A painful goodbye to the game we've been waiting so long for

all this crying and whining, boohoo im a pro but skill luck boohoo.

You choose to go predator, which is solo mode, but complain when others do real coop and have fun. rather 4 peoole have fun than 1 alone, eh?

The balance right now is ridiculously in favour of the FT but that’s because the balance is to cater more towards randoms and average skill which I can understand at that will be most of the playerbase. Sadly it just means people who play a lot and get really good at the game do not get a good experience.

They need to make balance changes that mainly affect high end players and barely touch the mid range. Sniper rifles for instance are broken af and so something like bullet drop could help and would mainly affect the stronger players. Also make sure they can’t get accurate hip fire with it to stop close range usage.

2 Likes

Since I have changed from sniper to shooter style, my statistics has changed from equal to the (significant) favor of the fire team. The average damage I make to the predator has tripled instantly.

I think this in particular is due t o the fact, that aiming with PS4 needs to long. I guess PC snipers are significantly better. Same for nearly all ranged attack weapons of the predator from my POV.

So, the whole balancing issue might be rooted in the attempt of Illfonic to balance crossplay - without equalizing the controlling first.

If one balances Predator Hunting Grounds for the PC, this at the same time might imbalance it for the PS4 - and vice versa. It might be impossible to balance it for both parties without adjusting the controlling first? What do you think?

I find this game really entertaining and balanced. We just need more maps, modes and performance issues been fixed.

1 Like

Can’t you hook up a mouse to the ps4?

I did not try that yet - as sitting resp. laying on a couch during playing is quite nice…

But I do not think using a mouse works with Predator Hunting Grounds - it basically is possible to connect one:

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Use-Keyboard-and-Mouse-with-PS4?language=en_US

but - how can you tell Predator Hunting Grounds to use it resp. which key should do what; I suppose, that is not provided. But true, I should at least give it a try once… I promise :)

Sounds like you need a breath of fresh air = mend your broken gamer heart with a new game. I did that after a short while with the new patch as I started to find the game a disappointing experience. The responses you get in here I can see are still like a stuck record and expecting the game to become enjoyable again has, imo, become a waste of time so I will just see it as an unexpected positve surprise if this turns around.
Godspeed with your future gaming experiences

1 Like

Oh, it’s not like that for me. I do enjoy the game very much - which does not mean everything is perfect. I do not enjoy playing the predator - but mainly not due to balancing issues (one also could take an imbalance as a challenge) but due to the missing fluid movement - getting stuck by stones too small to be seen is ridiculous…

As long as others enjoy predating, the game is fine. And there are still some guys, who are so astonishingly fu…ing excellent, that they burn down the complete fire team before they could even yell.

So, basically, the game still works…

I think, what all the bros want to tell you here is: the game is fine - but could be the greatest of all time - if some minor adjustment would be done, which are these or that :)

Right, folks?

Yep. So they’re only balancing for ps4.
Shouldn’t have gone for crossplay if they weren’t going to try to equalize handling honestly.

The 2-5 second hitscan ttks are balanced with strafing adsing tunnel vision players on default sensitivity in mind.

1 Like