About a prey DLC

Before the trailer release, I tought Illfonic would do a Prey dlc includind the Feral predator and maybe its weapons. Now I saw the trailer. And I know they won’t make easy money this time 🤣. Just for the predator itself, they would need to :
-change the predator cloak for a weird orange variant one

-Change the mandible model while masked. The feral predator has a mask that let its mandibles out which is a problem because at the moment, a masked predator has retracted ones

-make a completely different armor, new predlocks and a new mask
(even if its kinda normal for a pred dlc, those things seems to be very specific for this predator.)

And those three little details are nothing compared to all the work they’ll have to do if they wanted to make a 100% movie accurate pred including new weapons and everythind ( and so far we’ve only seen a complex bullet-proof fan that needs to stop bullets coming from FORWARD ONLY)
(Ho and by the way it also seems that this pred will come with a kind of katana and a spear, but those are already ingame.)
So after all this, do you think they will make a Feral Predator Dlc ?

5 Likes

Probably not, and if they do it’s not going to be good, and illfonic should make a new sword, maybe a heavy sword .

1 Like

Bug fix first
Exploit fix next
Balance patch next
Then we can talk about dlc

13 Likes

So never.

1 Like

I thought the orange was it being on fire lol

4 Likes

Is it a new cloak? I thought he was set on fire.

With that mask Pred reminds me of Cubone. Lol.

Would be interesting if pred had a shield, and was only able to use wrist blades with it. It would take place of one primary weapon.

4 Likes

We didn’t even get a new weapon with Wolf.

Also won’t bring anything new to the game by sticking a newly designed pred into the game in its current state.

Feel you can already make a cool design of the pred in game anyways

5 Likes

Illfonic make trash

I think they’ll do it, but it will be a very “limited and flawed” version of Feral. More a skin, than an actual Pred.
Of course I would hope for the good stuff, mask with mandibles out, shield, no plasma (probably)… but I don’t know if they’ll do all of this work.

4 Likes

Really just hoping for the mask. We MIGHT get the skin as well, but don’t count on any exclusive weapons or gear.

1 Like

I don’t care about DLC. I want meaningful improvements, not skins and shitty stats

2 Likes

It looked like he was on fire. His cloak looked the same as in other movies, in other scenes of two trailers.

3 Likes

This game needs polishing, bug and exploit fixes before adding any new untested content that will bring even more bugs.

2 Likes

Don’t worry I’ll try and make one that people can try and enjoy.

1 Like

For what you said, here’s a Baby Nomad to at least make you feel better knowing you where brave today

2 Likes

He’ll probably have plasma just for gameplay same as falconer he didn’t have one in the film but they gave him one in game

NO PLS NO

WE DONT FUCKING NEED ANY MORE DLCS

They don’t change fx. We knew early on with City Hunter.

Compromises are already made for the tri laser. We know he has one, we don’t know if that’s somewhere on the helmet yet. But like the breather they’ll stick it on him.

Plasmacaster would be given, though I don’t know if they’d make a new one for him. Falconer got Berserker’s and Emissary got Cleopatra’s though styled for him. I’d expect he’d get Alpha’s or Wolf’s depending on how the backpack sits.

The helmet might not be added and they’ll do a Prey inspired one if it’s that much of a problem.

The face won’t match the film. The rig they use is meant for the Winston style heads. They don’t match the supers, they’re going to be a bad fit for Feral. The dreads also won’t match the film. They’re thinner and longer and won’t properly fit the holes. Granted it hasn’t stopped them before but this is a little much this time.

If he shows up I’d expect the shield. The difference with this and Wolf is that realistically there’s no way to properly implement the whip or dual plasmacaster. We should’ve gotten a shuriken or a skin for the pistol but the shield depending on how it’s implemented isn’t going to be a problem. It’d fold out of the gauntlet. Animation for Feral, everybody else it deploys out of thin air. Otherwise he’ll get a sword skin. Whether it has new animations is anyone’s guess. We know he has a spear meaning that’s also viable.

1 Like

You almost sounds optimistic 😂

Too much work to add new mechanics; no real payoff. We might get the skin for Feral and that’s about it.

They’ll add the helmet because Disney will make them but it’ll probably look bad and they could fix the faces but they’re too lazy to and as for the dual plasma it would be somewhat simple if they wanted to be lazy about it half the plasmas damage and a full charge from both on one target would be equal to full charge from a normal one as for the whip yeah that would be more difficult but lazy way as well just make a normal melee weapon with different animations meaning it can be parried