Bring back the fear.

I think you’re missing the point of what is deemed grotesque and what makes you jump out a balcony window.lol.

I guess if your definition of fear is figuring out the puzzle that is defeating your opponent, then i guess sure…lets OP the everything.

Fear is different than scares. I think we need more scares. Fear is inevideble…just use the playstation controller.

I don’t see people demanding insane buffs for the fireteam, do you? That’s the point. Nobody is saying FT has insane challenge or whatever.

There is no fear? Good, why would I fear the predator? Dutch defeated him unarmed and Danny Glover (forgot the character name) was chasing the predator like a little pussy, then owned him in melee combat. Every God damn movies had predator bodies dropping, Dutch in the lore is HUNTING predator and taking them as trophies.

I seriously think you people are playing the wrong game or having weird expectation of this franchise.

1 Like

Then define how you want the “fear” to be? Fear his power when he is close? Read above what I said to Grimm.

Fear should be a build up of some narrative. It could always help in this game. Its psychological…there is no need to do a puzzle to build a fear situation. You either succeed or fail. Fear is the build up to that puzzle scenario --its whats at stake.

1 Like

The only games that can summon some type of fear are single player games. Something like Aliens Isolation (up to when you get the flamethrower, then its back to fearing nothing). I don’t see how you can bring fear into this game man and quite frankly that is not why I play it. I do some other pvp games, like Red Dead Online. The other guy can just about kill me in a second, still why would I fear it? Its a game and it takes a lot of narrative to build some fear into a person, its very hard to do, that happening in multiplayer games? Good luck with that one man. Not even Friday the 13 (the game) bring the “fear”. When I played it with some friends we were laughting all the way.

1 Like

Thats the challenge for the developers.I hope they continue to add more narratives…more details…more realism…and such. Right now the game stands pretty fascinating in terms of gameplay. If they constantly debate and change ratios and percentages…my god its a waste of time and money and resources or if they do it autonomously, than all the power to them. That would be cool but endlessly changing ratios and percetanges is not the point of game development. Thats a waste of money.

They are not capable of delivering anything more. Of that I am sure. As long as they keep adding a few more maps and fix as many bugs as possible I will be happy with the product I got.

Even the game as it is and I am sure its much more then they can handle, I don’t think they believed they will sell as much as they did.

Ppl will want more weapons and perks and gears and such…ppl will have to adapt. So there is constantly changing gameplay scenerios anyways so long as there is a desire for it.
They wont just bend to the ‘ask’ or favours of the community because they have a much larger development plan.
The new map will make things impossible for some ppl, and they will have to make some changes. Then they will add a new weapon and consequently will have to make some new changes.
They cant just change ratios and percentages on a whim because joe blow says so on the forums. Their QA department already are their 1st phase joe blows.

Replace the word fear then to better understand the perspective. Call it tension, apprehension, whatever. The point is back when the game released contact with the Predator both sides were on their toes and it was a lot more exciting. Now with the state of the game, two competent fireteam members can completely stall the Predator while the other two chase butterflies unless the pred is hardcore. I liked the game better then as opposed to now.

New weapons, skins, gear… Yeah… They are capable of those things. Reworking the entire game to make it more about stealth and fear? I don’t see them able to do it or even be up to the challenge considering the costs of such a thing.

Did you really play this game at the start? Any good team would destroy the predator man… The devs had to constantly nerf the FT and buff the pred to make it close to a balance fight.

Also and yes, 2 GOOD FT members can stall the pred if he is not good. Find a good predator and he will blow those 2 people out of the water. Now 4 man PC death squads… That’s another thing but even in those scenarios, when faced with an equally good predator, 2 people don’t stand a chance, they need all 4.

I’ve played since launch, played the trial weekend. Yeah that did happen, also because their was a bit of a learning curve on the pred side and honestly yeah matches back then were based on the Predators ability. It’s more frequent FT has it’s way with Pred now than then.
It sounds like your perspective is that if you’re not great at predator, don’t bother playing it. Which is kinda a bad direction I feel. As a FT main do you truly feel challenged anymore playing this game?

Yeah, would be good to have time for fear… In all that bustling hurry-scurry you do not have time to enjoy the atmosphere right.

Playing slowly is not really possible/wanted by the game design. That would change massively, if Illfonic would allow to select the duration of the game individually (lets say 10, 20, 30, 60 mins or alike).

I would love longer games where you could sneak around, observe, study the opponent, plan traps, enjoy the thrill of the clicking noises in the trees above you…

But instead everything/body is just in a hurry all the time. Hurry is a killer of atmosphere from my POV :)

But, who knows, maybe I played to much single player titles in the end…

Any good team would destroy the predator man

A good FT is your perspective man. Anyone who has played this game knows matchmaking determines it. A predetermined Party is a cheat if you know what makes players good.

But you dont even account for …play “moods” because apprently they can swing for any god given reason. Like chasing after a pig.

Dude, I am only speaking about FEAR. Not how difficult it should be for the predator. Any decent predator (not anywhere close to “great”) is going to get a lot of wins because so many FT people are potatoes.

Do I feel challenge? Depends on the skill of the predator and the potatoes I am with (I only run FT). Yes, I can feel quite challenge in certain situations but its rare, I will admit. I win the vast amount of my games but take predator mains from this forum and ask how much they win. I’ve seen numbers like 80%, 90% and when dealing only with randoms numbers like 99%.

I don’t know where you’re going with this discussion. Its looping itself into a corner.

Yeah, its my perspective but at the start of the game the predators where the ones getting hunted. I did not play this game from the start but I’ve seen videos of how easy it was to chase down the pred and kill him.

As for where I am going with the discussion… People ask questions, I answer. Take the thing you quoted above, its what the other person broth into the discussion, not me. I just addressed it.

again…this is your perspective. And any new match will determine where this will go.
Lets just base FEAR to what is hardcoded…like cinematics…details in models and deathss…and such.

Wait did Pred’s stop being afraid… well, we’re gonna have to go put that fear right back in them then aren’t we!

Wait this is about FT being scared. My bad wrong thread, 😝.

5 Likes

I respect the idea. I would like fireteam to be far more terrifying and less purely gung hoe. I would also like predator to hit harder than they do now.

That being said I think your ideas on how to achieve this are not good. Most of these things were nerfed for one reason or another. Im not saying that some cant be reverted. But there are better ways to bring back the fear as you say.

1 Like