Change 2nd wind..

…to allow Predator to attack in this state. It is ridiculously easy to kill a predator in 2nd wind so they should have the ability to fight and defend themselves from hyper aggressive FT members (like myself) who use the opportunity to run predator down and finish it off.

You could even add a temp buff to melee damage or speed for the duration.

3 Likes

I concur, my last match I killed everyone except one Dutch. He put me into Second Wind, I coulda spit on him to finish him off, but had to self-destruct to kill him at the exfil.

Yesterday I downed an entire FT just to get put in 2nd wind by a lone AI who managed to get a hit on me. By the time I healed and made it back, all but 1 FT had bled out, robbing me of the kills I earned.

HM… i think only the berzerker should be allowed to attack in second wind every other class is pretty ok unless the FT is dedicating someone or two to catching you in which case you are correct wheras the zerker if he is in second wind he is just dead unless the FT lets him go same with the samurai i suppose him too the tooltip for second wind does claim a “Burst of speed” so a movespeed buff is probably a thing already

You’re not suppose to enter second wind, if you do then your gameplay is wrong and something in it needs to be changed, you need to change tactic that is.

5 Likes

I agree with this statement.

Second wind is supposed to be a second chance to fallback and heal before you die. It isn’t an extra health bar so you can just recklessly mow through four fireteam without a care for your HP?

Berzekers would be impossible to beat! Where is the balance or challenge in that? 🤔

2 Likes

I think the only change required for second wind is to get rid of it. Downs for the FT too. If your health reaches zero you’re dead. You fucked up. I would keep reinforcement totally as is though if this were implemented. I honestly think that would make the game more fun. A lot more tense for both sides.

1 Like

They should also remove the glowing. It makes no sense at all

1 Like

I really wanna see (for berserker class) rage wile In second wind so he can’t take damage for 5’s (so he can run away or stay and fight) and have a more increased melee buff

1 Like

I’d at least like to cloak and climb a dang tree in second wind! I’d take that all day long.

1 Like

I disagree.

1. Predator wouldn’t have to attack in that state but having the option would be nice. They would also continue to take damage if they chose to stay and fight rather than retreat. Risk vs reward.

2. A berserker would not be impossible to beat. It is very, very, easy to kill a predator after they enter 2nd wind. My buddy and I did it like 15 times in a row yesterday. The fact they have no way to defend themselves while in that state makes it so much easier.

1 Like

Honestly that would make both sides les ornery and definitely make things more suspenseful.

Hahaha. Way to use ornery in a sentence

Well it’s true ain’t it? XD

Here’s the problem…if you don’t enter second wind your Predator body just goes down in a flailing lifeless death…and the words “You Died” maybe comes on the screen but its not a given.
What does the FT see?
A gunshot hit and YOur lifeless body crumpled like an NPC…with no emote…no suspense…and well. basically a dramaticless- anti climax.
just because you want to duke it out doesn’t mean it won’t suck for everyone else.

You MUST be given the option to GTFO and SW or stay and Self-Destruct which I think is what is currently in the game already.
Without this, then alot of games will NEVER have that climax feeling of disarming the bomb.
You’ll just have those funny ragdoll dead predator picks everyone posts. I’m sure nobody gives a fuck about those anyway.

– but when you don’t self-destruct we blast Preds anyway and they DO go down like a ragdoll.
So i guess there is no win here for a Pred that is allowed to continue to fight.
And the slight chance you can off another FT member with 1% health, well you should have thought about that Mr. SLICEx3 and their down.
It generally WILL look horrible either way.

Get rid of reinforcements because nobody comes back in the Predator galaxy, add attack to second wind so Predator can at least defend, keep damage output the same for the Predator and allow to cloak. NERF KNIFES, 50% of current damage output and add stagger to FT member if they parry a Predator’s attack.

This BS of the super knives needs to end. It is BS to be able to parry a healthy Predator. Part 2 the Predator was already half dead by the time the main character was able to parry his claw attacks and he parried those attacks with a smart disc as well, but even then he got winded by those parries against a wounded Predator.

I’m against letting the Pred continue to attack while second winded, run away and heal, you don’t want to be chased don’t push hard enough to get second winded. It has to be a back and forth or it stops being fun.

Parry is required, if they take it away Pred health needs to be low enough for one player to push them off, then it’s no fun for the Pred player, so get over it.

Well would be nice to run but when there are jump glitches happening that stop you from getting away, yeah kinda negates the run away and heal part.

2 Likes

This game needs a complete rework, it should be more like Dead by Daylight or Friday the 13th. I get that the Predator is not a supernatural being but also a Predator’s skin and muscle mass also allow for more punishment then what this game allows. To down a Predator should be based on a total tally of all the damage they have obtained during the match in a final battle sequence. A boss battle type end to the match not this knife, and sniper and ak BS that we are currently forced to swallow. The Predator is the BIG BAD in this not the fireteam. This game will die out very fast if things are not changed to fit that scenario. People buy Predator games to play as the Predator not some BS overpower humans. If that was the case then they should have added space weapons and other overpowered gear not super knives that can parry a shot from a 400 to 500 pound Predator. Enough is enough with this balance BS and the Git Gud crap. This game sucks playing as a underwhelming Predator… PERIOD!!!