Why Square enix..

DLC for Yuffie and a Battle royal both for the FF7 universe.

I’d be fine if you communicated about FF7R better but you didn’t.

Guess your in the same bin as every other company now.

The DLC for Yuffie sounds cool.

I’ve never played FF7 before but putting a DLC expansion, regardless of how big it may be, on a different console is a dick move.

Is it bad that I’ve never played Final Fantasy?

1 Like

Yes…

Yes it is

Just play the originals and wait 20 years for FF7R part 4,5,6 or whatever and buy the inevitable FF7R collection.

Sounds like too much effort and delays, I’ll pass lol.

1 Like

Hey welcome to the life of a KH fan

oh man this is Square Enix we are talking about. They have like 20 different Kingdom Heart collections. They will do the same to FF7 and milk it for all it’s worth. At the end of the day, no one is going to be able to know wtf is going on with the story. But hey, that’s part of the ride.

I got the ff7 remake on PS4 Pro and it is okay. Graphics are great, music is good. NPC and side quests are boring. The combat should just have been the old ATB system. But all in all I will be buying the Super Deluxe Edition for PC that will also inevitably come out in the future. The visuals and atmosphere are really impressive.

1 Like

TBF they’re really good deals and it was sort of nessacary for newer fans.

While I agree it’s a good choice the new combat system has a lot of potential as well. They just have a lot of problems they need to fix.

Moves not garunteed to land. It’d be one thing if it was a dodge stat/chance to miss but it’s not.

Unavoidable attacks. It’s an action game what makes them great is every tick of damage is your fault. Except in this one.

Teamates being pointless. They’re A.I is good but the fact that you have to control them to get a decent ATB charge makes them worthless for decent charge outside of setting Barret up to tank damage and some regens and even then that’s likely all they’ll do the entire match since you’ll need to reapply regen. No point in swapping to another character all that much since it’s more efficient to stick to one character and spam ATB bars when possible.

Tanky enemies. And I’m not talking bosses they’re enjoyable to hit to death I’m talking generic enemies. God the 1V1 simulation runs were aweful because it was literally nothing but an endurance test.

Not to mention flying enemies suck to fight since most ATB attacks don’t work.

These all aren’t inherent problems to the system they can be fix.

They just need to fix it.

Yeah. You summed it up pretty well. And the combat is just not fun.

Have you ever played the Ys series? Now that is some fine action rpg combat. But Falcom is a small company and Ys just doesn’t have the production value of Square games. I just got Ys9 Collectors edition for ps4 but wont open it. Im waiting for the PC edition to come out this summer.

1 Like

At times ya but chapter one is amazing it shows exactly what the game is capable of.

All the enemies die fast, you barely have a partner so that issue isn’t obvious. I’d say it’s to each battle whether or not the system works.

It’s not surprising at all given how FF15 was handled. There’s so much additional content and random dlc you can’t even keep up with it.

Still, this is a classic we’re talking about and they haven’t been handling it well at all if you played through the remake… now this bs.

1 Like