Do we think a Damage boost Cap?

I mean heavy hitter is only melee damage so I dont think it stacks with anything but leader so yeah ur good! Plus u have to get right up in the preds bubbles so its a fair trade

Good lol!

I tried it once in Highschool cause this girl I was crushing on liked it but after one bite ai just felt pitty for her at that point lol

1 Like

No, damage shouldnā€™t be capped

Damage needs to be reduced. Heavily. On both sides. And get rid of damage increase/decrease passives, perks and specializations.

An assault with bane and reckless does 130% damage with the most broken weapon for FT. If thereā€™s a leader in the team, thatā€™s 150% damage. Assault and Duelist are the most broken classes of FT when it comes to damage inflicting.

1 Like

Think the specializations themselves are fine because in principle itā€™s a ā€œspecializationā€ itā€™s the role you are filling. Perks is one thing since theyā€™re universal and stacking. Maybe maybe reduce the damage boost the specializations have (down to 5%) but donā€™t get rid of them because theyā€™re moreā€¦specialized, when the perks are gone.

1 Like

So if you cap the boost they get at 20% that is in a sense decrease the damage out put!

If we keep the base damage for all guns!

And we say that number is 0% extra damage being dealt, the addition to bane and deadly we are no sitting at 35% extra damage! Then we add leader to that! That Whatever I think 50% extra damage added! So if we have 2 of these assault builds thats 100% extra damage with just 3 players not including of the Leader is dutch 87 with bane so that 135% extra damage being dealt thats alot!

Now if we cap each players boost to 20% extra damage with 3 players thats only 60% extra damage thats alot! Almost 50% less in extra damage being dealt!!

Thats the difference of bing 2nd winded or leaping away with 10% left of ur health!!

I feel a cap would help because the stack out put is to much and asking them to remove them completely may just make the game boring idk thats just me

2 Likes

So in a sense a cap would basically balance Pre-mades out to make it slightly more difficult than faces Randoms instead of it being a near impossible circumstances!

No. No caps. Damage shouldnā€™t be over 100% ever. and right now even 100% damage is too much

1 Like

Okay thats a fair point! You know me im all about removing the Hand holding perks!

Im just trying to make it more appealing to the masses that dont think like we do!

and is not just premades. some pred weapons are broken, such as the eldersword. even the most retarded pred will melt a good FT player with that weapon because the damage is ridiculous and parry at the moment is fucking broken because of the multiple input bug.

1 Like

While I canā€™t argue that fact!

The Pred has always been at a disadvantage so anything that helps them out is appreciated atm

My idea is that the game should be harder for everyone, not easier. With pred queue times, there needs to be some sort of error recovery. As it is right now, you make a mistake, either as FT or as Pred, and you are done. With FT not much of a problem since queue is like 30 secondsā€¦ but waiting 7-10 min for a pred match to learn from each mistake, is absurd. There has to exist the ability to recover, to flee, heal and re-engage. Second wind is a joke, specially when more than half the total damage a pred can take is on second wind and after the bomb is activated.

1 Like

I like hard games! How do we achieve this?

Should it take the entire 25 rounds of the saw-z to even kill the pred?

Should anything under the Scar be like a bb gun to the pred?

Should nades just tickle the pred?

Pred still has to obey laws of physics sort of

Since they are flesh and bullets/shrapnel tear through it like paper

1 Like

Damage reduction. It surely shrinks the skill gap between players.

Perfect example was a clash match we had the other day with top players. Usually BladeMaster is a beast in clash, outperforming everybody by a lot. We lowered the damage for everyone and made it so the only way to score was by kills, and each kill only awarded 1 point. In the end, Bladeā€™s team won, but the score was so much more close than ever before.

1 Like

So we make them like construction paper loll

Okay, but that will hurt the solo players and new players to the game!

No matter how much we all hate them we need to take in account of those players! So yes a damage reduction across the board may help 90% of the community that other 10% will suffer and potentially leave!

So maybe a slight damage reduction to less stackable buffs or a cap to the stack will help the player base as the whole instead of catering to one side or the other!!

Sure new players will still have to learn the curve and solo players will have to adapt to the cap but overall the curve will be slightly flattened to where it is a more enjoyable experience on both ends

YES!

Thatā€™s the whole idea. You remember why people began to team up in this game in the first place?

Bring that back. Bring that experience back to the noobs, instead of having 1 player carry the whole team so they can t-bag at the end with 0 damage and less than 1,000 xp

1 Like

Because lets face it The devs will not undo all the hard work they put in to make the specs and such

They may be willing to adjust and rework some mechanics if they dont have to change them or remove the completely

True that!