City hunter a doofus?

What was up with the city hunter and some of the stuff he did? Like why didn’t he skin that first body they found? Also why lead Harrigan straight back to your ship? I know ur arms cut off but fuck bro

1 Like

Well he was disarmed, so he had to resupply at the ship.

3 Likes

Time (and it barely makes him dumb)

Either

A. He didn’t think Harrigan could catch up

B. He planned to ambush him so it didn’t matter.

C. If he does die then at least on the ship the OWLF doesn’t get his tech. So actually all bases covered that was smart

3 Likes

Never considered that! Great point tbh

For real? I kinda considered he maybe hung it up as a threat then as the scene ends you see him drag it up from the roof off screen, so maybe he’s takin it to claim

Just watched that movie last night and thought it was strange

No matter the mistakes made, no predator will be as stupid as Wolf was.

He gets a lot of fanboy points for fighting the most braindead xenos we’ve ever seen onscreen that literally just stand there but guy dropped his plasma pistol on the floor and failed to self destruct. Lost his whip to the predalien immediately too. His ships still around somewhere now right? And his shurikens in a hospital wall?

Like what was his plan if the predalien didnt feel like standing there patiently watching him strip down on the rooftop lol?

2 Likes

He was a young blood and bite more then he can chew

People always say this but we really haven’t seen the older preds do any better.
Supers got absolutely destroyed in 1v1s even.
You’re going to pick that guy up and not notice hes strapped with explosives? (They fall for this twice lol).
And lose to a guy who’s missing fingers in a swordfight?

People get upset when aliens sneak up on preds and kill them but preds seriously fall for the most basic of human ambushes.

Or they die running in with wristblades like fugitive and wolf. But in their defense I think they knew they were both screwed. Fugitive wasnt running anywhere barely standing after being pulled through a wall and Wolf had 0 equipment left. But why not just blow yourself up instead of the suicide rush? CH atleast had the right idea before he lost an arm, tried to nuke instead of sprinting at glover for a fistfight.

He was a young blood he made a irrational decision and it lead to losing his arm and being followed into his ship

You answered your own question, they are supers more brawns then brain

Exactly like real hunters fighting with honor except fugitive he’s no longer canon

Of course or they would be to OP and man vs hunter would have ended the series with the first film

I don’t remember them being confirmed as stupid at all.

They weren’t particularly strong either and crucified vs Black was even enough that he started castering.

Isnt the honor in blowing themselves up? Which none of them have successfully pulled off since the first movie lol.
The real answer here is that the lore’s a mess.

1 Like

Wow , slow down there cowboy . City hunter was badass 🧐 .

People say he ran and was stupid etc ?.

He was severely compromised, he was blasted point blank range with a shotgun, he was shot in the face with nitrogen (while being a hot climate hunter) which might explain his breather ? He was caught off guard and hurled off a roof . He also got his arm lopped off and was slammed through a wall 😁 .

He was younger and took more risk than a seasoned hunter , but he paid the price . A more experienced hunter? Would have more likely played out a different outcome . Compared to jungle hunter? Ghost was mostly close quarters combat . The scorpio , Jamaicans , the subway and owlf? It was completely different to the jungle , the city settings was clearly a factor . Completely different tactics needed

4 Likes

General consensus is that the breather was for pain killers though not really confirmed.

1 Like

I always thought that , but wouldn’t it make sense that breathing in the nitrogen would fuck him up a bit? Considering they like heat?

Like if we breathe in smoke? We would need oxygen

1 Like

Everybody keeps looking at this all wrong.

He was so fucking excited about the subway and finding a literal speed runnable gauntlet level hunt that he had to run back to the ship and tell the tribe. He stopped for a bite to eat real quick and found they were trying to ambush him at his favorite steak house.
I dunno about anyone else but a buncha guys in suits waiting for me in the parking lot of my favorite steak house to jump me? Nuh uh, I’m not having that. Then he became a victim of police brutality.

He didn’t suck, he was just over excited

4 Likes

He should’ve just gone back to Denny’s with his pals and told them while eating there. Now he’ll never square up by the flag pole, he’s a square now.

2 Likes

He must have been black

2 Likes

Greatest of shames

He lost his mask

2 Likes

Twice, first his regular mask then his rebreather. Double shame, double demoralization.

2 Likes

I’m just watching it now , the pacing is really good and it adds enough onto the original idea . Love that movie as much as the first .

Plus he kills a woman on the subway 😁 at least he doesn’t discriminate.

Would anybody be interested in a watchthrough of the movie? Record a commentary?

1 Like