Dead pred, dead game.

Why thank you man I appreciate it. My kid was exposed to all the cool sci-fi stuff as a child he was collecting alien and predator figurines since he’s been in kindergarten.( Still upset he broke the 3-ft alien figurine I got him for Christmas one year lol)

1 Like

Honestly you’re going to get that sort of dickish attitude from some players but legitimately the community here is not as bad as they would like you to think. They do want you to improve and they’re not going to give you s***** advice, the best advice I got was this:
Don’t engage The fire team in melee until you’ve softened them up for a while with plasma casts, they might talk s*** at you and say you’re just kiting them but don’t fall for the goading.

Next if they group up or they hide in a cave or a bunker throw a motion detector on top of it and you will start farming points off of them, then find a spot where you can hide behind a ways away and then just start charging your plasma caster, jump out and fire at the building they’re in, duck back for cover, wash and repeat.

Finally, and the thing that was the biggest turnaround for my games was this: under no circumstance try and claim unless you have everyone down, very rarely is it not a trap when someone is left lying there

3 Likes

I pretty much follow most your advice, I am a sucker for a claim but I tend to only do that if they’re scattered about.
I’m more of a reinforcement finder and then pressure two to death and fall back to reinforce and get the last two. Would love to see more variety in capable strategies for both pred and ft

1 Like

I feel you man. I was actually thinking of this thread during the match in this video, which highlights numerous issues.

1. Poor map and mission design. FT can essentially camp buildings during this mission.
  2. The reinforce radio being right there. Come on.
  3. Very, very high FT damage output
  4. How broken support with field medic is, especially TWO
  5. Predator bugs and glitches esp in trees
  6. How broken spotting is. I mean, why the fuck is this even a thing?? A green outline that let’s you see through walls and actually slows the target? That’s a garbage mechanic made 10x worse in the last patch.
  7. And last but the most egregious thing on the list: the garbage that is predator damage output. I’m pretty out of practice with the bow, but I got some clean shots. Didn’t do shit. Not enough damage per shot, instant heals, instant revives.

Now please understand, yes this is clearly a good team. Probably all on comms. But it highlights how one sided that situation is, and how utterly broken the game mechanics are. I mean no disrespect, but I would submit that this team won not because of skill, but because of game design. Simple as that.

4 Likes

Yes you are right @RekII the pred queues are really low. Nobody wants to play an unbalanced and buggy piece of shi*. I had a lot of annoying games this week with the preds…
We could give you tips, but preds will still lose against "Non-braindead players "
If you fight against premades / coordinated Teams, you have absolutley no chance…
This game is dead. I mean, i still hope for the best but its hard yk. There are good things like graphics and mechanics but everything else is trash.
Happy hunting! (Happy being melted*)

2 Likes

Yeah that was a rough one, u played well.

1 Like

I hate feeling that helpless. One thing to lose, another to just only have punchers chance.

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re on the right track man, I don’t want you to think you can’t vent in here . Please understand that I’m a Soulsborne player so I am not really happy unless the game’s trying to kick my teeth in

Copy that man thanks for the disclaimer, I totally understand now🤣 I like a challenge, not a bludgeoning. Glad we all got constructive tho, I was afraid this thread was nose diving.

1 Like

I have to be taken with a spoonful of salt, I’m hyperbolic AF and way to opinionated, so I’m perfect for screaming into the internet importantly 😜 but legit it’s good to talk to you and I appreciate you being open to outside opinions.

1 Like

I got no apology from this guy…i forever banned him though.

Seemed an hour of him posting gotten through.

Just FYI, the majority of people who don’t engage in the forum tend to rage post trash talk about the game not giving it any credit, or time. They just think money has been spent and an experience must be rewarded. Unfortanately, these games like most multiplayer, are competitive.

If you’re not looking specifically on what something means or how it can improve your play style, then you’re not searching the forums correctly or at all.

Sorry @RekII Ive banned you from my account. So you can’t read any of the countless threads ive posted that could help you improve your game. Maybe someone else can help you.

Im currently on a rage ban streak. If you dont behave here, you’ll be banned by someone for a few weeks or months at a time. I’m not proud of it, but i’m just cutting out the rage post fluff around here for my own well being.

1 Like

Don’t care cheerleader, I banned u mentally lol

You shouldn’t after I claimed your skull ripped out your eyeballs and fed them to your kin.

Wow u r so cool! Lol

I fully support you doing that, too few people put up boundaries in their lives for fear of being ridiculed, there’s only so much negativity people can take and frankly it’s not healthy to perseverate on negativity

1 Like

Wha? RDO received spme update? I hear that some update will be on Christmas…Some really big update(the biggest). But I didn’t hear about any another quite big updates that were before

1 Like