc youā€™ll get the load out then you can edit it like you can now.

I could see not starting the round until each player has a different character. It would suck in the current meta though, because sometimes you just want a particular role and being forced by a potato to change would be really frustrating. If I want to play Support Field Medic, I donā€™t want a Support comms with xp perk and smokes, flash bangs, and ammo to take a role I can be proficient in.

3 Likes

I mean, if you pick it before them, they gotta choose something different now.

Goes both ways and it can push people to not expect to use exactly what they want and adapt to the situation.

If not the role, certain things should be unique (or locked) to every player, class or perks, other than minimal changes that donā€™t truly impact gameplay.

I guess they could do it apex legends style where each person gets to pick in a random order.

Ya but if a potato gets a a class not of their choosing, theyā€™re still bad. If a good player loses a class to a potato your losing team potential.

Thatā€™s not a good thing. Just because only one of you gets fucked at a time isnā€™t an argument for this. One of you is still getting fucked.

The argument for limiting classes is better diversity and easier balancing. Not getting fucked half the time.

How is this a good thing?

If I want to play a class I want to play a class. This just forces me to play a version of the game I donā€™t want to.

Again not a reason why limiting classes is a good thing.

How the fuck would that work?

1 Like

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a What If question for you!

1 Like

I want to see it.

Forā€¦reasons.

1 Like

You and my whole discord

The only Specs that should remain in the game in this scenario are

FIRETEAM

• Overseer (For Defence & Mission)
  • Reckless (For Damage)
  • Spotter (For Supporting the Team)
  • Amphibious (For Stealth)

PREDATOR

• Tracker (For finding FT/Preventing Mission pushing)
  • Fervent (For Damage)
  • Vicious (For securing Downs/Adding pressure)
  • Disciplined (For Stealth)
4 Likes

What if ā€¦ā€¦ they freed Rey

1 Like

Is amphibious glitch still a thing?

Which Glitch? Thereā€™s so many to keep track of.