After the update

So Illfonic are working on 3 games at once: Predator Hunting Grounds, Arcadegeddon and a Ghostbusters game. How long can a small indie studio handle this many projects? Doesn’t seem likely they’ll continue with this game after this month’s update. Then again I’ve said that many times before and been proven wrong so maybe I’m wrong again. But what do you all think? One thing’s for certain though, the low quality of the updates will stay the same if not worsen.

• After this month’s update Illfonic will stop working on the game
  • Illfonic will continue to work on the game after the update

0 voters

2 Likes

Hunting Grounds has its own small team for updates and bug fixes.

Arcadegeddon has a slightly bigger team to handle support since it launched as an early access title.

Ghostbusters likely is both teams working on it and probably working on it based on those titles. So Hunting Grounds for example probably had a hand in the A.I teammates on that.

1 Like

Yeah it shows. Big updates with patch notes looking more akin to hotfixes. Why even bother continuing with this game at this point? They’re probably ready to jump ship any moment now.

Games done. A final product still riddled with bugs, horrendous balance, and one game mode worth playing. What a fucking disappointment.

4 Likes

Balance is fine

2 Likes

Fuck illfonic and whoever buys into anymore of their shit games.

3 Likes

I believe the updates will continue and the game will certainly live on. The fact that you are all here discussing the game shows it’s popularity, despite the minor bugs that surface from time to time.

It’s also a cash cow for them with DLC content. There’s no way they will abandon such a lucrative title.

In time I see PHG improving in lobby times, maps, content and more. I commend Illfonic on such an amazing game that’s so fun to play!

2 Likes

I would say the current balance is the best since release, but I wouldn’t say it’s fine. The game has become more chaotic tho.
We can do one / two hits with the disc and it can turn very fast. But we also have field medics that can revive matteson a second or a tracker perk where you have 5+ sec whallhack which both is just retarded

Game was better balanced on the weeks before specializations were first added. But well at least now the Predator kind of have the means to counter ft specs and stuff. Still I say right now balance is like 60/40 in favor of the FT in my experience if the Predator has a good ping vs all players of the same skill level. Otherwise with his good weapons being nonfunctional due to bad ping its like 80/20 to the ft.

2 Likes

I second what @ADIsnap said. It’s better than ever but not very good. Just by opinion. 🤷‍♀️

Well it’s as I always say. A plain turd is better than a runny turd but they’re both still just shit at the end of the day

1 Like

Couldn’t give a damn, if they keep the forum up while doing all of that I’m happy

Core mechanics being janky pesters games for people but I don’t think balance is an issue at least not for the Preditards that spout the meta bullshit and can only use them on random noobs they meet in public matches

If the humans literally never are afraid of the Predator, the balance surely isn’t okay.

Still favored heavily towards FT even at novice levels.

1 Like

Depends what you mean by ‘working on’.

It should be clear to anyone who’s been here keeping up with development that PHG is already finished and they’re drip feeding content with the bulk of work time going into little fixes and updates.

Whatever actual content we’re getting in the future, if anything after October, is already done and waiting to be released. It’d be nice for them to continue development as there’s so much potential in this game, but I don’t see it happening.

1 Like

We will have content after this.

Am i correct in assuming that illfonic is not fully in charge of Phg; that they have to get a go ahead from Sony or whoever? Will they ever be able to add content that they want, or are they not even allowed to work on it?

1 Like

So back to square one then lol

That could make sense of why there are so many bugs, if werk was finished some time ago, but hot fixed would interfere with already finished content for next update. Also why fan content is not readily put in, if at all, cause it might interfere with the future content that is already finished.

1 Like

Defend yourself

1 Like