An "Interesting" response from Illfonic

What’s wrong with a low TTK if you just go into the next round instead of waiting for the last man standing to die like in Hunt?

I’d have preds start together while FT is separated. Preds have advantage if they choose to hit one of them hard. When FTs do meet, they can decide to reinforce but it will take time. FTs have advantage. Then perhaps one more possible power shift for each side. (FTs may need to split up again to do a mission, but clock is ticking so going to two locations with full team is risky)

I guess you’d still want each individual play to amount to something, a chance to adapt and learn, instead of bouncing from game to game

But one good thing is a shorter wait time for preds

For that idea to work they would need like an insanely big map like from predators 2010 where they drop from parachutes and then have to meet up with others without knowing where anyone is… they would drop with squads of 2 or 4 and meet up in the middle…

I know. Combine maps i guess. 2v6 should be easier to implement than 3v12 i think.

But anyway, where all got about it, but it’s going to be tough to solve if it’s just in paper without actual in game testing.

That bring said. Some of this could be tested on the 2v6 ‘clash’ privates

1 Like

Im all for this and objectives with fail conditions but fundamentally it seems like illfonic is really focused on each individual FT having enough dps to solo the pred and also wants them grouped from start to finish.

It sucks because Hunt has already established that pretty much the only pub playstyle is to just herd your group of potatos around your 4 minute missions speedruns and shoot the pred when it shows up.

Lone wolf stealth or like a duo partner playstyles w/ a buff functioning as a travelling reinforce as long as theyre alive would be neat but it really seems like they dont want anything to be difficult to balance

I bet money the community could come up with balance for a 3v12 within two weeks

3 Likes

I wouldn’t, i think it’s a lot of work and going to the drawing table many times. Maybe in a month. We have a hard time reaching concensus here anyway 😂

I thing it’s a lot of work

So if a 2v6 mode came out and individual FT would have to be able to fend off two preds😂. They should just make a 2v4 mode where it’s 4 preds vs 2 FTs

Now I want a Halo Invasion copycat mode with one team spawning on eachother trying to take team stargazer’s objectives with better tools as the match progresses & they get pushed back into an armory losing ground.

While preds are running around.

I think there were suggestions of something like that in the past. Sounds fine, but peed feels left out. It’s a bit of an upgrade to clash

Clash needs an upgrade tbh. Like star wars battlefront but instead of jedi you get preds?

1 Like

Predators battle royale! FT parachutes in seperated with starter weapons instead of busted meta loadouts, pred starts with wristblades and has to steal stuff back through option capture-the-flag-esque missions thus progressing the match without pred just destroying everyone

They have plenty of controlled environments/match starts to use if theyre worried about balance but I dont think they want to deprive people of their custom loadouts either so its a balancing issue. Bla bla limiting player choice bla

Pred v pred is a bit dysfunctional with current pred weapons. Too much leaking will cause lots of misses and it will become a melee fest as parties get annoyed

They should take what they have and make a random FT last a few minutes longer with auto respawns or auto reinforce once th eye lose more than half of them. Pred get to accumulate and extra second wind or something like that

Maybe, theres not quick solution to be had at the moment. As i said before, this is a lot of dedicated work.

1 Like

Pred vs pred specific gear and weapons so you more or less specialize in either killing FT or killing preds. Stuff thats built for tracking preds (a lock on caster finally? Hitscan weapons? Fugitive’s auto aim self defense gear?) but is worthless in comparison to the usual stuff against FT. But never, have another melee mace weapon DLC

Add melee in trees atleast for Clash btw wth

1 Like

I mean, Dutch exclaims “C’MON! CONCENTRATE FIRE!!” for good reason…

I don’t think they realize just how much damage Fireteams can do when concentrated fire is applied to even a Viking. Second Wind in less than 2 seconds.

1 Like

That could work. Still will take time, they have zero progress in that field

They realize that 80% of FTs don’t play like that. That’s why we are where we are. Theres 10% OP FTs, 10% good FTs and 80% sheety FTs

And that’s why they shouldn’t have given them so much power in the first place. They got complacent. And now that many predators are very good, and Fireteams know what they’re doing for the most part, the OP nonsense they were given has led to them being cocky, overconfident. They literally gave a gun to a child and are now facing the consequences.

You can’t expect to win if you don’t play smart. Holding their hand and making the game easier for the Fireteam is the whole reason only so many people still play anymore. The 500,000 copies they sold on release? Guess how many were returned?.. Guess how few play anymore. Just because you lost to a Predator and you fucked up doesn’t mean the Predator needs a nerf. That means you need to revise your strategy and practice. That’s called integrity, discipline, something the latest generations heavily lack.

Admitting failure is scarce these days. Due to a mind-boggling lack of parental control and supervision, too many children are left to grow up themselves and develop egos, toxic mindsets, believing winning is the only way. I could go on for hours and hours about this kind of crap, but no one has time for that.

We have jobs, lives, loved ones to attend to. We can’t fix your mistakes, only you can do that, Illfonic. Stop acting like fucking manchildren and grow the hell up, for all our sakes