Dying light 2

Who else played the first Dying Light and enjoyed it?
I know i did, the parkour was the most intersting stuff. Second one is coming and it looks like they included tons more. It wont be out anytime soon due to the pendamic (not the one in game) and their wait for PS5 to develop for.
I remember there was a great game play in the first one but there was a huge unbalance when they introduced the bigger creatures. Totally messed up the balance and it grinded the game to a halt for me.
Of course I beat the game eventually but never really understood why it had to be that much harder without any ideas other than reaching for youtube walkthroughs and cheats.

3 Likes

Dying Light is still one of my favorite zombie games, and they have a new dlc this month based one of there dormant ips Hellraid I hope be the zombie mode for Dying Light 2 is more refined I cant wait to hear more. Also the following is amazing dlc.

1 Like

Yeah they recently released a DLC that was some kind of arcade game within the game in which was totally off-topic altogether.

1 Like

Hellraid doesnt come out until 13th for pc then 14th for consoles this month.

I enjoyed that dune buggy part of the following dlc. It was like the one and only time you could drive one.

1 Like

Buggy is my favorite especially to just mow down zombies with.

Yeah, honestly I think this is the only zombie game out there that is any good.
Apparently they are pluggin the fact that the entire city (modern city) for the sequel will be completely functionally, playable,etc with zombies within. I got that same vibe with the city Haran but of course they were your basic apartment buildings. The new one will have all sorts of junk added to buildings. so i’m sure the terrain will be dense and full of death!

1 Like

From the amount of time they put so far I have no doubt. A rushed game is forever bad but a delayed game is eventually good.

1 Like

The first was announced in 2013 (who knows how long before that they started to desgin it)…then it came out 2015. 2021 is the estimated release for the sequel.

Geeze…thats a long time.

1 Like

Ive never played dying light but if the parkour isn’t like mirrors edge it’s trash :0 lol I miss that game :(

best zombie game ever. Followed by the 2 dead island games from the same dev. 3 solid titles

Its better or as good Mirrors Edge, plus you cant drop kick a zombie in mirrors edge.

2 Likes

exactly …which reminds me to try out Titan Fall for its parkour.

2 Likes

Go for 2.

1 Like

The parkour isn’t bad at all but it’s a lot less needed in trailers they make it seem like a 24/7 thing it’s really isn’t

2 Likes

I still rather wait for dead island 2 Lol

Dead island still one of the best zombie games ever out there…so much memories

ill keep that in mind.

1 Like

Dying Light was an improvement over stunlock RPG Dead Island in every way lol. Techland perfected their formula and just turned it into a whole new IP which was a great move. I hope night is scary again and they make player invasions relevant.

Parkour feels pretty needed vs the big hordes and the courthouse areas kind of suck until you get the grappling hook. At the same time grappling hook trivalized everything. To this day its the only Mirror’s Edge-esque game that’s not just a glorified tech demo.

Titanfall’s grappling hook is def needed to git gud at pvp or you will get flexed on by sweaty spidermans dropkicking you across the map.