Assault rifles test: Damage/DPS/Range

The predator can put as much effort as leaping in and flooring the entire team with melee (aka smashing 1 button). You issues with effort apply with teams of competent people. Against randoms he has nothing “stacked” against him.

If the timer runs out, the predator wins? So what he hides? Am I missing something?

I’ve told you for months there are other factors then OMG I can’t beast teams of “arrows”.

PS. I think you’ve missed me addressing the issue with premades destroying preds. You need to balance premades but not effect randoms. If you balance like YOU want, hitting the que if you’re not in a premade would be an exercise in frustration.

Xian , fireteam didnt need all of the buffs they received. Also you think that ft in random is frustrating but you have never played Predator. I can garantee you Pred is 800 times more frustrating than fireteam.

Thank you for your properly formatted data! This definitely confirms my suspicions that the Pitbull tends to consistently underperform and the extra mobility it offers (as listed) is hardly worth the inaccuracy. Unless I’m so far out of the loop these days that the Pitbull doesn’t count as a ‘bullet’ weapon for Impenetrable.

Being mindful, of course, that things like reload speed (empty mag vs partial empty) and recoil can seriously affect these numbers in actual gameplay.

Right, it’s a problem when pred uses only button but when ft only uses one button, that’s perfectly fine.

No, the balance I want wouldn’t fuck over randoms, because it’s not meant to favor either side entirely, its actual balance.

Furthermore, specializations haven’t really helped low tier players.
So what sense does it make it all, to add nothing to help them, and just add shit that good players will abuse to basically at this point break the game?

Which is why I’ve been saying this game needs a rework as of late.

You, like pretty much ft main, have an extreme bias.
Right now, there is no balance.
Ft holds all the advantage.

We need something to balance it out.
Arrow isnt the only good player btw.

That is the main problem, they refer to me and my team like if we are the only 4 dogs killing Predators. There are tons of players that wins 99,9% od their games as ft (even in solo). And I tell you, they fireteam “main” , as you described them, win 99,9% too. They usually said that game is frustrating in solo but they still win 99% of their game, which is hypocritical. The proper term is not Fireteam main, but fireteam one trick, even worse. Being ft main means that you play like 60/40 or 70/30. All of these people that defend balance are player that used to queue as ft 100 times out of 100, they played pred like 2/3 times since day one. Fireteam was in advantage even 3 months ago, now is not even a videogame any more. I am surprised that people defend the current balance because is not even fun anymore to play ft in solo, because your 3 randoms will kill the Pred when you search for veritanium 😂. Now the game is super dead and there are less players but back to 2/3 months ago there many more good players that could easly solo killed the Predator, and of course many more squads.

1 Like

More like 4 months.
But I feel too many like can want to focus on certain players, instead of just focusing on the characters themselves.

But I’m sure you’ve noticed it too.
All the the buffs they keep giving ft are not helping the lower tier players.

So literally, these insane buffs are pointless.

Idk man.
We can only hope pred gets something to help him out next update.

I think the buffs to thick skin, double time,(patch 2.0) and the addition of non damage based specializations were a good way to help low tier players.

Unfortunately, including the extreme damage stacking of specializations like leader, deadly, sniper, and dualist was a very bad idea for high tier gameplay, including the fact that support, assault, and scout all received strong rework buffs in the same patch.

I mean you still play pred right?

Have you seen it help randoms?
Cause from the matches that I’ve played, which have been quite a few since the most recent patch, I still see these players have no hope.

Even with specializations.

It’s somewhat helped mid tier players, but, it’s not really making them any better or smarter, all that’s going on with them is that they have gimmicks they can rely on to make up for everything else they lack.

Which really bothers me.
Pred in order to win has to play smart, be extremely careful, ect.

Ft doesn’t at all.

Idk man.
It’s like I told arrow, at this point just give pred something to even the playing field.

Preferably something new.
Like new mechanics.
Something to make it feel that when you’re playing pred, you ARE the pred.

I got nothing specific in mind,
I just want the match to feel even lol.

I like it this way, when I’m playing predator. Of course you still defeat potato teams, it just extends the match a little, which I think is a good thing.

I agree. This has been an issue for a while. Something as simple as marked targets receive more damage, would incentivize more stalking, and maybe even adding ways for the predator to increase in strength over the course of the hunt would make for a better experience.

So doesn’t this also show that the weapon stats shown ingame are wrong? I know g-row has both higher damage and fire rate than AR which means that at least at point blank range g-row should always deal more damage. Right?

You would think so, but illfonic has their own special way of doing things.

tick skin and double time heleped low tier players but the all of the damage buffs they did to fireteam damage were game breaking at high level and useless for noobs. Plus the range weapons nerf was one of the worst change I have ever seen in this game. Plasma pistol unnecessary nerf, the Bow should never be nerfed but only buff because is the hardest weapon in the game, combi throw nerf absolutly stuopid, they could have nerfed the headshot but the bodyshot now is garbage. UAV was helpfull for noobs but none of the specializations perk are good for low tier players and they are all game breaking for high level (and intermediate now). Not to mention that the support class completely removed the fun part of this game, just by existing; you need 1/2 more shots to kill everyone and he can still pick up every one in 1 second , plus the sustain he gives to the team. Non sense.

1 Like

not to mention that the Pred cloak buff didnt help that much for high level and make all the things harder for low tier fireteam players. So basically they did everything wrong. They should have nerfed the damage by a lot and remove this shit full invisibility while running and leaping at 45 meters. The Predator should be easier to detect for low tier players because no matter what buff you make for the cloak or sounds it will still be easy for high level Player to find the Predator because in this game YOU HAVE TO GET CLOSE AT SOME POINT. You dont have an hitscan sniper as Predator, you can only poke from distance but you cans ecure any kill (against high level players). At this point just make the game easier for low tier fireteam by nerfing cloak and nerf the damage by a lot for helping high level players. It will be much better than the current state of the game, I am 100% sure.