Bring back the fear.

What’s goin’ on, Forum-dwellers? - it’s ya boi GtLC comin’ atcha with another Buff Pred thread. Be sure to smash that like button and subscribe for more content.

Regardless of commentary on balance, I’m outlining what I want them to bring back or add to the arsenal of my sworn nemesis. Feel free to add your own things, or to tell me to stick it.

I say all of the below because it will improve my experience with the game as a FT Main. I rarely play Predator in QP, because it is often not sufficiently challenging. No sport. I only play Pred in Private against coordinated FTs. I’m not elite by any means, but I know Preds that are elite, and to see them back in their former glory would be rewarding for me.

Here goes -

One shot, full charge Plasmacaster
Reduce the splash damage if you’d like, but make a direct hit an immediate down.

OG Combistick
Life just isn’t the same without the fear of the combi. I typically parry the 3rd hit of the combi in order to keep the Pred in melee with me while my team is melting him, it used to leave me with somewhere around 60ish health as a support. Today, the same number of attacks leaves me with 126 (granted I’m running Thick Skin, but still)

Full Damage Roof Slam
Keeps the FT idiots out of buildings except to do objectives. FTs own buildings now, because the Pred cannot launch an attack on them when they are entrenched, not flush the out without sacrificing a significant portion of his or her health.

Indestructible Traps
I get the sentiment, but I don’t think you should be able to shoot them. Perhaps trade a frag for a trap? Otherwise, indestructible again.

Give Pred the option to throw every melee weapon
It would add to the utility of every melee weapon and strike fear into the hearts of us FT mains.

Bring back the OG Perk values, or add another Perk and Gear slot with commensurate buffs
Remember that Zerk with Impen, Large Pouch, and Fearless? I miss that.

Damage? Lol
Pred should be able to bring the pain. If the Pred so chooses he or she should be able to commit to downing 1 FT while sacrificing health even while surrounded by a full FT. With the way the weapons are right now, it is not always possible, and often impractical for the Pred.

I want to know that I and my team have to play right and tight in order to win. Right now, those matches are few and far between, even more so than before.

Bring back the fear.

Love,
Khi

16 Likes

Nah…I think the “come out and play” nerf of the slam on walls/ceilings is better than the “ya hide ya die” slam. Too easy to slam down single FT members doing objectives in buildings.

Maybe…honestly I think buff the traps a little but maybe not grenade level.

This might be worth it just to see someone yeet the Alpha sickle.

100% on the PC one shot, a buff to Pred health/Damage resist, rest requires more thought

5 Likes

Honestly I think you’re the only ft focused player who actually wants pred to be a challenge to fight xD.

7 Likes

This type of fear is frustration at the game play level no matter what side you buff.
Why not get them to increase the gore, environment mood…etc. That is the fear we want.

What youve suggested takes mere minutes to change…and forever to get right because everyone has different levels of suck.

3 Likes

Won’t happen but dreams are good to have man.

1 Like

I just did a sort of thread non bias plz give it a look

3 Likes

I would Love the one shot down for a full charge PC shot BUT lets make it more interesting, I say Leave the splash where it is right now it’s fine same with the damage from a body shot at full charge but add in some sort of knock down effect or major stagger/camera shake, and then if you land a full charge shot to the dome it should not only Insta down them it should outright kill them! Because lets face it guys regardless of whatever armor you got on your head a blast like that at full charge…your done son 😂😂 you could take it a small step further by making the plasma projectile actually shrink in size the higher the charge(sidenote: I also think the explosion size on a miss should stay the same as well) but this would make those fatal headshots much harder to land making them a reward for being skilled in your aim. I think it could really add a reasonable amount of fear tactics back to the Predator, because its something that every pred class can do but only if they are skilled enough to do so. Seeing that laser come down should be an OH SHIT moment regardless of how badass that FT is or thinks it is 😜 The Plasma Caster is The OG Death Bringer and should feel as such, its the weapon every Predator can use but few can Master.
steps down

2 Likes

Indestructible traps will never be seen again. The indestructible part was causing the bulletproof domes when chucked at an angle

They wanted or at least said it would be indestructible once activated but I think when they changed it. It solved the BP dome exploit but at the cost of being indestructible one activated

It’s seems like It’s the lesser of two evils To me 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Yes to all but never gonna happen. I feel no fear as FT

1 Like

Why couldn’t they have just fixed that ridiculous hit box instead? It counts both the trap range and it’s hit box as the same thing.

1 Like

Bring back old slam dmg” - Eh idk current one is good enough in my opinion honestly, maybe increase radius of it… Vertical and horizontal one due to players being hidden deep in building is just annoying.

Indestructible traps” - Yes

Damage” - Okay this one is a bit tricky… maybe too tricky… i think if ILLFONIC keeps this damage and puts an system where you have to precisely aim your gun to predators torso or head to inflict 50 - 100% full damage output to him… this will balance this game drastically to make it FAIR… cause currently this isnt fair… u can hit predators foot and it deals like full damage lmfao…

My idea was that:

Head - 100% dmg output and register
Torso - 50%
Arms/Legs - 25% damage done to predator

And maybe optionally add aim assist for PS4 players… but yeah…

OH AND FOR ALL THE OTHERS… its an YES FOR ME

1 Like

Hey I dunno bro 🤷‍♂️ I’m not a programmer so not sure what it take tbh 😅

I would love them to be the way there was but the change hasn’t effect my play style as much as I’m always hiding the buggers good n propa 😏

Exactly! Preds are little bitches. Nothing more than mosquitoes easily squashed. Make predators scary again!

2 Likes

Another crybaby demanding MASSIVE buffs to the predator. Nothing changes on this forums. I can’t even believe how many likes he got. This shows predators don’t want a challenge, just to dominate with no opposition.

2 Likes

believe me, i didnot like the post.
I still think Fear is the atmosphere, Fear delivered through the details.Fear is the amount of carcasses you see before the fight.
Fear is not how many times you can jump spam knife…or jump…jump…jump.and then jump somemore because devs made it that Predators can spam slam. whatevr.

If you want fear this is not the game for it. Friday the 13 is a horror movie. Predator movies where SF/Action movies where a bunch of marines fought an alien. I watched the movies as a kid, nothing to fear. It had massive amounts of jokes (first one) and Arnold so… This is a an action game, not an horror.

I like it for what it is. I have quite a few other games for “fear”.

2 Likes

If you buff pred hp by 400. Your back to normal. Prepatch. Thats the amount of hp increase is needed otherwise it will remain this way till us pc players find something better

Its still fear…i mean you’re not the only age group playing this.

1 Like

Eh you could say the same about fireteam. Playing fireteam is about as easy as a kids puzzle game. The only challenge is with your teammates. Do they suck or are they competent?

And he’s right. There is no fear for the FT. Every time a pred dies I just can’t help but roll my eyes at how unchallenging it is to kill one and how common it is. Killing one should be exciting, difficult, rare. But it’s far from that. It happens nearly every damn match for goodness sake and when what’s supposed to be a huge threat is reduced to nothing more than the fireteam’s joy toy that breaks easily, then all fear and anxiety is ripped from the game.

Fireteam is without challenge. Challenge is what ignites anxious and tense matches. Only way you’ll get those matches is playing as predator which is not how it should be for a so called “power role.”

4 Likes

I don’t know man. I found nothing “fearful” in any of the movies or AVP games I’ve played. Perhaps the first AVP with the bips when playing marine and it was because of the xenomorphs.