Animation cancelling / Invisibility not interrupted by eating boars

Since Yesterday, I managed to stay invisible on accident while eating pigs multiple occasions and was even able to reproduce it.
I was spamming the E button just to become invisible again as fast as possible while holding F to start eating, but instead, I skipped the decloaking animation completely and stayed invisible as if nothing happened.

This is also very interesting as I witnessed a lot of Predators lately that also skipped certain animations, like changing weapons and eating boars a whole lot faster than it is supposed to be.

5 Likes

Was able to do leap cancelation on overgrowth when you land on the solar panels you can cancel it and slide off

1 Like

So I tried to keep this a secret but it has been possible to do this since day one. Its like you said spam the cloak button while doing the interaction and you wont go visable and sometimes you dont even make the noise of the clok

1 Like

Using this exploit since day one? You should be ashamed

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what happened to me.

Seems like this whole spamming thing isnā€™t so much of a secret anymoreā€¦
We observed this whole behavior of skipping animations for quite a while now, and it seems to be clear that a certain population of very good Predators is doing it on a regular basis.
It could even be the explanation for the Preds who are able to regrow their Mask after getting it shot off.

2 Likes

Idk about the mask thing but now I feel bad for using the cloak thing lol

I wouldnā€™t say day one more like the last few months lol

Well a few months can add up to 12 months šŸ˜

1 Like

Lol. Okay the last 3 or so months lol

You limey fuck , the 238 people were right , your an asshole šŸ˜’

2 Likes

The cloak thing might be the most harmless one of all, but still, keeping it a secret doesnā€™t help if some others know of it and abuse it.
We need to get this shit fixed!
I watched Preds on streams, aborting the last animation after eating boars, directly leaping away instead of slowly standing up, as well as throwing a Stick and directly shooting with the bow in less than 2 seconds.
And that stuff is quite an advantage.

1 Like

ā€¦
Such a non problem.
Number 1, as soon as the animation starts I press triangle just to go back into cloak right away.
So Iā€™m visible for maybe half a sec.

1. You can hear, especially on pc, where the pig is at.
    Btw itā€™s not just your headset Guys, your audio quality is better overall on pc.
    So keep an eye out on pig spawns.
    Yall ate good snipers lmao.

You can see a bit of blood sprout when the pig gets eaten.
Use that to identify what pig.

Honestly I Dont even think cloak should break at all for pigs.

1 Like

Lol. I guess.

1 Like

Like I said, I donā€™t consider that continous cloak as a big problem too. I will still see the blood and just shoot.

Itā€™s more the underlying mechanic that makes it a problem and other exploits possible.
That is the reason why I post it here in the Bugs section, so maybe in a 1000 years, it can get fixed, instead of being an open exploitable secret.

1 Like

See thats not what we are taking about. I have found a way it works about 70ish% of the time that If you press triangle the split second the animation is about to start like right before your cloak would disengage it will stay active and not make that sound of coming back just the beep it makes

1 Like

Lmfao 1000?
I wanna say maybe next 10,000.
XD

That honestly just sounds like cancel, WHICH WOULD BE LOVELY TO HAVE IN THIS GAME.
GIVE ME FIGHTING GANE MECHANICS DAMN IT.

1 Like

Cancel means the same thing it does in fighting games as it does here correct?

Yes, like in games you cam cancel out of certain things to skip animations, letting you string stuff together to combo.

So imagine a melee cancel into a pc blast, or net shot.
Stuff like that.

It requires timing, so a bit of a skill check.
We would need a better combat systemfor pred tho for this to be really effective and useful.

Like sweep attacks and knock ups.
Grab/stuns.

Lol I like devil may cry is the moral of the story.

1 Like

The knife has such a mechanic.
Select your Rifle, press and hold the ā€œMeleeā€ Button and press ā€œPrimary attackā€ 3 times very quickly and you do a combo strike that will hit up to 3 times.
But nobody really uses it.

1 Like