Any old AvP2 online players around?

I’ve played all the AvP games in my day. They’ve all been super fun!

1 Like

Totally, I still have AvP2. I keep an older PC that I run all the old AvP and Mech Warrior games I bought back then. Those AvP games are magnificent! For me it was all about having the hauntingly effective sound together with the dark environments in those games.

Was the best game bar none

Good game. Good memories. I used to play that a lot. Both singleplayer and multiplayer.

God tha’d be so cool! Straight up full fledge AVP game with colonial marines. No bs straight up full support for the devs. Single player, MP, common deathmatch and Big Team battles lol

Yep, played it right up until the death.

Yessss 😁 I used to play so much survivor mode on Quarantine map! All the Marines huddled together in that one room covering that corridor 😋 Whenever one alien player made it through the doorway and covered people in acid that was the start of the end xD
There was always that one idiot that would be using the flamethrower too and would set everyone else alight 😒

1 Like

I had it for xbox. Love that game with a passion. If there are people out there playing it, I’ll buy it for pc. That’s only if I’m able to play with people day in and day out… Ok so maybe I’m over exaggerating, I do work XD 😩

Hey I too Play the AJL MOD For avp2

Underrated mod

LMAO

That game was never ported for consoles you idiot. At the time of its release the only consoles that were out were not powerful enough to compete with PC Graphics (PS2, N64, Dreamcast). The original Xbox had not even been released. And not that consoles have ever been powerful enough to compete with PC graphics. You guys are just used to settle for less eye candy in exchange for “convenience”.

The only AvP game on Xbox 360 was AvP 2010.

AvP2 2001

Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2 2001

I just don’t think he likes consoles…

2 Likes

awesome, what resolution was the PS2 rendering? (240P at 30FPS, in case you didn’t know)
PC in 2001? 1024x768 (equivalent to 720P) at 60FPS…that’s pretty much double the rendering resolution and double the framerate

Also, I believe that picture from MGS is a cinematic, not actual gameplay

1 Like

Looks good, but it’s not necessary. They could have ported AvP2, but chose not to.

they could have not. There were hardware limiting capabilities. They developed games for consoles as well, mainly PS3 and Xbox360, because that’s the Gen where consoles came out that could somewhat compete with PC gaming.

Maybe AvP 1998 could have been ported, but it was years later that a system that could handled it was out and by that time, avp2 was out.

Sorry kid.

On PC is so easy to see how outdated your hardware is. Games have “minimum system requirements”. Game requires X hardware, you don’t have it, you can’t play it. There’s no such thing as “you can port it to run on low end hardware”

You’re probably right. I don’t really care one way or the other. My main point was that your language was way too harsh, because superficially the graphics weren’t all that different.

This is historical revisionism & shows a clear lack of understanding of Game Design & the history of the medium. It was not until around the time period of 2004 that PC gaming began to overtake the Console marketplace as the “Most powerful/cutting edge”. A position it maintained in good stride throughout the Seventh & Eight Generations of gaming.

Back in the 90s, PC gaming looked like this

Whilst Console gaming enjoyed such hits as Sonic 3 & Super Mario World, not to even go into the technological breakthroughs games like Star Fox brought around. Not to even go into how Arcade Machines were often the most powerful of all 3 sources at the times, it took decades to get Arcade-perfect ports of titles such as Street Fighter 3 simply because making those games identical to what was in the Arcades was just not possible on either PC or Console at the time.

And indeed the leap into 3D gaming was lead entirely by the Console marketplace, games like Super Mario 64 & Sonic Adventure changed the gaming landscape as a whole and even titles such as Final Fantasy 7 which had to be spread out across a whopping 4 Discs were leaps & bounds above what PC gaming offered at the time. It was only when games such as Half Life 1 came around that PC gaming began to show signs of actually slowly overtaking what was possible on a Console at the time.

1 Like

The fuck you talking about? I’ve been playing PC games since Windows 95. Back then I’ve be playing 3D fps like Chasm while nes/snes and similar consoles of the day would still be using 2D sprites

My language is harsh because I’m tired of people complaining “you’re too harsh” anyway, so whatever, from now on I will not try to be “civil” only to be criticized as well because in the end, is not about language or tone, but the fact that some of you are oblivious to accept the facts.