What I've tried about Predator armor. What I thought about it.

Warning: It’s not the right way. Nor is it the right number. This is just the result of my testing.

Predator armor seems to occur mainly under the following conditions

1. Multiple FTs firing within roughly 10 to 20 meters of the Predator. (You don’t have to hit it).
  2. The Predator is damaged by multiple sources of damage within a certain interval.
  3. Damage from FTs who are at least 3m lower than the Predator.
  4. during some actions such as big jumps, tree climbing, moving from tree to tree, etc.
    Damage shifts while cloaking. Sometimes damage is shifted while cloaking.

Damage compensation for Predator
1.The back of the body takes more damage than the front.
2.Head, mask, torso, legs, and arms take more damage in that order.

This is not the correct way. Please note that this is a consideration after several attempts.

5 Likes

If any of this is true it’s so fucking dumb. Just address the real problem: stupid FT damage output and abilities and disgustingly low predator damage output. That’s it.

5 Likes

Hasn’t pred always taken huge damage to the back of the head? Snipers especially.

Weird mechanic

1 Like

This is interesting

I get that it’s supposed to be like FT ambushing the preds weakspots but he’s already squishy as is & his DPS outside of AOE hits on teams is garbage because pred is all single target damage in a 4v1.

Why not just make armor actually function like armor? The armored bits don’t take much damage, the exposed areas (back, and sides) kill him with sustained fire. Just seems like they half-assed locational damage.

I would love for an armor health bar. It would degraded over constant fighting and some of it would pop off like the biomask. Then the perk protection would have more functionality, because it would he applied to the armor as well

1 Like

Yes we do need more multi targeting weapons
I hope the shuriken can Target people like in Concrete Jungle and return afterwards

I could easily see that making the bigger hitbox classes like zerk viable. He’d atleast be more qualified to take some melee risks before his armor goes down. It functions better than health because armor doesnt regenerate.

Shakes up pred playstyles just a bit. I’m tired of caster, run, caster, run because its the most viable way to play now that each individual FT does so much damage.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s hard to mix up melee and range when

• Melee is almost suicide
  • We have more melee weapons then ranged ones
  • Most ranged weapons get nerffed or bugged
3 Likes

To be precise, the back of the head is the correct damage.
If you hit the mask, the damage is reduced.
Back of head > face without mask > mask and the head damage will pass.

1 Like

Wish I this topic got more traffic