Would you like a City Map, or the Hunting Grounds Map from Predators?

All the people who have been broken voted for more Jungle, šŸ˜‰. J/K

2 Likes

City. Tired of this jungle bullshit.

1 Like

I want a waterfall to jump down just like the movies! Multi tiered environments.

1 Like

Same

well I donā€™t think a city map is in the cards for Predā€™s, the height advantage perk is downright useless unless thereā€™s like 1 or 2 trees you could climb on in the park lol.

I could handle the Game Preserve as a map even though I hate super predators with a passion

1 Like

Why

City map over a jungle map any day of the year!
And if yā€™all are going for a ā€œpredatorsā€ map. It should be battle royal.

1 Like

There are far too many base mechanics to make a city map. Predkour ā€œbranchesā€ overabundance of foliage, Mud, etc. Not to mention how much rooms are death to Predators and there are so few at the moment, a map of them is ridiculous.

Then there is the gameā€™s lore. What abandoned city are you sending in an elite special forces squad to? And I guess more importantly, what abandoned city has a predator made their hunting ground?

Finally, the core of this game is about recapturing the feeling of the first movie, a special forces squad sent in on a mission and then they run into a predator. This isnā€™t 2 or S or The or Aliens versus or Requiem.

Oh, and Fortnite is still online if you want a battle royale mode. This isnā€™t fortnite, not every game needs or works with a battle royale mode.

2 Likes

Note to mention as a predator, there is no hiding in the city whatsoever. Assuming there are people, that game is doomedā€“too many npcs. Assuming its an abandoned city, then youā€™re left with a playing field similar in tone to the Terminator series of games. Otherwise, there are no branches,foliage or ambient noise to make FT side of things difficult.

Citymap is a pipedream that doesnā€™t workā€“its too generic and not contextual. Youā€™d have to script the entire thing like a Resident Evil game. How or where Cityhunter got by in P2 was completely ludicrous when you think about itā€“or a complete acid trip. Some good posts and responses here.

2 Likes

Look at all these expert developers. Predkour can work in the city just as good as the jungle. And yes battle royal. Last man standing just like in the pred movies and have 3 preds running around.

1 Like

Wish I could like that reply several times

1 Like

I say city to keep stuff fresh. Get some of the late King Willieā€™s and Ramone Vegaā€™s gang members in there as AI as well as Owlf.

1 Like

Not necesarrily.

The idea of predkour could work with street lights, and ledges on buildings perhaps. However, its not as simple as copy/paste. Its gonna require a multitude of new things such as animations, models that predkour can be tethered to, and worst of all, the map would have to support it very well. Yes construction sites and other things might be better, as youve said before. But im not sure how they are gonna make a construction site big enough to be an entire map, or even create objectves in it.

Second thing. These devs have barely been able to keep up with the game they have, in terms of making things work and not jank. Hence why we have had bugs from absolute ages ago still. My point being while a city map is possible for a AAA studio with resources to funnel into the R&D for it. Its likely not the case here. If they do a city map its gonna take a long time and most likely be last on the list of priorities in comparison to everything else this game needs done.

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny how some people think a city map is some kind of impossible task

2 Likes

Ok technically i will be real with you allā€¦

This game is an asymmetrical game which means all the actions shouldnt be scripted at allā€¦ everything should be RNGā€¦ the only thing that needs scripting is actual code lmaoā€¦ and how everything works and where usually items spawnā€¦ for example pigs need to be RNG but they are notā€¦ they spawn only when fireteam and pred are close in proximityā€¦ but how it should be is 2 pigs spawn randomly on the map or even 3 pigs randomly on the map preferably not in groups lolā€¦ but then 3 pigs when in proximity of fireteam ā€¦

Basically what i mean with thisā€¦ reason why predator 2 for me was a bad movie was cause it didnt make sense at all xDā€¦ like one detective ends up surviving attacks from the predatorā€¦ predator has many chances to kill himā€¦ even in the train u saw the police man shoot at the predator but the bullets just jumped from predatorā€¦ but then when detective decides to show upā€¦ predator turns into a whimp lmfaoā€¦

Basically u can have scripted entire map and mode but it wouldnt be what u callā€¦ Asymmetrical game nor what illfonic is advertising their game asā€¦ they say its asymmetrical but with each patch its trying to be an equel game? which does not make sense lolā€¦ asymmetrical game is where everything is like in favor of firepower but predator has advantage of jungle and cloakā€¦ now they keep adding shit which makes him visible and then the anti cloak grenades which areā€¦ well they are what they are xDā€¦

Basically the point here isā€¦ skill has to prevail and how you use the enviorement that is equelly made for both sidesā€¦ so lets sayā€¦ there is a night mode map that allows fireteam to use flashlights and predator is able to see more betterā€¦

Reason why game reserve map and mode would be better is cause u can make it without a scriptā€¦ ofc the tree spots where u can jump need scripting but thats basically allā€¦ everything in the game reserve should and can be randomā€¦

Fireteam drops in the reserve, with limited ammo and has to find others to unite, they are also not allowed to have a mini map, but however there is then more fireteam players and then 3 predator players with each having his own special ability to hunt and work together, predators in this case dont have ability to use their scan, rather they are able to use the triangulation laser to follow any noise of gun shot, which makes sense obviouslyā€¦ the waves are as follow the pred hounds and other dangerous creatures are in reserve, predators are here to test them and adapt to them and kill themā€¦ they can also use the creatures to locate the fireteamā€¦

The end game is basically when fireteam finally finds their camp which can be anywhere from SOUTH EAST WEST NORTH basically randomly generated obviously where predators spawnā€¦ their tech and equipment is obviously cloaked and so is their shipā€¦ u have to find a way to uncloak the ship and get off the planet. Before the preds kill you or you kill them.

1 Like