An "Interesting" response from Illfonic

4 Likes

So how the fuck they gonna do gauntlet?!

I dont see how challenging it could be.
Combine maps, 3 at a time or 2,
Make a longer mission and that’s it.
No need to even modify hunt, unless some issues shows up.

3 Likes

Or if its 2v6 I think we can keep current maps.

Man they really do look at balance between the 2 factions from a 1v1 perspective

That’s wild that the predator who has to fight 4 people is balanced around only being able to fight 1

9 Likes

Probably means they playtested it and couldn’t get it to work as a mode basically making the TTK half of what it is now and we know they’re not the greatest preds xd

Worst case scenario more objective gamemodes are too much work for their paycheck but I think its the former and they think 2 preds and lower TTK all around is too much.

They should just give the preds a reason to kill eachother though and discouraging teaming up to caster splash people.

2 Likes

This is actually a expected response from them considering they called, falsely marketed their game from the demo showcase and stuff… the first interview was done with like lead director and they said the team is aiming for PvE asymmetrical game where both sides will fight against each other plus environment plus the asymmetry is literally not being in the game at all at this point… it looks like their focusing more on PvP element than what they firstly marketed the game to be.

The first interview was also talking how they wanted to make predator be this hard to kill killing machine but to me it looks like they scrambled this idea after they scammed majority of the community including myself to be one of those people who expected what was given to me in the interview and podcast talk.

So just that response makes me feel disgusted cause i spent 60$ on this game lmao… when it still feels like early access indie game with expensive ass license for the IP

2 Likes

They really are a bunch of dipshits

3 Likes

If that’s what they offered in the first interview and demo showcase then i wouldn’t even look at the gameplay for this game… cause i got scammed very badly lmfao…if they think preds teaming up in groups of 2s or 3s is bad then idk what else to say about this… just a disgrace towards predators franchise.

I would find it very settling if i see 3 of my pred teammates cloaked and shooting arrows from all the sides doing damage to fireteam

He was though but people were bad and didnt know they could infinitely parry and weren’t willing to learn to just swap to knife vs melee preds. Caster used to be one shot too (that was a bit overkill even, but caster headshots should kill. None of preds headshots kill its great.) Predator used to deal damage. They ended up just balancing around hotmicing pubs running around blindly. FT got to keep their realistic-ish damage and predator didn’t in the end.

Technically yeah but the environment is crap. The AI sucks and players make for a better distraction the bad AI ever could and they were right to abandon a PvE game without a proper AI programmer. I’m all for this game going full retard pvp but they kind of have to be willing to take some risks of things being unbalanced if they’re going to do that - and drop this notion of balancing pred around 1v1s.

I genuinely think they’re too caught up in trying to balance a stealth asymmetrical. Its never going to feel fair getting shot from stealth so try to do something crazy and make it fun to play in an “everything is OP” way rather than over half the weapons being garbage because you’re scared pred might get a headshot and you dont want anyone instantly downed in your video game. Get away from the arcadey arena shooter gameplay and just accept the TTK being low and damage being realistic, but not this nonsense where only one side has realistic damage and not the other. Obviously fix whats gamebreakingly broken but they’re obsessed with trying to curate some kind of sterilized gameplay loop with revive syringes and field medics and 100 different ways for FT to get back in the game and all thats going to do is turn every match into the same thing.
They didnt try to ensure every single survivor had a fighting chance against jason so im not sure why they’re panicked about the killer being unbalanced now, probably because there’s less players in the lobby?

1 Like

I mean

Not gonna lie 4 fireteam members with full weapon full armor gear is probably the same as full lobby of like random survivors in FT13 XD…

like lets not bullshit one another when this is just a pure fact…

And it makes no sense why they are struggling with balancing when from week one of full release i gave them almost perfect ideal game mechanics that would balance out how each match turns out.

Jason would just blink infront of you and take you out of the game.

Here its like “no no no poor soul you went down after taking a whole 3 hits from whatever weapon? Nooo…wheres your field medic? What about a revive syringe? How about a reinforce and we give you all your gear and ammo back? Dont be sad heres extra lives. Next time take this perk to extend your hp bar and a gun to solo the pred. Everyone else is dead? Here’s a buff let me hold your hand even harder you can do it.”

Just ridiculous design for asymmetrical pvp.
How many fighting chances does one side need at the expense of the other in a game thats supposed to be emulating a slasher film?

4 Likes

Fun fact u said this considering they dont even think asymmetrical pvp can even work… its already turned into symmetrical pvp lmfao…

So they are just straight up saying no? Also like anything else, this mode takes practice

Im pretty sure they only like see surface level of society response to their game… and not think of the deeper level of true fans of franchise lmao… they literally make this game like literal trash at this point… i downloaded the game and pred is easy now and i wanted it to be like challenging in a way that i would feel rewarded for tracking them down lmao… and it turns out you press a button to locate them like wtf… i wanna be able to locate tracks and i want it to say how fresh the tracks are… where they are heading…

1 Like

Preach homie

I did that for a yr and so far they only added one thing from me… ONE THING out of like 90% of shit that would fix balancing in a blink of an eye…

1 Like

So I guess this means no 3v12. What the fuck is gauntlet going to be then? I bet every new mode will be some crap nobody wanted. Like clash. Fuck me. 🤦‍♂️

4 Likes

Bro if gauntlet is shit, that’s it game over, they’ll have ruined the game entirely and nobody’s going to want to play