What is the Best and Worst Pink Floyd Song/Album?

Just shut up with your dogshit opinions. You can word your opinions without acting like they are fact. Just say it’s the only song you like. It’s annoying and unlikable.

source (1)

Sure, I COULD word things differently, but that would be disingenuous of me. I believe you should say say what you mean, not sugar coat things. Otherwise, your thoughts/words may be misconstrued. Like, if I had typed what you suggested, it would likely have come off as “I only like…” suggesting I’m indifferent to the rest of the catalog. But the truth is, I hold the rest of the catalog in great disdain. And I conveyed that quite clearly. You not liking that and taking such umbrage at it is on you. I happen to think a great deal of music from that era is just bad. I often wonder how bands and solo acts got signed and made so much $ when their product was so unappealing (but then, there’s billions of other people in the world and I’m just one.). My bet is that most everyone in the industry was (and is) high as a kite, popping pills, skiing the old Alps, etc. And when you’re that phuct up, everything sounds good.

Yeah but your opinion isn’t fact and no one cares or asked what you think of that era of music or your opinion on them as a whole.

Like say you like the song and why. No one asked about what or why you think the band or genre is bad. Asked what’s the best/worst song or album. You’re such a gamma its insane

Just because you’re on drugs doesn’t inherently make the music invalid or bad haha such a stupid way to think. Trust me I know from experience drugs doesn’t make everything sound good. You just sound ignorant

My lad, the post itself asks for our opinions. The author cared enough to ask, therefore at least 1 person does care. So that is what I posted. Never once did I say anything about my opinion being a universally accepted fact. You brought that yourself. The title also says nothing about why we think what we think. So I gave the shortest, most direct answer to the author, which, according to Ockham’s Razor, is the best policy. The Era of music being generally, not universally poor is an added response. A bonus if you will. I’m unfamiliar what being a “gamma” is. That’s the first I’ve heard of the term used outside of militaria or the Hulk. And believe me, I know a thing or two about “substances”. Or don’t. It matters not. But, speaking from personal experience as a yoot ( see Fred Gwynne in My Cousin Vinnie), being high made music better. That’s why I liked almost everything as a yoot, and now, as an old fart, who is clean asks, “what was I thinking?!? This sucks!” Lots of music I liked when I wasn’t sober went either into the trash or got sold to music resale shops without regret. The ones I still believe are brilliant remain in the collection. I only sound ignorant to you, who doesn’t have as much life experience. Which is fine, because it is the way of all yoots. When we’re young, we think the old know nothing of the world, forgetting that they lived in it all their lives, experiencing the same things we did, only worse and slower. I was just as guilty of such short sightedness, so I hold no disdain for you, young sir. It makes me chuckle. My young nephew is the same. He thinks I’m a moron and doesn’t consider for an instant that I did the same shit he does now. Hee even loves the same bands I did when i was his age and stoned, and acts like they’re new, like I didn’t grow up with all this stuff. He even yelled at me for “being a sell out” and “not raging against the machine” hard enough.

To sum up, opinions are not fact. Opinions are fine. You can like them or not, but take care not to get personally butthurt by an opinion of a band made up of crusty British mummies, or any other band for that matter. It’s really not that important to life in general.

I actually did ask why you think that way. I further explained the topic in the description.

Must’ve missed that one. I can detail it later if you like, or if the explanation of how I think of most music of that Era is enough, I won’t.

Purple flied