Why does predator 2 get so much hate?

Along with the jungle hunter I think city hunter is a bad ass yautja, plus the movie expanded so much of the universe and I always think when I watch it now, I think City hunter was hunting the Jamaican voodoo posse, the lost tribe at the end? They were likely hunting a gang each? They weren’t there to watch. So L.A had a clan hunting all at once. The cast isn’t great compared to the original but let’s face it, besides arnie who else could have really stepped in? Glover, Paxton and busey? It was fun

5 Likes

I don’t hate it. In fact I love it as much if not maybe a little more than the first but fir different reasons.

4 Likes

Predator 2 is my favorite movie dawg. Now I won’t say it’s the best movie but it’s my favorite movie. It gets hate because it’s stylistically way different from the first and no Arnold. That’s all. I feel people went into it with different expectations

4 Likes

It was a worthy sequel to me, when I would decide which one to watch I would mostly watch pred 2. The original has a great cast, setting and story. But 2 had its own moments, badass weapons, ruthless tactics of city hunter just dropping in on heavily armed gangs and wiping the floor with them, hell even keyes’ men were trained and more in the know that dutch’s team and they got slaughtered. Some of it has great effects and good shots

3 Likes

What I love about it was it wasn’t out to recreate the magic of the first film. They understood it was a sequel and not a remake. So they went there own route and the film feels soooo contrast to the original which I love. But also still feels like a predator film not a silly spin off (the predator 2018)

2 Likes

Exactly. Even predators grew on me for what it was. The original was lightning In a bottle, the mystery was gone after that and the approach made sense to be different. Maybe some casting was out of place in 2010s movie but at least it was a different premise, soldiers from different cultures and factions dropped into a game preserve to hone their yautja weaponry and tactics? To bring arnie back wouldn’t have been so simple and get a decent story? Their culture is honour so why would they try get revenge, which is what they were going for with the original idea of a sequel after 87

3 Likes

I actually enjoy predators as well. I kinda wish it would have just been Predator 3. Keep the premise, but just make it mr black and all the same people they brought to the preserve. With there being 3 predators, and them being killed off like they were, they almost seemed watered down, and mr black would have been wayyyy more iconic had he taken them all down himself

1 Like

I didn’t enjoy it at first for some reason, if I had to rate the preds the Mr. Black would maybe be third or fourth, different tastes I guess. Fuck even Adrian brody sucked less and less the more I watched. Hands down one of the best parts was Royce using the group to observe what was actually going on 😁 but him opening fire with the full auto shotgun was badass, even when he done what the preds would never expect and track their hounds back to their camp shows he refused to go out running away,alot like Dutch once he figured out something wasn’t right, he set a trap and used himself as bait instead of running

1 Like

Yeah I actually didint hate Adrian Brody in that film hahah like I get it he’s a bit over the top at points but it’s a predator film so what

Benicio del torro was ready to sign on to play mckenna originally but he pulled out at the last minute for 2018. Michael jai white was almost royce aswell in predators. It would have been interesting

2 Likes

Now Michael Jai White as Royce would have been some badass shit. Nothing against Brody as an actor but he just didn’t fit the action hero part imo. Spawn vs The Berzerker? Take my money!

Cause its a trash cash grab with no original shit. Its basically the 1st on in the city with cops instead of soldiers

I love Pred 2 as much as first movie… if not more - it was my first Predator movie.

You are incorrect - its nothing like the first one. Dose not copy the story at all. You have no spec op team in jungle, on a rescue mission pressed by time in foreign grounds. Its a group of detectives, in their own neighbourhood solving a case. The narrative is different, all of the setup is different, Yautja creature in this movie acts bit different, being more reckless and aggressive - its a completely different movie, something modern sequels are unable to do. Predatros for instance is a remake of the firs movie, sometimes copying whole dialog. The Predator tries hard to be better than the first two movies but ends up being much worst than AVPR. You have non of this in Predator 2. Also Pred 2 adds shit ton to the lore also remaining faithful to the establish lore in the original movie. Again – something other movies cannot do. Its possibly the best Predator movie out there. You should give it a shot pal! – it really stands its ground even today.

2 Likes

It was the best movie to come out lol for preds no offense to the 87 fans

2 Likes

I think because it came out and was so different than the first movie, it seemed like it went in a total different direction. It was one of those movies that you didnt realize was another classic until like 10 years after its release. The begining of the movie with the shootout between the cops and the columbin gang was a little over the top, but predator2 was just as good if not better than part one

Me personally- i love them both the same 😎

2 Likes

Its the second best one , that 2010 predator was the best
3rd was avp

You rate avp above the 87 original?

1 Like

They were kind of limited with how they could follow up 87, pred 2 laid out the lore for them a bit more and glover is no arnie but how could they possibly beat the original cast?. I think they over look the fact that the city setting made more sense when they lay out it was a far bigger warzone than the jungle was. Society was broken down and the ruthless ruled the streets, the hunters didn’t give a fuck where it was, if bullets were flying they would be booking their stay 😊a franchise based on alien hunters from space has wiggle room considering its scifi and meant to be beyond belief. When the police need grenade launchers in their trunks it tells you more about the lawless times, plus they recently lost one of their own to Dutch so I would imagine they seen earth offered some challenge, Dutch basically rang the dinner bell

1 Like

Fuck, thats nothing! He puts it in the same bag as Predator and Predator 2 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD