animation canceling

what do you think exploit or not ?. My opinion is if the devs are trying to patch it then yes

Are they?

1 Like

Why do you care, honestly?

Animation canceling is the base of most games

There’s nothing wrong with it

Let’s cancel everything , maybe the game will be more fun ! :D

3 Likes

just starting conversation

even if the devs want to patch it ?. I ckinda assume if the devs want to patch it then its an exploit or a bug

Not really

Removing a feature that ruins the game isn’t a bug, it’s just poorly designed.

Animation cancels fall under gameplay since it’s just the basis of so much already

1 Like

Animation Cancelling has been a core part of game development since as early as the days of Street Fighter 2, which lead to the earliest incarnations of the fighting game genre’s now standard and famous combo system. And that’s not even going in to how other genres such as Stylish Action literally could not exist without Animation Cancelling being a core aspect of what High-End gameplay looks like. Even in lower skill ceiling games like say Spider-Man for the PS4, animation cancelling becomes a big part of the combat system at higher levels of play and results in much more stylish & quicker looking combat.

4 Likes

I have a better question
What will hurt more getting hit with a baseball or a coconut

2 Likes

It’s not that different from when players would roof slam spam. It’s up to the Devs to fix it. You’re not going to stop people from using it. Exploit or “Legit” doesn’t matter. The game is literally on life support after the lackluster August update.

People are going to play the game for free. Realize it’s full of terrible mechanics and move on. Aliens: Fireteam took a lot of players. Battlefield 2042 will be the nail in the coffin.

2 Likes

Damn strait

2 Likes

If the claim trying to be made here is that Animation Cancelling is a form of exploit, then OP must fucking despise any piece of footage of actually good Doom Eternal gameplay.

1 Like

Are they flying at the same speed?

Yes,
let’s say they are dropped from 15ft

That game is literally designed around animation canceling

1 Like

It’s not what I wanted, but I thought that illfonic would continue to make balance adjustments, especially after introducing Predator specializations. Unfortunately, they seem content with the current state of the game, and it’s not in a good place.

1 Like

So there’s two factors

There’s the weight and then there’s the surface area

The more surface area the more spread out the impact

And then I think weight doesn’t actually matter as it’s just a factor that determines speed and etc. So if the speed is the same then it shouldn’t matter

So because the coconut is larger the baseball

Then again I’m not a scientist

Okay but what if I shoot you with a cannonball instead of a shotgun?