Cloaking after biomask destroyed

Each technic has some flaws for Preds it’s water.
But snow for example doesn’t effect the cloak as seen in AVP or the slaughter house in Predator 2.

That wasn’t snow in the slaughterhouse. It was dust.

Actually it was water. From the fire sprinkler system.
And it affected Predator’s cloaking.

1 Like

First its dust!

Agent Keyes! Is explaining it to Harraign that they coated the room in special dust to help pinpoint him while in the room! The sprinkler was set off after he started blasting lol!!

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s not freezing gas from liquid nitrogen? Cause they intended to freeze the Predator…

1 Like

There is that too!!

So the dust is something they pumped into the slaughter house pior to them entering the room! They intended to use the freeze guns after they trapped him in the room!

He kills a bunch and blast someone and it s
Triggers the sprinklers, this is the first time Harragin has seen it up close! The only other time is in the subway!

So it is a combination of all three that force CH to be caught and killed!!

Also rewatched it last night after my girl made me watch the new Congering movie lol!!

As Thunder-Cats said. It was dust. It had zero effect. The sprinklers come on after that.

According to Fandom it was a Nitrogen Gun, and if it was it’s gas or liquid, not dust… But who cares?

If you go back and watch. Keyes and his guys fill the room with radioactive dust which is meant to adhere to the preds body and make him visible under the u.v lights they also installed. The plan is to freeze him once they see him. It is indeed nitrogen guns but they are merely to capture him.

The sprinklers get triggered by the caster then the pred tries to cloak but can’t because of the water. He even looks at and zooms into an active sprinkler in that moment.

Not trying to argue, just saying that’s exactly what happens in that scene.

2 Likes

Why was OWLF using freezethrowers instead of elephant tranquilizers?

They deserved to go under.

1 Like

Exactly

Maybe they didn’t want to overdose the Pred by mistake. OWLF wanted the Predator alive

Indeed. James Cameron believes in a slightly different possibility. Keyes mentions that the preds show up when it’s hot. He may have realised that they are reptilian. If you cool a reptile down, not even freeze, just cool down then they become slow and very sluggish. This would have made him easy to capture.

This seems to hold true right up to the AvP movies where we see the preds in a frozen environment. But this is more due to “artistic licence” than anything else. It would have been far more interesting if the preds in that movie used tech to stay warm.

1 Like

Budget cuts , do you think peters suits were cheap ?

Didn’t the nitrogen gun hit the sprinklers? You are right on reptiles and the cold though , it practically renders them paralysed and sluggish .

With the fact its stated more than once that the hottest weather tends to attract them? Its a logical conclusion to think nitrogen would have some impact on him .

They specifically mention it and you even see it on the monitors numerous times with any scene leading up to the trap , they spent days spraying a dust that was specifically meant to stick to his body so he couldn’t fully cloak .

Realistically, with the tec they had to track him , they should have already been in place in the warehouse for him entering . Even then , one nitrogen gun barely slowed him down but I’m guessing with more than one surrounding him they probably thought it would disorientate him , fuck knows what they intended to do from there 😁 .

Tranquillisers would have been the way to go , but they wouldn’t have any clue if such things would even work on him . They probably should have tried drugging the beef , or at least injecting the beef with thc , or hot boxing the warehouse with some Jamaican kush 🤔

Sometimes you have to take what you can get.

The cold probably has an equally high chance of accidentally killing him most reptiles go into power saving below 60 degrees f

preds showing up during the hottest parts of the year is like the minimum safe operating conditions, earth is still shit for them they dont even have enough heat to see well without the mask

1 Like

Stargazer hire this man

nobody had to die

1 Like

Trying to think back. Either way it’s the water that stops the cloak working.

But for the sprinklers now that I think carefully about it, he shoots the guy with plasma who is directly under a sprinkler and yes he does fall over while spraying nitrogen which hits the sprinkler. So yeah but I’d say that it’s maybe a combo of all the sparks and heat from the blast combined with the nitrogen that done it.

I’m not a sprinkler installer but I don’t see why a cold blast would set them off. Seems weird but it is indeed what appears to happen.

Thats exactly what i was pondering when I posted 😁.

Unless their design is to activate after a rapid change in tempreture?