About Naru... (Prey 2022)

I fucking want her dead

Shes a teenaged girl fighting a yautja

She almost died to a bear

Screw whoever wrote this

2 Likes

People still going on about the teenage thing, even though its been debunked to a woman by 19 years of age; https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/02/10/first-possible-predator-5-skulls-character-details-emerge/

Not to mention it could have been updated by now since they even gave her a new name change so it can be upped by her early 20s

Almost died to a bear, yeah but if she one shot the bear without any effort, then people complain about her being perfect mary sue garbage.

Fuck, Pumpkinhead, Chucky, Pinhead, Freddy Kruger, Jason Vorhees, Micheal Myers, all got owned by teenagers in some point, and I never hear people complain this much about them being lesser for that.

Stay salty

10 Likes

Kid, just be quiet.

3 Likes

Well, the movies done. It’ll be out in a couple months. No time for re-shoots. Not that they’d do any for a Hulu movie, really. Probably didn’t do test audiences. WOULD never test screen with THIS audience, for sure. But at this point, I’m so burnt out by all this bullpucky, here’s what I say now…

Y04petergriffin

I’d give anything for it to actually be good, but I can’t hold out any hope…

1 Like

BECAUSE YOU THINK SHE CANT!

WHATEVER DID THIS IT BLEEDS AND SHE WILL KILL IT

1 Like

Seek professional help

2 Likes

Idk about this take. We have no idea how different her circumstances will be against the predator vs the bear. For all we know, the predator could be very wounded in some way, making it easier for her.

5 Likes

You don’t understand. SHE’S A GIRL. GIRLS AREN’T ALLOWED TO PLAY PREDATOR. ONLY TOUGH MEN CAN KILL PREDATORS WITH A LOONEY TUNES LIKE CONTRAPTION INVOLVING A BLOODY LOG.

6 Likes

How dare you bring up other slasher villains who got defeated by teens (or even kids in Chucky’s case). That’s unsportsmanlike.

4 Likes

I’m going to make a supposition here. Nobody’s upset at the concept of a badass female lead.

Most people here, myself included, grew up on Sarah Connor and Ripley.

The issue as I see it is stated directly by the character herself in the opening moments of the trailer.

She’s asked why she wants to hunt, and responds with “Because you don’t think I can.”

Sarah Connor and Ripley weren’t about disproving gender norms. They had nothing to prove. They were forces of nature who did what they needed to do.

If they went that route with this movie, cool. All for it. But it’s more woke nonsense being rammed down the audience’s throat.

And the dichotomy of a tiny teenage girl standing toe to toe with a predator vs a buffed out squad of special forces solders with guns and grenades being absolutely dominated is ridiculous at best and insulting at worst.

Just my opinion.

7 Likes

tell this guy why and he goes

“no” and goes straight into politics like we haven’t been on the terminator dark fate bread circus before lolol

2 Likes

I missed your comments, always a light of sanity and chadness in the hell that is this forum.

Can you like… Stop trying to bring politics in on these threads… Not only are you spouting false information but it seems to me like you desperately want to talk about a culture war made up in your head. Not to mention it being against the rules now. There was never a start to it, neither political wing incited it, and whenever logic regarding certain films is brought up, you attempt to compare it to something completely irrelevant and then egregiously sign off on your post with a snarky remark, as if you’re better than all of us. Lost count how many times you’ve done this here but we really don’t appreciate your attitude for the most part.

Similar to your argument that Predator games set in this era shouldn’t be realistic. Someone will say take out the Predator in the first two films and then ask what’s not realistic. It’s pretty realistic without the Predator, isn’t it? That’s the balance with sci-fi films set in the common era. I’ll say it again in case you missed it; set in the common era. You have something totally fictional come into play and keep everything else as grounded as possible, creating as perfect of a balance between them as possible so the audience has somewhere to anchor. You make these films and their respective worlds as palpable as you can, an effective what if scenario that people will latch onto and grow a love for. Other movies like Star Wars or Alien or Star Trek have created balances by other means but once again, are not set in the common era like Predator is, so they have more to work with. But again, create their own world of sci-fi goofery and imagination with a balance of reality and fiction. Granted, some do it better than others, but that’s just how it is.

Hopefully this will encourage you to refrain from bringing politics into this forum and rethink how you structure your replies to the other members here

7 Likes

Unless it’s a movie full of sweaty, muscle bound, borderline shirtless men… (ps the last dude got saved by a log)

The movie is just expected to be bad?

Literally no hope as a fan that a new rendition could bring some awesomeness to the franchise?

Weird take.

That’s what I thought PHG was supposed to do, but the fans didn’t even help the IP land into proper hands, just buried it all together.

Sad to see this part of history repeat itself and damage the pred franchise as a whole.

2 Likes

I’m actually a little excited to see how they do this. It doesn’t look bad to me, what I’m seeing is humans trying to survive and defend themselves from a being they would’ve never expected to come across. Similar to the first film, there was fear and there was mystery. The main character watches their enemy and sponges up everything they can about it before preparing to take it on. I have high hopes for this movie, I sincerely hope it delivers. I mean I’m not seeing any MACHO MACHO MAN or Mary Sue stereotypes, at least not from the trailers, so I don’t see a reason to be upset, not yet, and hopefully we’re not given one when the full film releases. Just wish they would’ve put this out in theatres. My father figure is getting old and we always go see these movies, we’re going to see Jurassic World Dominion Friday, we’ve watched everything that’s come out in the theatre pertaining to Terminator, Alien, Predator, and Jurassic Park. I dunno how much time I have left with him but I would prefer to spend it doing what we did while I was growing up. Watching sci-fi in the theatre.

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping we can all enjoy a Predator movie again in the best capacity possible.

Hope you are able to experience it the way you want to :)

3 Likes

I just don’t want her to win by default, I want Sarah Connor Level Struggle, or better yet, I wanna see the pred actually win, tear the spine and skull viciously, look at the skull and roar, and that’s the end

2 Likes

I’ll still watch it and decide, but doesn’t it kinda seem like the writing is on the wall? If it’s good I’ll be the first one to eat my words.

Also: evil dead arriving today 🙌

1 Like

1 Like

I thought that was pretty funny too

1 Like