Why are we giving them MORE ideas?

There is a difference between not giving people what they wanted (and they don’t have to) , and not giving them much of anything . One map , one mode and paid skins in a year . Yeah what a bunch of ungrateful babies , they should be happy with one new map and the shittest mode they could have added . Call of duty done the predator better than clash did

2 Likes

The answer is in the rest of my post that you left out of quotes…

I read it but why would I quote it? Its illfonic , people who don’t understand complain . The fact anyone has to point to the name of the developer to explain a games issues just proves if they aren’t up to a job they really shouldn’t have it . People overpaid for a beta and they are entitled to be questioning its state if 12 months down the road it still doesn’t work and has barely moved forward , we all paid so we are all entitled to our opinions. Not just a select few and its mostly opinions on here , the state of the game and progress isn’t opinion, its staring everyone right in the face

1 Like

2 v 6 wouldnt need a whole change in terms of balance.
Clash can hold 8 ppl right?
Codes already in there for 8 ppl, which is what 2by would be.

1 Like

The rest of your comment doesn’t meet the test. It’s been a year and aside from “cosplay preds” and “celebrity cameos” the content has been stale at best. Mostly focusing on fixing the imbalance that, really, is coming full circle.

Look I defend the devs and criticize at the same time, we all took covid into account too…the bottom line is this game needs a big win right now with the old crowd and that’s this particular audience.

We’re not saying it’s gonna be easy, in fact we’ve all been saying for a while now what you did say, just give us something new and let us work out the fine tuning in balance.

1 Like

That’s the point. They got your money already. You got the game. That’s the end of anyone’s entitlement right there. Illfonic owes nothing beyond what you paid for which is what you got.
To be far everyone should known what they were getting from their titles released before this honestly.

Let’s say illfonic releases more content being asked for. It will just lead to more complaints that it ain’t working. Everyone wants more content on a broken game still. Content don’t fix what should be fixed first, so that when content is released it ain’t making more problems.
That’s illfonics mistakes is they don’t fix or polish what is already there, they just ignore it, add a few shaders and a class here and there and you all still buy it up so they just keep doing it lol

It’s not the map that needs changing. It’s weapons/perks that will need balancing.
Clash still only puts 4 fire team, vs 4 fire team and a pred each. That’s honestly easy to do as there still can only be 4 items per team. Hints why they did it

Killing floor 2? Risk of Rain? Don’t Starve? Lethal league? Any of these smaller games on steam where you’re still just playing through the same old gameplay loop.

Basically anything thats not a triple A live service where you just get maps, weapons, and cosmetics once or twice a year.
Adding to that, this new generation of gamers believe theyre entitled to progression systems. The days of just loading up counter strike to have a few matches are gone. Now you some sort of meta progression because people don’t want to play games that aren’t “working towards something” watching a number go up.

Difference with PH:G from stuff above is the poor AI dependent gameplay loop sucks and isnt engaging 100 hours later so everyone wants to do away with it or have a different, more fleshed out mode to escape it which is easier said than done, we have no access to internal testing but they’re aware they have a gameplay loop that needs fixing just looking at the drop in players. Paid Cosmetics are filler & on an internal deadline and Clash isnt there as a replacement mode so im not sure why people are offended at its existence, its either just there to say its there like bigheadmode or its to introduce and balance FT PVP for future reference, leaning towards the latter considering how often devs play Clash

1 Like

The weapons and perks dont need changing.

Selling an online only game isn’t as simple as taking someone’s money and throwing whatever you like at them , if that was the case they would have been sued for false advertising for claiming crossplay with friends would be available at launch . I have no idea why anyone thinks an online only game is you buy it as you see it . Its a service and a terribly run one

2 Likes

Of course not, we got the exact game they showed us though.
Not a 2v6, 3v10 etc

With online-only you either build and maintain a player base in the first few days and dripfeed them content, or you never do and occassionally your gameplay at its core is bad and crashes and burns like Evolve regardless of how much you advertise. This luckily is a famous IP so it stands on its own regardless of how long big patches take so im not particularly worried about it.

Even the AAA devs are struggling in the most casual of casual of genres with online-only. Titanfall 2 and recently Destiny 2 deleting more content than they’re recycling.

I agree it could be more but thats on the devs and their vision for this game is an unkown.

The fact you think they wouldn’t shows you have zero understanding of how it would effect and are well 90% of the people that think just adding something does not effect others.
Let me make it easier for you. You think plasma caster is strong now? Well now you are getting hit twice with splash damage.
Medic perk now on 6 players, 6 players fire team stacking resistance perks.
If you though 4 was rough add 2 more right? Why not it won’t effect anything.
Almost killed by a spear well now your instant dead cause there are 2 hitting you.
Numbers will have to be balanced with the added predator and 2 fire teams members.
Just adding does not work at all.
I know this because I test games (Mainly movement testing now though.) everything you add effects something

I prefer the word scam. Most of these online only games are utter flops that get abandoned shortly after launch, lack content, have a ton of bugs and are poorly designed. Call me old fashioned but I like buying a game that’s complete day one. And if it gets content after well than that’s just a cherry on top.

2 Likes

You aren’t buying a service though. You are buying the game with the right to play it. They don’t have to give you content out side out launch. Games have failed and people have tried to sue over no extra dlc and have failed in doing so.
They sold you a game that you could be fireteam and hunt the predator, or be the predator and hunt the fire team in a online setting. That is what you paid for, and well it does it just that.
Any thing extra is dlc which you usually pay for.

No shit theres twice pred damage but also twice the ft damage.

The caster is in a good spot but it’s not OP.
the medic one might be a problem, but with more than one pred should be fine.

So the fact that you’re trying to tell me all this shit just shows me you really have no fucking idea what you’re talking about.

You sound like a whiny ft main who’s afraid of having to deal with the bullshit pred has to go through on hunt.

Because by your fucking logic your stating the exact problem I’ve been stating for years.
Once you multiple the damage, in a 1v4, where a team faction player can shred the solo faction, it becomes broken and unbalanced.

So then, I ask you this.
Why the fuck is it a problem if pred finally gets back up and can do high damage, but it’s not a problem In hunt, where pred has to worry about multiple shooting him?

You just have an ft bias.
And for all this shit you claim you know, you really dont seem to know shit.

I miss the old days.

1 Like

2v8 btw.
Not 2v6.
Idk why the fuck I said 2v6.

Which it really shouldnt be that Hard to put in.

Ok , we aren’t buying a service , we are buying a game with the right to play it? Like a paid membership? 😄 it’s ONLINE ONLY , meaning its connecting to something we need to access it . Its literally a service? Services need to be maintained because shit happens , which they are doing a poor job of and as for content? Besides clash and the map there has been a handful of cosmetics added , “content” barely

1 Like

Even 2v8, same rules apply…
I meant it’s a great idea and something they should do for sure cause it doable and honestly adds a whole new part to the game.
I fully support them releasing it and fixing it as they go.
Would be amazing to team up with a predator to engage a fireteam, opens up a whole new world.
I however don’t have the confidence that illfonic can pull it off with out it being broken to the point of being not fun.

We didn’t buy a game we can just play , we need access to them , thats part of our purchase . Online only = a service we paid to use 🙄 . You just said it yourself , we paid for the game that requires servers , its nothing more than a shell without it . Its paid access . Its not something we can just play offline . If it was offline also you would have a point but it isn’t. Its a glorified beta and as long as its online only someone has a duty to make sure it works , forget about adding something in it needs to work