Assault Perk points

The Assault is actually very well balanced.

Health 3
Stamina 3
Movement Speed 3
Gear 3 (which translates to 10 points even though it should only be x3, or 9 points.)

Perks 9 (which if it was a stat like the others would be divided by 3, which would be 3.)

Assault Class Skills

Hip fire Accuracy - Perk equivalent is Action Hero, 1 point.

Secondary Weapon Damage - Perk equivalent doesn’t really exist but it is similar to Heavy Hitter, only for secondary weapon not melee, 3 points.

So the Class has a rough total of 4 extra points in perks, and one that can be doubled up on.

Total Assault build points 19 (or 19.3 ie. 1 extra gear worth 1/3 of a point), 3 for each category and 4 bonus.

——— for comparison ———

Recon

Health 2
Stamina 3 (1/5th)
Movement Speed 4
Gear 1 (1/5th), (should only have 3 (or 4), has 8 gear points to spend.)

Perks 15 (Which divide to scale with other attributes is 5.)

Recon Class Skills

Spot Duration - Perk equivalent is Tracker, 4 points.

Mud Cover Duration - Per equivalent is Pig in Shit, 5 points.

So the Recon Class has a total of 9 bonus points, both can be doubled up on.

Total Recon build points 24 (and 2/5th’s). The extra gear/perk points they get could make you consider it a 26 though.

Jesus Recon got pimped out point wise.

———

Based on the above, I actually think Recon got spoiled because someone at Illfonic had a favourite perk build that goes. Tracker, PiS, and Bane. That’s 15 points for a stealthy, high damage, sniper.

1 Like

No

1 Like

No, it’s balanced for beginners, the class doesn’t need buffing.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahah. You can literally put on Bane, weapons trainint, action hero. And be a machine of death

1 Like

Recon is the aggressive class

Perk points aren’t really the issue.
It’s the issue of perk slots vs the point cost of the perks that are worth a damn.

I highlighted this here a little, and recommended a solution.

The list of perks that never get chosen is insanely large.
Not entirely because the perks are costed poorly, but simply because you’d never waste a slot for 1 point, when you have 3+ available.

I think Recon needs reworking first, Assault is perfectly balanced atm. It’s meant for noobs, it has good health and stamina and it gives them built in perks too. Recon, that poor class. Such promise, such hope only to be destroyed by a flying alien spear.

Do you mean Scout, cause Recon actually has the best points out of any build?

I’m referring to the Recons health, and just how easily they can be killed.

Well then yes Scout and Recon are very weak in terms of health. I think that balances fine, on the Recon cause it can be so buff in other areas.

Both need better health. Regardless of perks, they both can get downed too easily and too quickly that taking them is a massive risk to the player and the team. Most Predator mains will target them specifically, taking them out first because they’re more likely to be carrying sniper rifles as well as being able to chase down Scout class in second wind.
I miss using my Recon, but got tired of always being the first to be attacked and killed, and then leaving the team one man down. Until they improve it, its side lined. I only use Scout class for solo VT farming, again it’s too squishy for me to take into a match.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen people use both classes really well and survive engagements. I just prefer a little more health to spare when I’m in melee.

2 Likes

I feel you, I run a Scout. Some games I dance all over the Pred other games I’m dead before I can do jack squat.

Why wouldn’t you just say it’s like Yautja’s bane for your secondary?

I was scrolling and it was the one I landed on first. I could make a note but seeing as Heavy hitter works on AI and Bane doesn’t, I think it’s the more appropriate one.

Interesting point though.

PS. It would bump the Assault total up to 22 which is more inline with the Recon.

Touché.

1 Like

To the contrary, Assault, I believe is the most broken FT Class in the game. Don’t believe me? Check this out. This Loadout is only severely broken because it not only boosts both of Assault’s passives, it also just makes them Predator Killing Machines with addition to boosting the ZR-55’s already bonkers DMG output.

Assault Passives:
+Hipfire Accuracy / +Secondary Weapon Damage

Weapons: AR-W / ZR-55

Gear: doesn’t really matter too much

Perks:
Yautja’s Bane
Weapons Training
Action Hero.

Why Tho?
You see, this Assault Loadout works because it boosts several things while also combining them.

1. Hipfire Accuracy Passive + Action Hero Perk:
    It’s not exactly what you’d think to be important, but in reality, every bullet matters. Why not make sure you hit even your blind shot with Action Hero? Dead centermass, always.

2. ZR-55 + Secondary Weapon Damage + Yautja’s Bane= ?:
    DEATH. Self explanatory. You wanted a double DMG boost on your ZR-55? Here you go.

3. Weapons Training + AR-W + Yautja’s Bane:
    The AR-W hits like a brick and has the kick of a unruly horse. Make it purr more like a loyal car and enjoy most of your shots hitting (if you have good aim, lol)

Thanks. That’s my new pointman loadout. My recent sniper loadout has new and dexterous so I can stay mudded up, but you’re right. Bane isn’ta big boost, but, with the passive, it helps the zr55 get a second wind without reloading. Perfect for quick claim hungry predators.

I don’t expect it to remain this powerful soon if the patch in two days time has anything to say about it, but we’ll see.

The assault class is one of two classes capable of using the med kit without major sacrifices. I think its good.

Yeah. True. I hope there is a huge meta shakeup.