Discussion: Predator stealth

Dont use your eyes. Use your ears. The second he hits the ground hes gonna start moving and ur gonna hear his fat ass trampling whatever way hes going

1 Like

I think that all the ideas are good. To get the full context one has to read your whole guide I think, and not just pick on certain sections. When reading through it (nice work btw) I get the feel that if implemented it would slow down the game play a lot and move towards more of a stalking experience and more use of tactics instead of primarily being quick and precise on the keyboard + mouse/controller (depending of platform).

1 Like

The sound of clicks that echoes around is a great idea for a perk, I would solve the problem of stealth with the distance of visibility, that is, conditionally at 40 meters you do not see a predator even if it dances polka on a branch. Closer, interference appears. Marking is really a problem, but only on a PC, you can solve the problem without affecting the console, just by making it so that you don’t mark the silhouette of a predator, just give a mark with a badge that it’s there and remove the information that it was marked to the predator itself.

after Beta i noted that predator noises is big part of atmosphere and it should not be removed

I agree. But its too directional and can easily be used to locate pred atm. So making it sound like its coming from all around might be the best way

I suggested removing the positioning of sound

1 Like

Then we are in agreement there

I’m not in agreement. While there are things about Spotting that can be troublesome, asking for all the audio ques to echo and add confusion to the FT is to much.

Well heres the issue

For most ps4 players they dont listen to sound enough for it to matter.

for most PC players, they Only listen to sound so its all that matters.

Ummm, I’m a PS4 player and I use sound.

I don’t think it’s as b/w as you’re making it out.

Not saying ps4 players dont. Just saying when sound is whored, it becomes an issue. Realistically the sound ques that pred gives should be from things like cloak active/deactive and the firing of his weapons at range.

Not constant clicking that the pred player has no control over.

audio decoys could be changed to make plasma caster noises to confuse the FT.

If you come up against a lot of sound whoring there are things you can do to counter it. Audio decoys, not using Active-Camo and legit sneaking into the compound from the ground level or from the side they’re not watching on.

The Predator makes those noises in the movies too, it’s done on purpose so the Predator can claim the kill was honourable and not just a backstab. They’re cheating by using AC and attacking from surprise, however if they give a warning noise, the prey has had an opportunity to either run or prepare for battle.

Lastly it’s a video game that is supposed to be more complicated than a set number of positional choices, basically you have options to take advantage of people who play by sound whoring and can use other tactics to win against even superior fire power.

@Lazycollinator, sorry forgot I need to hit reply.

1 Like

Thats a fair perspective.

also

lol

Yeah PS4 here, my FT always figures out where the Pred is because with a good set of headphones, it’s like a homing beacon, we also spot the tree or object that Pred is in, not him, that way we can all sight and shoot him without him knowing he’s been made.

Yeah, it certainly doesnt help that things like discord exist so pred cant even hear the team talking (which is my favorite thing ever. I just wish more people talked in game)

We would, except the game chat on PS4 is awful, everyone sounds like their underwater. The party chat has nice audio quality though.

Really? thats unfortunate :/ I feel like for the FT it should sound like a party chat, and not be prox based. (because youd figure they are wearing radios) But pred can still hear them off of proximity.

Facts

I think the Predator cloaking should be distance+movement based, like:

• If you are moving while crouched, harder will be to spot;

• If the Predator is too close and moving around constantly, easier will be to see the Predator;

• If the Predator is too far away, harder would be to spot him.

Really like this idea.

1 Like

I agree. There should be some range to it because you can see a pred leaping tree to tree pretty damn easily at long range