Your Predator looks shit, and you should feel ashamed!

WARNING: Grumpy content.

I’m obviously in the minority here (being probably older than most of you, and having been a fan of the film when it first came out), but when I buy a game to play as the Predator, I want the game character to, you know, ‘look’ like a Predator, and not look like a He-Man action figure or reject from some cheesy Japanese kid’s TV show.

Why you’d want to replace the original rugged, battle-worn aesthetic with this fashion parade of gold, purple, and ridiculously over ornate and impractical armor is beyond me. Fearsome Hunter race? Some of these Preds would look more at home on RuPaul’s Drag Race. You’re on a hunt, not a catwalk.

It seems the Marvel/Fornite generation can’t enjoy anything unless it’s available in a multitude of ‘wacky’ outfits and garish colors. If Illfonic decided to add Unicorn biomasks with rainbow lasers and candy cane combo sticks, it seems a good proportion of the player base would lap it up.

Here endeth my rant.

24 Likes

this made me laugh 😂😂😂🦄

I agree.

I prefer to keep my preds customised within the established lore. Not base default but nothing garish.

3 Likes

Well you CAN make it look similar to that on the left if you want to?
Although you can’t have it ‘maskless’ in the menus.

1 Like

You’re old and boring lol…you can customize ur pred exactly like the left pic if u want to.

The skins and colors are to make the game fun and unique. So yeah stop complaining

8 Likes

Lololol don’t be disrespecting my legendary purple predator. I begged for that bloody thing so you’re damn right I’m gonna use it. Just for this I hope they add a rainbow shader for predator and a my little pony crossover so we get a princess twilight mask.

2 Likes

Rainbow Predlocks, like Tekashi69🤣

3 Likes

Haha best post of the day. My Predators look like actual Predators because I feel the same, though clearly not as strongly as you 😅

2 Likes

I’d pay 5 bucks for that.

2 Likes

It’s roar would be his “Stoopid!” soundbite🤣

2 Likes

I made my predator all green armor and everything just so I can blend in with the jungle

1 Like

I usually do that for my scout, she’s either green or brown depending on what prefer going into a match but since the update I’ve tried that new red and white skin with crimson armor and vex mask and I’m really digging it.

Unfortunately, we are living in a post The Predator world, so these are going to look a lot cleaner than the older movies. So far, everything really does fall into lore. Mask designs are nice, even the wackiest colours have popped up in comics, The patterns all work.

Am I “Predator” enough?

3 Likes

If come Xmas time I can’t put a Santa hat on my pred and whack FT with an oversized candy cane, there will be blood. Badblood.

Honestly though, I’m too into the expanded universe of Predator to go back.

Started with the movies… I really enjoyed the first 2 when I was growing up (born in '86)

Then came the video games… First Capcoms AVP arcade beat em up and I fell in love with the different Predators especially the mad blue predator. I also owned AVP for the Atari Jaguar. No wierd predators here.

Then came the comics… and I was introduced to Ahab, the one eyed cape wearing badass.

Then came the toys… Once NECA started doing the Kenner inspired preds I fell in love.

I just can’t get enough predator! Or aliens for that matter!

3 Likes

As a old school predator fan I can appreciate the options. I keep mine pretty close to the original but all the options are nice even if it’s not my cup of tea. How many other predator games could you customize your character like this???

1 Like

Is this good enough for you? This is what should’ve been in the first movie tbh.

1 Like

3 Likes

I like to think of it like this:

The games lore says the yautja keep sending more and more predators to Earth, so I like to think that the ones they’re sending in the year 2020 are different, somehow stronger, different, more colorful.

Idk it’s the only way I can look past rainbow predators. Luckily you don’t really see them much

Tldr; social justice predators

Most your Preds be looking like…

3 Likes

BillyKnows1

2 Likes