Crossplay Gaming

2 Likes

A decent point filled with narcissism and being a general bitch

Thanks I hate it

2 Likes

That article just seems biased as shit especially when they say idk any PC gamer that wants to cross play with console gamers, like okay that’s you not everyone else. I like cross play, let’s me play with friends rather than gate keeping me away from having to buy the game again but on console.

This here is where the main issue is

It’s up to developers to find ways to stop them. If console gamers had the same ways of trying to cheat games then they definitely will.

It’s a problem.
A lot of games on pc have cheaters if not every single one.
Evil dead is a good recent example.
Like the first few days had hacks running around.

But crossplay shouldn’t be a thing until developers start putting in the effort to make their games run well on every platform they sell their games on.

Console gets fucked over because pc players have a idiotic obsession with graphics and shit that doesn’t matter.
The majority of the time gameplay comes last to them.

But even games without crossplay suffer, that are on PC and consoles.
Conan exiles, warframe, generation zero, the list goes on.

They should stop making crossplay games, and just focus on single platform games.
So that way whatever platform a game comes out on, it comes out good and works well.

So pc gaming fucks over gaming in general in a lot ways.
Honestly wish they would just keep them separated.

Or devs can stop gimping PC players, the largest market and the ones with more money, by catering to console peasants and reduce the quality of our games by making sure they can run on inferior hardware.

So stfu POOR and get some PROPER gaming equipment and stop being an intellectual, physical and economic drain on society.

That falls on the developers to enforce, there are people who will always try to cheat, PC allows people the freedom to do so whereas on console people will try to do what they can to cheat.

That would apply to all aspects of the game itself not just crossplay. If the game can’t run well then don’t make it multiplayer.

You’re generalizing here. Do you know how many times I’ve seen people on console advocating for graphics, you can’t even talk about the last of us or horizon without somebody bringing up how great the graphics are despite those games shortcomings.

Besides console gets fucked over because developers are working within the confines of the consoles limits, on PC it’s up to the user to see if their game will run on their PC. If their Pc doesn’t meet the req. then they have to upgrade.

That’s all dependent on the developer, how much time they have, their budget, and their skill. Look at Halo Infinite, game had tons of time and money thrown at it yet they fucked that one up royally.

And console gaming doesn’t? I’d rather have the ability to play with friends even if they have superior or inferior hardware rather than have to rebuy everything just to play with them or be forced to keep buying things just to keep playing with them.

You’re a fucking idiot.
Dude you can calm your ass down already alright?
You act hard online but I guarantee youd get your ass beat in person that’s why your bitch ass hides behind guns.

Everytime time you open your mouth to talk shit to me all you do is show how much of a stupid piece if shit you are.

And since your reading comprehension is too low to understand what I said, it’s the same shit. We literally said the same thing.

If they focus on one platform, then we can start getting better quality products on all ends.

So considering were essentially saying the same thing, what’s the point of coming at me?

Sit your dumb ass down and learn to read.

PC gamers are the ones usually obsessed with shit that doesn’t matter when it comes to gaming so it fucks over the important shit.

I mean I hate to keep going back to it, but it’s the perfect example. Ghost of tsushima being an open world game, looks great and plays well. I think it had a few issues.

So that right there is proof that it can be done.
If they can focus on one platform it should and can play extremely well.

I mean I dont know what you want me to tell you.
Back in the day how many exclusives were there?
And they all worked well.

Games were simpler but without having to stretch the games to multiple platforms pretty sure it helped it run better.

You dont care. Which that’s whatever. Nothing can be done about that.

But I’m tired games not working well cause of all the shit I’ve mentioned.

I miss having good games.

So no. Console gaming doesn’t fuck it up.
It simply just is like it always has been.

But a bunch of new age factors definitely fuck up gaming on console. Which has always been the main place to game. People forget that. This shit started out on consoles. That’s when it took off.

The saltyness

I enjoy the “they are holding a gun to my head” mentality of thinking that’s a good enough reason to cheat like the devs are forcing people to do so.

Oh the irony.

While pointing one finger at someone else, you’re pointing 3 back at yourself 🤣

“As far as I am concerned cross-play between console and PC gamers is the worst idea to happen in video games since the loot box.”

They hated him because he was right and crossplay shooters are a meme on completely seperate playing fields.

People want to play with friends cross platform

If your able to turn it off no harm no foul, and in general the dudebis a PC elitist who also makes fun of PC elitists as if he wasn’t one of them

Except the games that don’t let you turn it off, in addition to dividing the playerbase queue.

Which already happens…

Which yes I agree, except that’s poor implementation, not crossplay being bad

As in it gives the people with crossplay off a smaller playerbase (especially if its on by default like majority of games) in their respective pools.

IE the poor suckers trying to play this on steam with crossplay off because maybe they don’t want to be thrown on the same team as the console jank.

Honestly this game is a prime example of shit crossplay, but lets take it the other direction and look at Halo.
You want to play mouse and keyboard vs other people with mouse and keyboard and instead you get to watch someones aim assist drag their crosshair halfway across the screen.
And finally the worst of both worlds, people using AA + mouse.

Any respectable game won’t have a small enough community to affect this

HEY GUYS

PHG IS A GAME THAT NEES THE ENTIRE DEFINITION OF QUALITY CHANGED AROUND IT

bugs are a good sign now

Seriously this game is shit, titanfall has a bigger community left over.

Doesn’t that happen anyways?

Implying crossplay is only on AAA games with massive playerbases that don’t see signifigant player falloff after launch.

Why is immediately sperging into a strawman your default setting?
PHG is the only crossplay game out there with high queues, ~15 min matches, less than 1000 players on average, and crossplay defaulted on? Any combination of these. The longer the matches are, the more it thins out.

Not even including games that do another split into competitive queues making the pool even smaller, and not even considering ranked matchmaking which is where queues take a huge nosedive the higher you climb. Even if you have a massive playerbase, usually around half of it is stuck in Silver.

No.

What else are you going to play?

Most indie games are PC only

You literally tried using phg, a shitty ass game as reason why this doesn’t work, when in reality, it’s phg’s own shitty nature that makes it not work.

Phg is not a good example of any type of game design

…

So how is crossplay bad then?

And yet this isn’t a major issue in practice

Especially with most people defaulting to it off anyways

Strawmanning so hard you aren’t even replying. I was listing parameters for long matchmaking times. hint: which isnt just PHG but I have a feeling you don’t play anything with split queues.

Read the entire section about ranked play again before you take half a sentence and hit the reply button.

The games in question leave it defaulted on - or are say Halo (cant turn it off) ‐ and in which case the aim assist is so insane why would you not take it into ranked queue if the bullets literally curve towards heads and winning the controller player the majority of their duels, unless ofc it involves spinning around. Major problem in which are people spoofing controllers and using mouse for the AA. Do you even play Halo?

Crossplay should be off by default, ranked play shouldnt even have it, and pc shouldnt have AA input devices.

While also saying phg is the only game with que problems

This

Does not change this

People did this in destiny though, they used controller and mouse at the same time getting both the aim assist and mouse controls so this isn’t a crossplay issue.

And having having crossplay doesn’t mean you have to give PC controllers heavy aim assist.

This is irrelevant as it was already an issue