Console Aiming Customization

I’ve been playing a lot of Battlefield 2042 lately, and coming back to PHG really reminded me of the stiffness of the aiming in PHG. I have 3 requests.

1. Is there any way to improve the ability to aim diagonally with thumb sticks?

2. Is there any way to add the option for a curved sensitivity for thumb sticks so minor adjustments are slower and full speed rotation is faster?

3. Finally, could fireteam get a slowdown over target for aim assist?

@OldKingHamlet
@Courier
@Kassinaillia

4 Likes

Also make it possible to build walls, like in Fortnite.

6 Likes

There is definintely a possibily to do all those things.

1. get a keyboard/mouse
  2. refer to step 1. then get gud.
  3. toss controller in the dust bin where your playstation resides.

Nah, I paid $800 for my bundle and I’m not a pretentious elitist and can appreciate all games on all platforms, so I’m good.

3 Likes

I would also like something like this, please. I’m fairly decent with the way it is now, but honestly if it could be tweaked to better resemble other console shooters, I’d be more inclined to play FT more.

2 Likes

I had gotten used to it, too, but, now that I’m playing battlefield mostly, it’s extremely hard to adjust to PHG’s stiff aiming.

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t be able to correct this. There are so many shooters out there. It’s obvious that something is off with how the game interprets input from the thumb sticks.

It’s like the dead zones are too small maybe or the input for left/right is not blending with input for up/down.

And then there’s the issue of gradual sensitivity for aiming. Most games have a ramping curve so you can have precise small adjustments to aim, but also high rotation speed at maximum input thresholds. The fact that this isn’t a thing in this game is quite a failure on the part of the developers.

I don’t know if I’ll ever play fireteam again, unless they fix this neglected feature of console aiming with an update.

I think there might be some issues with the hitboxes as well. I was using the SAWZ on a Pred in a tree directly above me, he was standing dead still uncloaked shooting plasma at my teammates, and I couldn’t hit him at all. There were no branches to block the shot, my reticule was dead on him, and I fired off several shots, but none of them registered as a hit. I think its a combination of different things coming together to make FT difficult to play compared to others.

1 Like

The trees have always been a little weird with invisible and large hit boxes. I do know from testing that the size of the hit box on predators is exactly the same as the character model. So shots can miss between the legs and between the arms and abdomen.

This also means that it’s harder to hit a scout than it is to hit a berserker, because of the different sized character models.

what bundle? dont tell me you boaght an after market limitd edition bullsht plaaystation?

Gamestop bundle. Two games, two controllers, console. I’m not that stupid.

1 Like

fo 800 dollars? oh, exqueeze me. I thought you got jipped by bying the other budle that costs like half and you get one less game.

Well, yeah. $500 for the system itself, $100 for two games, $60 for the spare controller, $50 for the year of PS Plus, and a $50 gamestop gift card, add on usual taxes and such and you get around $800.

Damn! For that much you could have gotten a nice entry level gaming PC and a ton of free games to go along with it.

Maybe. But I don’t care about PC gaming. I’m not into sitting in a chair leaning forward going cickclickclickclick. I’d rather chill on my couch. Plus I prefer console gaming, the exclusives they have, and how I don’t need to constantly dick with graphical settings and whatever else so it can run right. I get it, PC master race, whoopee, but to each their own.

What stops a PC player from sitting in front of his big screen TV using a controller? With PC you can do everything a console can plus much more.

Playing with a wireless controller sitting on your couch in front of a giant TV is something PC players can do and better still.

What? With a decent pc you can run any game just right, better than any console. We have the freedom to adjust settings in order to enjoy more beautiful graphics or get better performance. Why would anyone want to be stuck with the same settings for ever is beyond me.

Nothing. However, should you decide to play a FPS, there’s nothing preventing everyone else from using a mouse. Now you’re stuck either clicking away on a K&M, or you’re not going to be able to fully compete.

Also, like @V_Trigger said, they want to be able to reliably play their games. Not be bothered with troubleshooting.

1 Like

Your whole statement just proves me right about having freedom of choice.

And there is no troubleshooting when it comes to PC gaming, as I said, any decent pc runs any game better than any console. We “troubleshoot” as you call it because we are able to adjust settings, which is a plus of gaming on PC, not a minus.

Then why PS players in PHG constantly complain about getting blue screens?

1 Like

You’re making it seem like PS or consoles in general run games so smoothly always without any issues. Just read every thread on this forum and you’ll see that’s not the case, but nice try.