Cloaking after biomask destroyed

Hes talking about the game numbnuts, calm down lol

1 Like

I concur.

He had the metal ball up his butt

Like an anal plug…

They just need to completely reboot the franchise

It does not.

Predator 2 disproves it by Predators cloaking without a mask and without gauntlets (not all lost hunters have them).

The ball as seen in The Predator is or at least one way they do it and so far the only recorded way they do that.

The fish nets are apparently the temperature regulator.

2 Likes

Nice. Perfect example.

3 Likes

Oh… And for the best of surprises, those guys don’t carry the wrist conputer either…

Not that I give a shit about whether the wrist computer does or does not ‘canonically’ control the cloak, but both of the unmasked Preds there have the wrist computer on.

At this point I think you must just be trolling.

Either way, this thread is ridiculous and pointless. There is no definite cannon as to what controls the cloak, so trying to insinuate that destroying the mask in the game should disable it is disingenuous.

I’m not trolling. I just want to be sure of what it is…
And i’m not insinuating anything, because even if it’s the mask that does the cloaking, it would just be another bug/mechanic mistake on this game adding to all of those already existing.
In fact, i hope it’s really the wrist computer or something else that does the cloaking, but so far from what i’ve seen from the movies here and there and that line of Dutch makes me have doubts of what really is…

I’ve literally posted a GIF from Predator 2 show a couple of masked Preds using the cloak. That’s not to say there aren’t inconsistencies in the movies (heat vision without mask in Pred 2 also) but the whole point is you can pick-and-choose (which is seemingly what you’re doing) which things you want to take as cannon precisely because there isn’t any consistency due to the ‘lore’ not being as tightly controlled as other IPs like Star Wars/Harry Potter.

So to sum up

You’re asking a question there is no definitive answer to, but the closest to a ‘true’ answer must surely be found in the original couple of movies (as they’re the source from which the whole Pred universe came from), and they most definitely show the clock as having nothing to do with the mask.

I’ve watched that gif. I’ve watched that movie (and all the others) plenty of times.
On that case the Preds are not carrying the wrist PC and they are inside the ship that has his own cloaking. So it’s not.the best example…
But hey, i see it’s not easy to set this clear so let’s forget about this thread…

At no point in either of the first two films is the Pred ship seen cloaked or uncloaking. It’s only in later films that ships utilising cloaks appear.

And there you have another example of just how fragmented and confusing the ‘lore’ is.

1 Like

Lol this guy doesn’t watch the movies 😂😂

Perhaps i’ve watched Pred87 more times than you all movies together. I have all digital movies and i still have Pred1 and Pred 2 on original VHS tapes.

Yeah, right? I mean, the Preators are able to put a small nuclear bomb in a wrist device, but yet can’t make cloak water proof.

I think canonically the cloak should come from the armor itself and the attached battery on their backs

The backpack isn’t a battery, it’s the medical kit.

The thing on their shoulder that the plasma caster is attached to is the medical pack?