Celtic Predator from AVP would be great

I bought this game when it was released but I haven’t played it in few months. I have a feeling that there are many like me. I hope Illfonic releases more movie skins. They would get people back and would bring new players. I bought City Hunter skin and it was great. Celtic Predator would be awesome and I really like the design.

Edit: I fixed a typo.

10 Likes

More than likely it will be Scar but they may add in the masks of the other two young bloods since they all basically wore the same armor so you may more or less get what you want whenever they release it 👍😁

2 Likes

Yeah, but would he be like the one from the movie and be so dumb he died easily, but seriously doubt we will get anything from the AVP universe since different IP’s all together. Plus, they need to focus on balancing, fixing the game, and bring in more stuff from this IP. AVP stuff would be an entirely different game

1 Like

Agreed except its basically confirmed(unless they planted false data of course) that Scar will be coming in along with the Shuriken and possibly the Plasma Caster from AVP as well, BUT I would much prefer them to FIX the game first and get it running smoothly then add in any more content that may break it further…

2 Likes

Could be false Data, only because they do put things in to throw people off to what is actually coming. Kinda like Viking was completely unexpected, haven’t seen any of the new masks that were leaked, and some of the stuff was scrapped entirely. Never know, but technically nothing with xeno’s could be brought into the the game as far as I know because Predator, AVP, and Xeno’s all have different IP’s. Even though they do have crossovers, still separate IP’s from base predator.

And unless they dish out a ton more money to get the AVP IP too I don’t see them adding anything from that universe.

Still would rather see bug fixes, better servers, balancing, more predator weapons ranged, better melee weapons, and some new movie Predators before even thinking about touching another IP, and maybe a big company overhaul of how things get done.

3 Likes

Except that now they are not different IPs anymore and they already had access to all 3 when production of this game started because FOX owned all 3 now Disney owns all of it including the Film, TV, and Video Game Production Studios so they don’t have to pay shit for any of it they never did its really up to what they are given access to since now the final word lies with Disney and by subsidiary Proxy with Marvel since they have dominion over the comic stories specifically. So at any point they can add in anything Alien or Predator so long as the Big Wigs say ok.

1 Like

Maybe, but feel like even though one company owns the rights to all three, still separate IP’s. And from a business standpoint better to keep them separate IP’s even if you own all three just so you can charge more if company wants access to more than one, or you can sell it to three different companies 1 IP each for maximum revenue vs selling 2 or more to one company.

Just my opinion on a business standpoint. When you think of it that way comes down to what makes the most revenue for them in the long run and you can get an idea of why they wouldn’t let illfonic touch another IP when could be used on another company for more revenue.

Feel like it’s also only given out one at a time for less legal disputes

Scar would be disappointing because he basically has the Jungle Hunter mask that we already have. They really need to include Celtic mask too if that is the case.

Scarface from concrete jungle would be dope

1 Like

I’m pretty they can include stuff on AVP movies because they are probably canon. I hope we get Shuriken. It could work like throwing the Batarang in Arkham games. It would return to you hand.

Being Canon and legal IP’s are very different things though

Ridley Scott owns Alien via Scott Productions - same company that owns Bladerunner, Gladiator etc IPs. He signed a deal that gave Fox production over AvP as a seperate franchise, not Alien. Free royalties money and he doesn’t have to consider a spinoff franchise as something that effects his movies at all. So if they throw an alien outside of a crossover title without his approval and a nice sum of money he technically could just shut it down. IE Mortal Kombat guest characters were AvP trademark, not alien and predator seperately.
They’ve always been seperate IPs, hasn’t changed just because Disney owns Fox. Fox has always owned AvP and Predator, but not Alien. AvP and Predator are seperate licenses that have to be purchased seperately because A. More Money and B. Scott has a horse in the race but has nothing to do with predator independently. Same reason AvP2010 didn’t try to throw in City Hunter or Ripley and instead just worked within their own spinoff franchise.

1 Like

Note that Eurocom’s the exception to this and was really really pushing the boundary of what’s considered a reference or homage to another IP. Basically like throwing a easter egg level full of terminators in your game and not advertising it & hoping the production studio doesn’t come down on your head for it.

What he said! hahahaha also I wasn’t aware Scott regained Alien thats makes a lot more sense all things considered but that also means they should definitely be able to use any and all AVP and Predator content respectively. So either way its up to the big wigs as to what they want to give Illfonic and with 3 possible new projects otw
Predator 5
Predators 2
And the AVP tv series
That “could” be a possible reason the content additions have slowed down if they are waiting for new marketing windows in the new year.

?!?!?!

1 Like

He never sold out alien, just took a break and let other directors have a go at it but came back to finish his prometheus scripts because his brother died and apparently he hated everything.

Sony and Sega will have to figure out the AvP thing for PHG

1 Like

Theres been an avp tv series in limbo forever because avpr was a financial fail. Since Scott’s doing his alien tv series its probably dead in the water until hes done if at all, because why would you want a competing TV series with your product in it lol

2 Likes

Didn’t know there was going to be an Alien TV series either, when was that announced

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah but they actually modelled the plasma caster. I don’t think they’d go that far just to throw people off. But this is illfonic we’re talking about so who knows.