animation canceling

So we can bring back ice skating pred right?

Its not like you’re under the map
More button presses = complexity=skill?

its not a fighter dont know why it gets compared to like street fighter where everything comes down to 1-2 frames of animation and combos

depends on the game

in this game, devs already stated it is not the intended gameplay (hence why there are perks for faster animations) and they did try to patch it, so, if is not intended, it is considered an exploit

4 Likes

right and while i may disagree the dev’s are the government to the game if they say they don’t want it then fine i’ll accept their decision doesn’t mean i have to be happy about it i am a consumer after all

woops I meant counterstrike.
Jumping had some weird interaction with the engine where it increased your momentum and you could surf around the map if you timed it correctly which in theory creates an artifically high skill ceiling by adding unintended mandatory extra steps to learn because something was poorly implemented to begin with

or you know just bhop macro

i recall being against it due to it making it impossible for the predator to get away from the ft in situations where he wants to reset to a neutral state

generally when it comes to exploits if it creates competitve depth which is to say add more options one can use and those options in and of themselves can be played around and is complex to perform

than i am generally for them

if an exploit causes a clear gameplay advantage that is simply unstoppable or oppressive then they should be removed

shit I accidentally deleted my other post ahsjawhenrjfignhk

if its not oppressive people wouldnt be using it
unless that skill ceiling is so high it just filters everyone.
which would make it oppressive.
Its used because its an advantage ground skiing and cancelling reloads isnt for funsies or it wouldnt be worth doing

you guys don’t know half the exploits of animation cancels. I’m good friends with someone who owns a discord dedicated to finding all bugs and shit. There are literally many attack combos that will down you in “one” hit and can be done repeatedly, not a charging thing like the disk or the caster

Anyone these days is taking the defense of animation cancelling in my opinion is clutching at straws.

I used to play For Honor competitively, and there the animation cancelling is actually part of the gameplay, man, it’s even in the tutorial!

In this game the cancellation (which results in unstoppable combo sequences) is, clearly stated, an exploit.

The strongest and most unambiguous argument has already been expressed by Jelou: there is a perk to speed up weapon switching, period.

Obviously, what the developers said must also be taken into account.

2 Likes

Isn’t there a animation cancel thats just as bad for eating pigs ?

The day we discover how to cancel animations on the saws and are able to fire it like an assault rifle, these people defending animations canceling will be the first ones to call it cheating.

I mean look at how bent out of shape they get when they see someone using rapid fire macro on the glock, they call them all kinds of scum. But when a pred player uses macros for quick shots or to cancel animations, they applaud it 👏

3 Likes

oh my! is there anyone who uses macros for quick shots and cancel animations ?!?

When they fire ten arrows in a row without aiming and don’t get the wrist blades attack, they’re the world’s fastest clickers, their internet connection has zero latancy, and they’re pumped full of cocaine.

I don’t call people out because I guess it would be hypocritical of me since I still have the net escape macro active (which still takes 3 seconds if they have trapper).

People will play however they see fit to their advantage. I personally don’t see me gaining anything from using tweaked loadouts or the glock with rapid fire. As much as people here accuse me of cheating, I’m not interested in doing any of that stuff.

The only problem I have is when people do these things, but deny it or try to give some bs explanation to how or why they do it. I don’t care how people play, just don’t try to bs others.

1 Like

And when they fire 10 arrow + combithrow + 10 arrows + 5 plasmashots in a row without weapon swap animation, no aiming, while jumping and zig-zaging while being shot by full FT premade, and don’t get the wristblade attack…
They are all that you said plus a cocktail of steroids, anfetamine and they have their PC , mouse and keyboard directly connected to their brains like in Cyberpunk

but. no. additional. software.

LOL

1 Like

Haha…I like that one, trust me I know, I used steroids for almost ten years. The gains were real 💪

2 Likes

Idk sometimes I get the wrist blade attack.

None of the preds I play with is using a macro for “animation skipping”.

I don’t have a problem with it.
I don’t consider changing your weapons manually as an exploit of any sort. Others can disagree with me, that’s fine.

I never used macros for pred.

2 Likes

Thunderwolf trust me when I say that if I cannot prove that you use macros, everything I think is just a conjecture, it’s a personal opinion and you have 100% right in saying the opposite. (and I have nothing personal against you)

I still can’t find any other pred player capable of doing those combos, in that way.

So, until proven otherwise you can safely consider yourself the best player in the world

Perhaps I’ve been traumatized since like june / july 2020 when in a private match (you were pred , I just started playing FT and Arrow was in the team) I was hit by a lightning fast sequence of bow+combi which downed me as a full health support. Never happened to me again in 2000+ hours of play. And I have played in pubs and/or privates with ALL the best pred in this game dozens of times losing some, winning some. Name it: I’ ve played him.

1 Like

Idk if this counts but when you jump spam the crouch button we call it butterflying when someone is shooting you or a pred is trying to hit you with a bow you now become harder to hit

1 Like

Yeah it’s a pretty good tactic. It will catch a LOT of Preds off guard and even a lot of Fireteam who aim at the upper body & mask. It’s something used a lot in games like Apex Legends & Fortnite too to avoid and weave through shots. I was surprised to find it almost as effective in this game which lead to me be able to duck almost entire magazines of FT bullets and even make a straight bee line to a Pred with the Bow & Arrow out just by crouching & sliding every time he took a shot.

1 Like

Turtles

I like them

3 Likes

quick shot (quick scope) can be done manually, like everything else, that’s how they are found to begin with
when you want consistency, you script it

that being said, at least for quick scope on pred, using macros introduces the no fire/interaction/leap bug