Why Nerf the Net? Players are asking for buffs for the Predator not nerfs.

I noticed they nerfed the Predator’s net gun and made it easier for FT members to escape. How many more things are they gonna take from Predators? We are looking for a realistic Predator experience illfonic. This game balance / team balance thing has got to go. They are considered to be one of the best hunter species if not the top hunters in the universe. You have 1 vs 4, there has to be a clear advantage for the 1 over the 4. Make traps available, natural traps and explosives to do real damage to a Predator. This game is to much like every other shooter out there and unfortunately the Predators most of the time fall very short of even being something to fear. I fully understand that some love the way this game balances the fight but a 4 on 1 team up is not a balanced fight to begin with. The 1 has to have the clear advantage to make things interesting and harder for the 4. It is just not that way right now. Games like this last when the monster is clearly overpowered, this will end up like Evolve if you keep this current method of game play. And without a single player mode to even hold onto some of the solo players, that doesn’t look like a good future for the game. Switch to a more Friday the 13th approach and watch the Predator fans roll in.

5 Likes

Many of my friends right now won’t even consider buying this game until it is more like the real thing.

1 Like

because it was the meta for a long time… but they also Buffed it! so its the same as far as how useful it is

2 Likes

Have you seen how fast they get out now. The net gun is worthless now.

Ooh slows them down for a whole 2.2 seconds before they break out of it now.

I would say it’s quite a tough situation to handle, every weapon should have it trade offs, the netgun I would say it had a good balancing, it shouldn’t be a weapon per say, only a tool to help you engage or stalk the FT. I belive they should change the way to remove the net, instead of tapping, it should a fixed button timer like the trap, and the time should be different when doing by yourself or when done by other.

I agree, Im indifferent on the other changes but it was already pretty damn easy to break out of. What they should have done is nerf the fire rate so you cant just netgun an entire FT over and over till they are all dead.

3 Likes

How fast do they break out of it and how much are they slowed? Depending on how much slowdown it gives, a faster break out speed might have been necessary.

You should be slowed down when wrapped in a net anyways and it is alien tech, it should be something that someone else has to help you break out of to get out even at all. They make the Predator and it’s tech a joke in this game.

Or just make it impossible to re-net someone that’s already netted until he breaks out. But the time nerf is definitely bullshit. The slow effect is meaningless in this case

1 Like

Dutch only got out of the net he was trapped in because the Female Predator felt as if he was not worth her time. And also remember he carries a Predator blade for a knife so it explains his ability to get free. A regular knife made with earth metal would break.

1 Like

They should retract and tighten up and cause serious damage until the FT member escapes as well like in the movies…

Well, you shouldn’t look like this way, but “How could it be translated into a video game while being fair”, like yeah a Predator arsenal could one-shot humans, the nets can cut as it gets tighter and is very hard to cut(unless it’s Pred tech or alien blood), the plasma shot one hit, the melee weapons wilded by them can send humans flying…BUT a mini gun could cut a Yautja in half, a 50cal rifle could rip their limbs off, a granade launcher could hurt them quite alot and afew shotgun shots can knock them out for a bit.
You see, too realistic and it would be not as fun.

1 Like

This isn’t Ghost Recon

Then it is not a true Predator experience then and FT is not fighting real Predators, they are fighting a watered down version that makes true fans of these creatures sick to our stomachs.

FT every time the FT wins it is a really hallow victory then because Predators are much stronger and their equipment is much better. Hallow victories for weak players who couldn’t stand up against a real Predator.

1 Like

At least in Friday they gave you something to gloat about when you beat a realistic Jason.

1 Like

People who enjoy playing as the FT should be screaming for tougher Predators. Where is the challenge in beating these weak ass wanna be Predators that this game gave us. As a human fighting the universe’s best hunter I want a real challenge not some pushover that has to constantly run away to go heal up because I have a super knife that can take down their health in 2.2 seconds.

1 Like

I used to love the feeling of running and jumping threw windows just to have Jason phase to try to catch me outside or inside just so I could run and jump threw another window or around a couch or table to get away and build back up my stamina just to do it all over again. While in the meantime knowing if he got his hands on me, I was dead if I didn’t have any pocket knifes to break free or a weapon to try to slow him down. There was a real effort and sense of excitement to it. This lacks that altogether.

1 Like