Balancing PS4 vs PC

Yea keyboard mouse is more responsive but it’s not as much of a game changer as performance

Go ahead give em aim assist just make it an option

Its true that aim assist must not un-cloak the predator (good point!) - but from my POV it would not be necessary to make the cross hairs sticky. It would be sufficient, if a real SHOT would be corrected the last pixels…

The mouse is undoubtedly far better in aiming - this is due to the fact, that one can change its speed during aiming (in a quite natural way) - starting with a high speed to roughly get to the target and ending with a low speed to do the fine adjustment.

If we talk about all that balancing, e.g. nerfing this or that, we have to take into account, that balancing things for PC players yet may dis-balance things for PS4 players - and vice versa - (in particular) due to the differences in controlling. Disabling crossplay would not change this - as Illfonic won’t program two different versions (PC/PS4) of the predator hunting grounds.

So, yeah, from my POV, before balancing the game ‘further’, they have to think about adjusting the controlling differences FIRST - which from my POV at least means: aim assist for PS4 guys.

Please mind to, that some sort of aim assist already exists - for the predator in close combat; this is quite funny, because I think, that this is (maybe the only point) were the PS4 controller might has an advantage over PC (you have more directions you can control at the same time during hurry-scurry) - maybe the PC fraction has a better lobby at Illfonic…

1 Like

@Skoo: sounds quite interesting (and might explain, that some guys are very good at spotting completely invisible preds) - could you please explain this “strafing” (while aiming) thing a little - for a guy, who is not a native speaker…?

@BadBlood: may I ask - do you mean perfomance in terms of graphics (e.g. 30 instead of 60FPS - or the blurring thing; I guess both are especially quite bad for me personally…) or is there anything other to take into account here?

I’ll make a video, today. Basically, if you are moving your character to the side, your aim will stick to the predator.

1 Like

I mean 10fps instead of 60 or even 30

Woah, really? Does the PS4 sometimes just has 10FPS in this game? By the way, does anybuddy know how to measure this with PS4 (Pro)?

I don’t know the exact number but it’s frequently like looking through a flip book

At least this would explain why I sometimes have such great difficulties in spotting the predator or even in keeping the orientation/overview…

As I have the Pro it might be significantly worse with the normal PS4, right?

It’s the same because there isn’t support for PS4 pro with this game

Ah…

This thread has that video I promised.

1 Like

That’s…incredible - I will test that the very next time with my friend in a private match.

It is unbelievable; in some games I sweared a lot, feeling, that my movements somehow -without obvious reason- have been slowed down significantly from time to time - maybe that had to do with what you describe? As it was right in a face to face battle with the pred…

Whatsoever, I guess I am not able to understand this effect completely - before testing it for myself :)

Excellent hint! Thanks a lot for making that great video man!

1 Like

We have talked about a lot of disadvantages for PS4 players - there also is one advantage: in melee, a PS4 soldier is better in hurry-scurrying to avoid the slashes of a predator - as he has more axes under control at the same time, right?

I tried that out today and was quite pleased with the outcome… I will practice that. If someday I get it right to hit the correct attack buttons at the same time too - man, the predator will fear me :) Hooyah!

I am more and more getting the impression, that the game balance is not bad - not even between PS4 and PC (as PC seems to have advantages in ranged attack whereas PS4 seems to have advantages in melee).

When all players are PS4 the balance seems to be OK. A lot of narrow matches then.
But if PC players join the party, in the last days I experienced two quite different situations:

1. quite alike said situation with PS4 - naturally with other playing styles

2. PC players with super-human abilities; some see you when that should not be possible - always; some hit the target with EVERY shot; some are cloaked without any clicking noises; some move and/or shoot faster than it should be possible

Therefore, since today I assume, that most of the balancing discussion could be replaced by a cheating discussion. If there are super-humans out there, some should also be found in the PS4 community – where I did not experience such extremes until yet.

Anybody out there with a similar experience/conclusion?

If keyboard and mouse were implemented on ps5 for all fps titles. I woulnt but a pc again. If you could get pro x model with higher end nvidia cards… that would sell me

Thought alike you quite a while… Took me a while to get a little comfortable with a controller. Now I might even like it - as its im-precision might even be more realistic than the precision of a mouse in the end… And if ALL players just would have controllers, there would not be any problem at all. Nevertheless, aim assist would improve the game…
Big plus with a controller: you can sit on the couch, feet up and play relaxedly…

no boasting i was 110 in the world out of 5million people on x360 advanced warfighter. So i know what a controller feels like… no thanks.

From the competitive POV I agree; I just play for fun (and I am far from being in any ranking at all… maybe the 110 from the bottom of the listing:), so I do not mind losing more often than with a mouse. I just prefer to play in a veeeery relaxed body posture – which would somehow be difficult with mouse and keyboard on my knees :)
I have accepted the controller as a ‘handicap’ and as an additional challenge. Nevertheless, aim assist would help…

not against it at all, just when they say nerf predator or this or that im like listen… you can be a lot more competitive if you drop the controller… If a pc pred beats you… dont take it to heart.

1 Like