Alcoholism

Agreed, moderation is key. I’ve never gotten drunk, most likely due to my parents teaching me that moderation is key and incidents with my aunt.

3 Likes

I’m all for drinking especially during HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT days.
and where in between after strenuous physical exercise, cognitive focus and other such work, a alcohol bev to make you a mellow is good for the health and good for the mind.
It can relax the body and allow for a recovery that is suitable for your life style.

I don’t however recommend drinking because it gets you through a problem or a shitty social situation. Doing so is an impairment of judgement or focus of values, skills and empathy.

I totally get where you’re coming from – a cold drink on a scorching hot day is a pure delight. And I agree, a mellow alcohol beverage can be nice after some intense work or exercise to unwind. But, yeah, it’s crucial not to rely on it as a crutch in tricky situations – keeping a clear head is essential. I’ve dealt with depression and anxiety, and I discovered how to stop obsessive thoughts that were affecting me. It made a world of difference in my mental health journey.

Alcoholism is a serious addiction that can ruin lives. To get rid of alcoholism, people replace alcohol with something else-weed, maybe even gambling. For example, I play cs2 tournaments instead of drinking with friends.