Discussion: Predator stealth

If you have seen my rework guide or my thoughts on spotting, you know that I feel that predator being unable to be as sneaky as one would like, is down to 3 things in my opinion. I will post a possible solution for each idea, and I would like to know if you think one, or multiple of these things should be dealt with. Or you have a different idea on how to approach the issue.

1. Predators cloak only makes him invisible when standing still.
  • Predator should remain cloaked when crouch walking.
  1. When cloaked predator makes clicking noises that are highly directional.
  • Remove the directional audio for the clicking ( make it echo all around)
  1. Fireteam spot spamming
  • Fix either 1, or 2, then on top of that remove the FT ability to spot fully invis pred.

In my guide, I have all 3 of these things. But I cant help but wonder if having all 3 is overkill to some extent, and if simply 1, or 2, being fixed would fix the issue entirely?

Please come discuss.

13 Likes

I very much like all of these ideas other wise the FT is way to unrealistic cuhz some legit look at every branch and spam not to mention have headsets with that audio shit lmao I mean that I’m sortov fine with cuhz it’s more realistic but still a Lil much and I would like to sneak in trees completely invis wile crouched 👍

1 or 2 what?

He’s sayin for the first ideas 1 and 2

ah ok well honestly i think 1&2 would be a good testing ground and throw in 3 if its a bit too much for the predator still, if the predator is too strong then take away 2 and if its prefect as it is well no need for anymore effort ( on the devs part ) thats where i stand on it

2 Likes

You can already shoot arrows/disk from stealth. If you have issues with your stealth, use leap to confuse the fireteam. Do you have any idea how hard is to keep track of a guy leaping? Do you have any idea how nice it is to be hit with stuff that drains most of your health and not even know wheres coming from?

Im not talking about mid engagement stealth. Im talking about im just watching the fireteam from a tree branch stealth.

2 Likes

I think, and hear me out, we should get a cardboard box. I believe that would be the best form of stealth. XD.

I agree with these changes. Though theres also one that’s kind of related, and that’s pc really needs to fix ft visibility on a cloaked pred. Il look for the vid, but on pc, the cloak makes you stand out for no reason, sometimes. You were there in that thread, idk if you saw what I pointed out.

1 Like

You mean that video where against the leaves pred looks like he was reflecting the light of the sun into the FT’s eyes?

Yes! That, is definitely unintentional. It was caused by the leaves. So I can already tell anything that’s a certain color will make a preds cloak unintentionally stand out because it recognizes something else, or ignores certain things.

I’m bad with words and explaining things, so I hope I’m getting what im trying to say across.

My phone’s demonic tounge auto correct does not help either.

Yeah im not sure what kind of fuckery they pulled to get preds cloak to work as it does, but I find it is extremely obvious at longer distances when pred is jumping tree to tree. so unless he approaches on foot, hes probably exposing himself.

I’m sad you didnt comment on my box suggestion lol.
Anyway it looks like on pc, I’m not sure if it’s only potatoe mode, the cloak sometimes doesn’t work like intended.

However I swear I’ve seen something similar to that over here on ps4. To add on even more, I swear I’ve seen a fully invis pred when he was standing in the trees before.

Maybe we should report that cloak thing regarding leaves under bugs? Cause that really doesn’t feel intentional.
Idk

Edit: i just havent seen it that badly on ps4.

lol look man, I love Metal gear as much as the next guy. But I dont care enough about those S ranks to sacrifice my PP active camo

I havent tested the cloak at all so I just go under the presumption of, if im moving at all, its ass. If im standing still, its slightly less ass (depends on the FT attention to audio)

1 Like

I think we should take it further and also remove the ability to spot from Assault, Support, and Dutch.

Nah I dont like the idea of removing spotting for specific classes.

and heres the simplest reason why.

Ps4 players.

Most of them dont have a mic, and need that spotting to even relatively be able to keep their team on track with pred.

Disable motion blur

Brah, the prob with ps4 plsyers is a lot of these guys are on super low sensitivity for controls. That’s why I dance around them alot xD.

I’m not saying make the cloak completely invis while you move, I mean make it work as intended.

It’s not complete ass when you move on ps4.
Works on a lot of ppl.
But I feel that’s cause it works as intended over here. From what I’ve seen I really dont think it does on pc.

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with motion blur. Leap is extremely disorientating. Do you know how many times predators looked like they where going to jump over me and when I turned around they where not there? Yeah… its very hard to keep track considering how high and far they can jump and the number of objects that cut line of sight.

It’s in an arc everytime and the predator can’t course correct you make it sound like he was barrel rolling through the air. If he was styling on you swooping in and out of the skylights though I stand corrected and leap is the highest skillcap tool in the game lol

But definitely turn off motion blur

I know you can’t course correct but you can choose where you leap to and the moment he is over you’re head, you have no idea where he choose to land.