Bad Blood Mode

So I know there are a bunch of topics from a few months ago about the Bad Blood mode, but I’m gonna make one again because why not.

Six FT members drop into the map as usual. They are tasked with any normal mission. If they complete the mission and successfully exfil, they win. Also, they win if both Predators die.

The normal Predator would win via the FT and the Bad Blood dying.

The Bad Blood wins if all other players are dead.

So basically, a little more than usual FT members drop into the map. Bad Blood and normal Predator are placed on opposite sides of the map. FT attempt to complete their mission, or kill both of the Predators. While this is going on, the Bad Blood and the normal Predator are hunting them down, fighting along the way.

Now of course there are a few mechanics that would need to be made for the mode.

Predator claiming - It wouldn’t be fun to just kill the other Predator and just watch it flop to the floor. Have the other Predator fall to their knees or something so that they can be claimed by the other Predator.

No more self-destruct - It would end the game too quickly if one Predator dies and immediately sets off the bomb, killing everyone in the blast. Even if you got away, the map probably wouldn’t be damaged at all because Illfonic doesn’t have the time to make burnt / destroyed bits of the buildings and jungle.

Bad Blood loadout - Allow the player to designate a specific Predator loadout as a “Bad Blood loadout”. This would give the Predator a few different Bad Blood classes, which would basically only give slightly different stats than the default classes. This would also give them some Bad Blood exclusive customization options, like a few different masks to choose from, a few different war paints, tribal-esc weapon skins, a few different armor shaders, and exclusive weapons (some default weapons would be locked).

Side note - Bad Blood loadouts could be used in any other mode, with the same Predator mechanics (self-destruct and stuff), but still have the classes’ unique customization and stats.

Stat wise for the Bad Blood classes -

These classes could have different names, but I’ll just call them whatever class they’ll have the closest stats to.

Berserker Bad Blood - Four in health, two in gear, three in energy, two in speed, and two in stamina.

Hunter Bad Blood - Three in all categories. This class is mainly for those who want to have the same stats as an average Predator, but want to look like a Bad Blood and have the exclusive weapons.

Scout Bad Blood - Two in health, four in stamina, five in speed, and four in gear.

These could be changed if it does become a real thing, but it was what I thought was fitting for the stats.

Aesthetic wise for the Bad Blood classes -

Any tribal looking armor, with some bones and maybe heads on the armor.

Examples :

And of course your good ol’ uhh… Bad Blood? I don’t know what else to call him apart from Bad Blood to be honest.

This fella could be the DLC that launches with the Bad Blood mode. You guys can decide on what his class-specific stats he has and what early-access weapon he comes with.

*I want to make it clear that none of the images above are mine

So yeah. I would really like to see this stuff in-game, and it could be a little side project for Illfonic.

Please consider this suggestion @IllFonic, I would appreciate it beyond belief. I wrote a lot for this and found a lot of images for this.

Poll time!

• I like this suggestion, this would be really cool if it were added!
  • I like it!
  • It would be cool I guess.
  • Neutral / mixed feelings about the suggestion.
  • I would not like to see this in-game.
  • I really do not want to see this in-game.
  • I do not like this suggestion at all, please shut up.

0 voters

3 Likes

How do you keep the predators from teaming up?

How do you keep the FT from teaming up with the Predator in a normal match?

I know!

The Enforcer can’t dmg FT

I think self destruct should stay in (its not a lot of work for illfonic to just do something lazy like blacken the map area, add some fire, and remove foliage. Maybe give an option to claim or detonate the dead pred bodies. Enforcers anyone?) and I think objectives for the pred should remain open ended as it would make gameplay more dynamic to see whether the preds turn on eachother or not, but I was always of the opinion that it should be more of a chaotic Predators drop in battle royale rather than a strict pvp mode. Bear in mind yes the preds can team on the FT but the FT can also team with a predator if the opportunity presents itself, chances are everyone just turns on eachother though. Or create some optional mission that disables friendly fire if you want to be strict about it.

Preds would also need gear and perks that are actually good for hunting other preds if its their playstyle.

1 Like

i’m going to start adding things to this topic because this would be awesome in P:HG right about now