Assault rifles test: Damage/DPS/Range

Because Hammerhead and GOSL always been the best 2 rifles in the game since release.

The 0 meter test is kind strange for me. I will see 2 meters and 3/4 meters because in this game there are some weapons that have huge damage drop from 3 meters to 3/4 (like G ROW). As for my test with Pitbull and gosl the distance I used are probabily the most accurate (plus the addiction of 2 meter distance) because in the game you shoot mostly from those 3 points.

2 Likes

Pre 2.08

Why not the AR-W, massive close range DPS and still maintains decent damage at 25m.

Because people cant aim so I based my assumption on the large portion of player base (99,9%). Plus bad reload speed and mobility stats. Ak is my best assault rifle but unless you fight a Predator that like to play a lot close range, HH and GOSL-R are just better. Also I will add that the G-Row need the same buff that the AK got, 45 ammunition from small packages.

1 Like

Also one more broken thing. You know of course that small percentage applied to a big number is more efficent compared to use bane on QR-4.

Assault class + triple damage buff and GOSL (or SAWZ) is insanely broken. To this, imagine playing in 4 premade and having one Sniper perk + one Leader perk. You will shoot basically with a nuclear alien weapon like in Crysis. I tell you a secret, we already done this, I was the Pred. As soon as I downed one guy I got second winded in like 1,5/2 seconds, not more. You have the time to shoot once maybe twice and then itā€™s second wind. The damage is just insane. Neither specialization perks for Pred could compensate this huge gap, unless they will put 30/40% damage reduction or something. This is the reason why for now I am not playing PHG and came back to DBFZ and Tekken. Some times Paladins with my Overwatch friends.

3 Likes

The AR-W is best in close combat but GOSL and Hammerhead are best overall. Unless you get a predator that insist on melee youā€™re better with one of the other 2 weapons. Now considering the burst in this game, if he comes close, he MELTS so he has to range. In the current meta AK is not as good as the other 2.

1 Like

This is awesome
I wish Iā€™d known this sooner

1 Like

Thank you for this, Skep!

1 Like

Looking at this Iā€™d say the damage per single clip should only ever reach 200 or 250.

X 2 or 3 ppl this still way more than enough damage.

That would be way too little damage. If Iā€™m understanding you, that would be like giving predators 6x more health.

It would force ft to work together.
Which is what this game needs.

A single person nor 2 honestly should be able to sw pred in one clip.

They would have to nerf predator melee hard to compensate.

1 Like

Not really.

Melee damage nerf is what that game needed since the start. But devs are retarded and users of forum cry babies. " We want the Predator more range based" Illfonic told. But they nerfed all range weapons amd buffed the already super op elder sword and buffed alpha sickle from a decent weapon up to a broken one. Melee should be reduced in damage (wrist blade as well) , range weapons of pred need buffs (caster instead need nerf) and in the end nerf the over all fireteam damage by at least 30%.

Nah, the problem is people want melee to be useless.
None of the melee weapons are op.

If you balance the game around 4 people working together, randoms will never win. Good predators even now have good win rates vs randoms.
You need to understand that the fact that predators have no need to work with anyone is a big bonus to them. Coordinating with 3 other people is far harder then doing it withā€¦ Well, with yourself.
For randoms, at most 2 people SHOULD be able to take him him down if they are good enough. If you donā€™t balance it that way, there is no reason to even que unless youā€™re running a premade.

The only way you can balance this game at this point is to balance it around if its or not a premade. Give bonuses to preds if 3 or more peeps are in a premade.

Superb work.

Now do the SMGs. šŸ˜

Itā€™ll have to wait. Two weeks away from home for the holiday.

Iā€™ll have to see if I can get my brother to do it.

So why does pred have to put more effort than ft?
Why cant we make it an even playing field?

Iā€™ve had two matches where I had one guy hide at the end and all they did was hide.

The only reason it wasnt a team wipe, was because of specializations.
It isnt fair, or balanced, that the only reasoned the last guy survived was because of a gimmick.

The timer ran out, so it wasnt a win for them, but neither for me.

I have told you for months, you cant make it so good players have an extreme advantage just cause randoms suck.

They suck for lack of effort, not because the odds are stacked against them.
Unlike pred, who has everything stacked against them.

If would be a completely different story if pred had something to deal with the bullshit.
You know, like traps that werent a piece of shit.

More weapons and gear designed against fighting multiple enemies.
If status effects werent such a fucking joke for pred.

At a certain point I get tired of bring at a disadvantage for stupid reasons, not because the other side was smart or did well.

And also, as far as your precious randoms go, for the most part I usually just let lower tier players do the mission.

Those guys are irrelevant, they donā€™t count.

But when I do get into a match that actually does count, I want an even playing field.
I dont want to be at a disadvantage because of bullshit and gimmicks.

2 Likes